Block dress codes

unbelheathen
Pennsylvania
It's not a sure thing, but it looks like business may take me to Baltimore in a few weeks time. Naturally, I've been doing my research - I can't pass up the opportunity to experience The Block, but I've come up with a question I haven't seen the answer for. I hope you can help.

I usually (weather permitting) wear black shorts and a soft shirt clubbing. A nice shirt with a collar, but I'm definitely trying to advertise honestly my intention in being at the club. I noticed on the Oasis website a 'proper attire required' sign; should I stick with slacks, or go for the shorts?

Put another way, what is Block proper attire.

Oh, and any other block tips welcome. I've read lots of club reviews and WWonka's guide, but I'm always eager to hear more.

4 comments

• CarolinaWanderer
    15 years ago
    Shorts are fine
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Has anyone been turned down from a strip club for wearing shorts?
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    No code so long as you're wearing the essentials. Last time I was there I had on cargo shorts, a polo shirt, and sandals.

For the hat and jersey crowd (that's sports jersey not New Jersey) some of the clubs do restrict certain styles and brands of clothing so people aren't getting killed on their doorsteps over them. The Block already has enough drama just dealing with the stupids. Don't get the impression the OP would have that issue, but who knows? Have fun.
  • unbelheathen
    15 years ago
    Thanks for all your replies. If I end up going, I shall certainly post reviews.

Wallanon is right in that I don't face the tribal rivalry fashion problem, It's the rare club that has a crowd offended by an aging moderately prosperous guy whose only publicly revealed preference is for nude women :).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion