tuscl

One of my regular clubs just "jumped the shark" with a Breast Cancer benefit

I'll be the first to admit that the Diamond Royale in Canton was already a pretty lame club in a lot of ways. The stage is poorly placed, the dances are 80% air, the VIP rooms are overpriced with few or no extras, and it has always had a high percentage of couples and female customers. But none of that prepared me for what I experienced last Saturday when I popped in after being away for a month. The parking lot was packed and the club was jammed with people attending a special benefit for Breast Cancer Survivors, many of whom were in attendance with friends and family members. The club had advertised it as a "Save the Ta-Ta's" night with $15 bucks getting you free draft beer, food, and a raffle ticket for various prizes. It was totally bizarre. Granted, there were still dancers on stage and wandering around giving the usual table dances, but the whole atmosphere was like a regular bar with lots of drunk women (some of them admittedly pretty hot) and clueless guys who had no idea what to do in a SC. The dancers, servers, and shot girls were busting their butts for people who didn't tip well or at all, so in spite of the crowd, it was not a great vibe. I am a huge supported of this cause and applaud the club's public service spirit, but to me, this was a "jump the shark" moment that rendered this place about as erotic as a family reunion. How long do I keep going back to see my regular girls at a place that now scores a .01 out of 100 on the mileage meter?

4 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    "Air dances ?" I wouldn't be back.
  • winorhino
    15 years ago
    Why bother? Unless it's the best thing in the area, and if so, that's pretty sad.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    maybe check out the christie's cabaret...it's not high mileage but probably better than that place.

Maybe they got that idea from the Haiti fund raiser a strip club did in Toledo.
  • igloo9999
    15 years ago
    the one and only time i was ever there was so uneventful i didnt even take the time to write a review so i'm not surprised they tried this. it is not the best thing in the area and you should have been looking elsewhere long ago. the 80% air and lack of dancers has kept me away from there for years. If you like 'Gentlemen's Clubs' try Christie's but if you like a little grope & grab, save up & head to Akron.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion