tuscl

Tijuana: safety and recommendations?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Friday, February 5, 2010 1:42 AM
Is it safe for Americans to visit the Tijuana clubs, in particular Adelitas or Hong Kong (the clubs that seem to get the best TUSCL reviews)? I plan to walk across the border and take a taxi to the clubs. Any updates on the drug cartel violence and advice on best clubs? I'm assuming that the San Diego scene is pretty lame compared to Tijuana.

8 comments

• earlyriser60609
    14 years ago
    A buddy of mine visits TJ and he laid off for some time when the violence was really bad...he's been back twice now and all is well according to him. Adelitas is his favorite. $5 cab ride all over town..the best way to do it. Good Luck..
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    You're probably safe, but I wouldn't do it. Every time I think it's slowing down 11 people get killed...
  • PeterTips
    13 years ago
    Any updates on safety in Zona Norte? I'll be in southern CA this weekend and would like to check out the Tijuana clubs, but no pussy is worth dying for.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I was there recently and once you cross the border, you don't go far before you come to the taxi's. Hop in a cab for $5, they take you right to the front door. You walk in have a great time. Walk out, hop in a taxi right back to the boarder for $5 get out, walk back through the boarder (if you have a passport, it will usually be quicker than if you just have a driver's licence. They will give you the third degree). Hop back in your car and have great stories to relay to us in your reviews. I will admit I was a little nervous at first, but in reality, the drive takes 3-5 min both ways and you will be in the club or upstairs with a girl for most of your time. As long as you don't act a fool, you should be fine.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    A lot of Americans who have been getting kidnapped are of Mexican heritage. So if you are that, keep it in mind.
  • silkypants
    13 years ago
    Just visited TJ a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine. I only take the yellow cabs. I visited three clubs, Hong Kong, Adelita and Amnesia. I thought Hong Kong was the best but I don't know when I will go back. After my second visit to TJ, Detroit and Florida are better options for me.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    I haven't found any place better than TJ in North America. Once you are savvy with the place there is really nothing better if what you are looking for is sex with beautiful women. Don't worry about safety too much. The 'zona norte' as they call it is actually quite safe. I've been down there 8 nights so far on two different trips. Looking forward to the next visit.
  • PeterTips
    13 years ago
    Are the clubs decent during the day, or do I need to go at night to get the full experience? It will probably be Saturday either before or after the 5:35 Padres game.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion