tuscl

About Albuquerque Clubs......???

Recently, I've read several enthusiastic reviews of Albuquerque clubs and I can't help but be curious. When I lived there in the 80's, Albuquerque was the (bold type and underline) mecca in the country for lesbians. and not just female preferring lesbians, but virulent, militant, man hating lesbians who wouldn't go near a man for any amount of money. I went to a Lita Ford performance once and there was hundreds of Playmate quality women there, none interested in dick. I was the only guy, save a bartender.

So, what's going on in Albuquerque-have the lesbians died off or moved away?

9 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Dudester,
    A Lita Ford fan, huh? By coincidence I just did a blog post about the new "Runaways" movie and going to a Joan Jett concert.

• how
    15 years ago
    Albuquerque is not the place to be for SC action, although exceptions make the rule.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    There still is not any top 100 tuscl clubs from new mexico so I doubt things have improved that much.

fyi, Bill Gates and MSFT started off in Albuquerue...they are probably rich enough to go back and buy up the entire town lol
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    " virulent, militant, man hating lesbians who wouldn't go near a man for any amount of money"

Sounds like the perfect hangout for lopaw.
  • zipman68
    15 years ago
    I lived in Abq in the '90, and there was a period when the Icehouse was pretty damn good. But when I returned to visit early in the '00s (I think my last Abq trip was 2003) the Icehouse was not a friendly place. Other clubs sucked. Doubt that much has improved.

Never had any problems with lesbians though. And I even went to an Indigo Girls concert...
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I like the profile pic zipman!
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Last June when I was in ABQ., I noticed the live music scene had also changed drastically-and not for the better. In the 1980's, there was at least 30 clubs where live music was going on and it was standing room only. Back then, bands were making 3k a night. My band drew twice that because we always sold out 4-7 days in advance.

Last June I found only two live music clubs and only a handful of customers in each. I looked into it and found out that the clubs heavily invested in hip hop-rap acts in the 1990's. The problem is that hip hop-rap acts have customers that don't spend money. By the time the clubs figured out that they had fucked up by throwing away the rock bands, the customers and bands had gone away.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Its been a few yrs since I've been to ABQ- I've noticed in the past few yrs that lesbian customers have been more common in "regular stripclubs". Not majority to be sure, but noticeable in several clubs nationwide. Some nights at ABCO/Phoenix, 1/4-1/3 of stage dive patrons were lesbian customers.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    What is worse...being the mecca for lesbians or the mecca for Christians? Cincinnati only has one single strip club in the city and it is a Deja Vu air dance factory. Good thing that they are within a reasonable drive to Dayton, OH, one of the best SC cities in Ohio. Also they have a couple Kentucky clubs if they want to cross state border.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion