tuscl

TxTittyFan Says Short Treasuries and Short Dollars (Continued...)

Around Jan 24 I started a thread to track how well someone following txtittyfan's advice to short treasuries and short US dollars would have done. I cannot post to the original thread because it is too old, but here is a link for anyone interested:

http://www.tuscl.net/dt.php?DID=95481

The important points are that we started tracking tx with:

DXY (US dollar index): 78.28 (txtittyfan said this would go down and I was a "loser" for buying US dollars)
TLT (long term treasury fund): 92.00 (txtittyfan originally said to short this around 87.5 last year the day before it bottomed because it would going to go down even more. On Jan 24 it was 92).

Today we have:

DXY: 81.35
TLT: 90.11 (+0.96 dividends) = 91.07 effectively.

So far txtittyfan's has been total garbage. As you can see DXY is way up since he called me a "loser" for buying US dollars.

If someone had shorted TLT last year, the day before it bottomed, as txtittyfan suggested they would been down about 3.60 a share plus 0.32 * 10 = 3.20 in dividends, for a whopping 6.80 per share! Yes, that's right folks a -7.8% return in a year when the market basically went nowhere but up!

27 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Doug,

Have you ever considered seeing a shrink about your temper, your need to flame people, and as the above boldly points out-that you hold grudges?

Seriously, you have some anger isues and you shold seek help. I accept that you'll probably respond with some angry "go fuck yourself" response, but until you stop living in denial and seek help on your anger issues......

Of course, then, you might find out something about yourself and that frightens you.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Dudester: Ok, you're the guy who has told me you consider all women (not just whores) to be commodities, and I am the one who needs help? How about you set the example and go first. Are you scared what you will find out about yourself?

I have absolutely no need to flame anyone who doesn't flame me first.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Doug said:"I have absolutely no need to flame anyone who doesn't flame me first."

OK, read my blog-the Pervert's Film Library. You flamed me big time and not once did I mention you.

I could search this discussion list and find all kinds of places where you flamed people. You do have anger issues and you frequently lash out at people here. You started this thread flaming somebody and you said you don't flame unprovoked.

BTW, I did have seven years of counseling and therapy for anger issues. It had to do with repeated childhood abuse, horrible things I saw while in Special Forces, and some other stuff.

So, if you can't afford a shrink, do what I did-go to a church and say "I need help. Can you help me?"
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Dudester: You know what you are such a self admitted fuck up, and your article/attitudes toward non-whore women so offensive that I may have made an exception and flamed you first. Like I say work through your own issues with women before you get to the point of advising others.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Btw, if you remember all the way back to my comments on your inane article, seems like you are the one who holds grudges, yes?
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Once again, Dougster shows off his lack off social skills. He exhibits all the tendencies of a frustrated failed individual. His biggest frustration probably comes the fact that he reads all the posts on this board about the enjoyable times members have in strip clubs, but yet he still can not get a dancer to talk to him.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Hey, tx: you think the USD goes up some more from here or do you think it's time to cover the FAILED short you suggested? I'm gonna keep snapping them up.

Speaking of social skills, tx, lets analyze your life. You used to work as a stock broker but quite that to be a day trader, i.e. working alone since you don't have the social skills necessary to fit into any work place. You go to strip clubs and pay for sex like junkie because you do not have the social skills to sustain a normal (unpaid) relationship with a real woman. This thread demonstrates how bad a trader you are. tx = failing trader with no social skills.
  • usmc
    14 years ago
    yeah guys, let's just let this go and leave the discussions to the topics at hand. strippers, robs, lap dances, extras and clubs. i'm not here to get financial advice, and i dont think anyone else is either.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    This thread needs to remain open and bumped up every once in a while just so that everyone can see exactly how bad txtittyfan's supposedly professional investment advice is. I would agree to drop if it were not for the fact that people's money is at stake.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Ya know, I haven't yet "ignored" anyone on this site, but I'm considering it for both Dougster and MisterGuy. Not because they are obnoxious trolls, jealous of and bitter about everybody else on the site, and whose vocal chords regularly engage without benefit of brain activity, but because they've become so fucking *boring* it makes me go to sleep when I see their posts, even by accident.

Used to be, one could at least find some tidbit of interest in the postings of both of them, but lately it's been all this type of dreck, with not an interesting tidbit in sight.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Speaking of boring, I can't remember a single post "george*mirco dong*" has written, although his count says 282. What's this guy's shtick supposed to be? Personality of an accountant? Hadn't even noticed he was on this site until he made that last post. Has anyone ever replied to him? No need to put him on "ignore". His posts are so boring no one reads them anyway.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Holy shit! You cared enough to go look up the exact number. I'm touched, I really am.

This has gone beyond YAWN to SNORE...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

"YAWN"? Seems that is plagiarism, but be my guest.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I lost track of the stocks I listed in your previous thread.

AAPL has been reporting record earnings though..it is slowly becoming a larger market capitalization than even MSFT.

The VCGH/Rick deal failed and both stocks are down.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also NFLX has skyrocketed to an all time high around $100.

I think it was snakepissen who said he wanted to buy AAPL and NFLX. If he bought at that time he would be a very smart man
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Looks like plissken get an "A" in investment savvy and txtittyfan gets and "F".
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    clubber, I just referenced it. That falls under "fair use." :)
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

Sounds like "lawyer talk" to me! :)
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    Sorry to disappoint you guys, I didn't make that purchase yet, I've been in the process of joining the Navy, and I've been studying calculus and physics every day after work and most of the weekends for the past week or so, and will have to do so till May 20th.

However, when that's squared away, I'm definitely going to make those investments.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    just be careful, AAPL and NFLX have had huge run ups. They don't run up forever. By the time you invest, consider other stocks as well.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    The US dollar and treasuries, especially, we strong last week:

DXY: 81.87
    TLT: 92.17 + (0.96 in dividends = 93.14, effectively)

Anyone who listened to txtittyfan is getting killed in the market!
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Another incredibly good week for the US dollar and treasuries.

DXY: 84.45
    TLT: 95.58

I suspect treasuries topped out and here and it's profit taking time. The USD I suspect will continue to run up a bit higher.

From these values there is absolute proof that txtittyfan is a complete idiot.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Reflecting some more, I think treasuries can continue to climb higher.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Another great week for the US dollar, while treasuries pretty much held their ground:

DXY: 86.26
    TLT: 94.88

• Dougster
    14 years ago
    Treasuries and the dollar remain strong although somewhat off their highs of the year:

DXY: 86.78
    TLT: 96.5 (+1.28 in dividends = 97.78, effectively)

I suspect treasuries may have peaked, but I reckon the US dollar will continue to strengthen this year.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    This week we have

DXY: 86.97
    TLT: 97.41

There's a chance the US dollar has peaked for a little bit. Might be a good time to take profits for those who went long contrary to tittyfan's advice.

I haven't seen tittyfan around here much, lately. Maybe he got wiped out by trying to short the US dollar and treasuries this year?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    One stock that has taken a big hit has been RICK.

BP would have been another good short at the start of their oil spill.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion