tuscl

Are club Mgrs scripting fake reviews on TUSCL to promote their clubs?

dallas702
Wandering
Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:40 AM
I was looking through recent reviews and saw a review for a new Tampa nude club. Just for kicks I clicked on the club and found several glowing reviews with very high marks and really positive (vague) reports about their expensive VIP. Since new clubs seldom rate so high in the first months, I checked several of the reviewers and found they joined in March and had just the one review (or in one case a bla review of Mons V and high marks for the new club). There were also some positive reviews (not nearly as highly rated) that appeared to me legit. I wonder? Are the "10s" reviews deceptive club promos? How often does this happen? Do you care?

18 comments

• Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Yes, someone (managers, dancers, boyfriends, it really doesn't matter) is giving false reviews all the time. Do I care? Hardly worth dwelling on. Trust in your BS detector and you'll be fine.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Yes I thought about going to Bottoms Lounge in Akron, OH because of the good reviews. I then check on stripclublist and realized how many dancers and employees were using it. I then assumed a lot of the tuscl reviews must be written by insiders. Also another misleading type of reviewer is the strip club regular who does not mention that he is a regular. Of course if a guy has the time and money to go every week and spend a grand then he's going to be getting good mileage and a fun time.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I remember when I first read the reviews on Centerfolds here in Columbus, OH they were great. I went there and the club sucked. After a few years Centerfolds started to get more reviews and the "truth" about how badly the place sucks came out.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I think I found the club you are talking about: Skin Tampa-Full Nude Ultra Lounge A lot of the reviews are good for it but the overall rating is still only a 6.3/10. This is because the review that holds the most influence is the one by tuscl member "bob forapples" who has been a tuscl member since March 2003 and has 6 reviews total. He rated the club a 5.67/10 It does show on their site that they offer free breast implants for their dancers but I wonder what the catch to that is...
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    Remember, your ratings for any one club are averaged and only count once. No single member can heavily impact the rating of a club unless they join under numerous names. Founder refers to this as an algorithm. I don't put much stock in a club's rating until their are at least 12 reviews.
  • Mr.White
    14 years ago
    i used to print out the reviews and bring them in and show the girls that didn't have a computer.she would read them and tell me who did the review.the manager the bartender or another stripper.i've been told not to write reviews of the strippers.i thought they would want the advertisement.she told me that if she gets that "reputation" all the guys that come in expect the extras.even if i don't mention extras,so if i do review a club i always just mention the club bartenders,waitress or dj and hot doorgirl.if i have a bad experience i do tell all. lol.i only review on that stipclubs website.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    The manager/dancer review jumps out as...bland. It's a wonderful place, clean, friendly, helpful staff, every woman is beautiful, the best dance I ever had, etc.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Club managers, staff, and dancers do post fake reviews to drum up business. However, the way this site is set up (moderating) prevents it from being common. This type of stuff is extremely rampant on [view link]. When scouting a strip club on TUSCL, I put weight on reviews from: 1. Regulars on the discussion board 2. Posters who have reviewed clubs across the country/world (true hobbyists) I alway discount reviews from: 1. People with poor grammar and short, vague reviews 2. People who reviewed the same club over and over or disappear after writing one review
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    There are probably some but I do not think it is widespread. Ken Wood,owner of the 4 PP chain will not even answer my emails.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    It wouldn't be a surprise if they did, but I don't believe anywhere I've ever gone is on that list. Hell, I bet they don't even know TUSCL exists.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Yes, this has happened before on TUSCL, particularly at the now defunct HLD in NYC.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    ...should be considered a work of fiction...
  • babehunter90
    14 years ago
    On any review site (adult or otherwise) you can bet that some unscrupulous club owner has signed up and given his own club glowing reviews (and/or trashed his competitors). However, sites like these are self-correcting by design: the more reviews posted about a given club (i.e. real reviews posted by actual customers), the less influence any single review will have, and in time the real, honest reviews will outpower the deliberately planted ones.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    if you guys think tuscl is bad with club owners manipulating it you should see [view link]. They even sell a "control panel" to the owners so they can delete comments.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    hell, sinclair, I guess I should stop writing reviews than, as I've got a local that I always go to, mainly because it *is* local, and I've reviewed it more than once. then again, I usually try to 'tell it like it is' and not make the place either too great or too bad.
  • curiousgeorgefun
    14 years ago
    I used to visit SCL until I realized after a trip to Vegas this. The site erased my less than glowing review after a club owner had me banned. Positive thing here is that reviews are not erased so you can read all ofthem not just trust a number. Bravo to this site. Keep up the good work. P.s. I used to work with a plastic surgeon who gave huge discounts to strippers. They can use their photos in their book they use to show potential customers. Strippers are usually better looking and wont object to photos. Clubs that offer free tits get huge discount from surgeon
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    One of my favorite shows to watch is Nip/Tuck...about 2 plastic surgeons and one of them frequents strip clubs lol
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Here is an example from [view link] for Dreamgirls COlumbus, OH of a dancer posting a fake review: re: dave • 4/7/2010 Post a Reply • Delete This Comment • Read Reviews • Join Now! • SCL Jobs • Club Free Pass I know if you read her post you will notice her using "!!" at the end of her statements. Usually only women use that and not men. "She is great!!" Dave • 4/6/2010 Post a Reply • Delete This Comment • Read Reviews • Join Now! • SCL Jobs • Club Free Pass Persuasion I love you honey but you're covers been blown...I was just talking to you about this site and now you are writing you're own reviews. Very few people know of your sister because its been so long since she danced...but you are very sweet my dear re: • 4/5/2010 Post a Reply • Delete This Comment • Read Reviews • Join Now! • SCL Jobs • Club Free Pass what days do those dancers work? I want to check them out. Also how do we know that you aren't the dancing pretending to be a customer to drum up business? Persuasion is the best!! • 4/4/2010 Post a Reply • Delete This Comment • Read Reviews • Join Now! • SCL Jobs • Club Free Pass You have got to talk to and dance with Persuasion!! She is the best, and with a great personality and looks to kill. Treat her with respect and she will be a blast to be with. Remember her sister Pleasure?? Both great!! • 3/30/2010 Post a Reply • Delete This Comment • Read Reviews • Join Now! • SCL Jobs • Club Free Pass
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion