tuscl

Worst looking strip club?

Monday, April 5, 2010 4:40 AM
My nominee is The Acropolis in Portland, Oregon. In this picture the vertical stripage looks light blue, but I could've, sworn it was teal when I saw it in person. Making things far, far worse is the presence of a sister building which sits behind where the photo was taken from. It is painted the same way, giving the entire block a nightmarish look. [view link]

16 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    In my profile pics I have uploaded several pictures of what Ohio strip clubs look like. Worst looking strip club could also be Blue Diamond, Candy Store, or Rumor's. As for the worst looking strip club inside I would vote for Sam's Hideaway or Danny's Gold Fox (now known as Lollipop's)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also looks can be deceiving. A bad looking strip club on the outside but be a high mileage gem on the inside. A nice looking strip club might be low mileage. Also neighborhood location can make or break a strip club's appearance.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, I viewed them. While Rumor's doesn't look too inspiring, and the full horror of The Candy Store can't be appreciated (out of focus?), that overly-rusty signage for The Blue Diamond screems "Get a tetanus shot all yeh who dare come here!" [Seriously, how much would it cost just to paint over?!?] By the way, no fair including a picture of Centerfolds... I'm still trying to blot out my $40 VIP nightmare there [I saw a nipple!!!!!!] As for the inside at The Acropolis, dancers entertain all seated at the sides of their corral (yes it is a VERY rustic feel.) Witnessed one of the best-looking au natural blondes I've ever seen in a club spot a guy using his cell to take her picture while she was up and full nude; bouncer came and 'removed' unwanted behavior. No idea how many pieces he got his phone back in.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    No way CT...some of samsung's many strip club pics (particularly Rumor's or The Candy Store) beat this OR one. I would nominate Diamond Dolls/Diamond Cabaret (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) in Plattsburgh, NY. That place looked like an old, wooden road house that hadn't been renovated in many decades. The place looked like it could fall over at any minute... Does anyone remember Bones' old "jack joint" in OH? The picture of the deck at that place was a riot...it looked like a tornado hit it. "Also looks can be deceiving. A bad looking strip club on the outside but be a high mileage gem on the inside." Very true...especially for the above strip club in northern NY state.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I can't believe we are talking about this. No strip club building is an architectural gem, and if it somehow were, they'd paint it to look like it wasn't. [view link] shows a number of them in Iowa, as well as WI, IL, SD, and NE. Some of them are truly ugly. My worst is [view link] which happens to be in Fort Dodge, IA. My favorite club is not much to look at, although I've only seen it once during daylight that I remember. An outdated pic of that club is at [view link]
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Mr. G, maybe you need to see it in person. Candy-striped in teal and white in a residential area??? The thing about run-down shacks, they tend to be in areas where the surrounding real estate really doesn't differ too much.
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    Ahaha, yep, I remember this club. I was born and raised in Portland, OR. Drove past it plenty of times. Ugly-ass building, isn't it? BTW, Brad's Brass Flamingo, which is the highest-ranked club in Indiana, is on Southeastern Ave., which is not in a super-rich neighborhood at all. Lower white middle class neighborhood, to be exact.
  • Kprince
    14 years ago
    Uhm, Henry the 8th in Southgate, MI... Specifically, the jizz stained rectangular lap dance room with the makeshift chairs.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Dan, not bad! Love the painted over windows, spray painted name = they spent a bundle fixing it up. Yet the business barely pictured next door looks pretty nice. Did you view Samsung's Blue Diamond? Fetish: A once native Portlander?? Grow tired of correcting midwestern people who say OreGONE? Glad to hear you feel the same way about The Acropolis. I wonder when a neighborhood community group made up of "concerned parents" will assemble and descend upon the Acrop to douse it in a fresh coat of white during the middle of the night??? KPrince: I was thinking about the exterior when I wrote the title for the thread. But since you brought up Henry's South, how can you be sure it eclipses Bogart's?
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Touch Of Class"...LMAO! I like the bike with the kid's seat in the back resting against the club. That club takes the prize IMO. Honorable Mentions go to: [view link] [view link] The "Most Likely to Survive a Tornado" Award: [view link] The "Could You Get Any Further Away Before You Snapped the Picture" Award: [view link] The "Best Catch Phrase" Award: [view link] "We'll Make You Squeal" The "Best Friendly Service" Award: [view link] ...because I got confused when I saw "Engine Diagnostics, Wheel Balance, Front End Alignment, Brakes-Mufflers, and Tune-Ups" on the side of the building. "Holy shit, they fix your car while you're at the club?!" :) The "Best Name" Award: [view link] Screamin MeeMees ------------------------- "Candy-striped in teal and white in a residential area?" Sure, I'm sure it looks awful & out of place, but it doesn't look like it's about to fall down IMO.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    LOL, Kprince, spoken like a man with experience. That is what Henry VIII South is all about. Cum one, cum all!!! CT is right also, Don's clubs here in Detroit are not architectual gems, but who cares.
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    @CTWERTY: Uh, yeah! LOL. That and telling me I have an accent. 'You sound like a chick off 90210.' I still don't think I have an accented voice...I think everyone else does! Ha! Yeah, I was born in Oregon and raised for part of my life there, then I transitioned to Washington and stayed there until just a year ago.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    "Transitioned to WA?" As in pay no Oregon state income tax by living in Vancouver, and buy everything in Oregon to avoid WA sales tax??? [For those not in the know, WA has no state income tax, and Oregon has no sales tax. Think of how much someone saves in sales and state income taxes by living just barely on the WA side of the Columbia River; THAT'S A LOT OF LAP DANCES!!!!]
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    EXACTLY.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Fetish, I saw your "sisters" featured once on CNBC. A group of "little old sweet grannies" had gotten together to form their investment club and were interviewed during the broadcast day. Course what I thought of was the 7+% they were likely saving in taxes everyday!
  • fetish_dancer
    14 years ago
    hahaha! Good for them!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion