tuscl

Opening night at a strip club?

Just wondering if you guys have been to opening night or even week for a strip club? There is Whispers Cabaret that opened here in Columbus and they have their soft opening tonight. I have thought about going out but it is too damn cold for me! lol They have a grand opening next friday, so if the weather clears up I might go. Cover is free for their first week in business. Just wondering if any one has any stories or advice for going to a SC when it first opens for business.

I have already thought to myself that I should watch out for the ROBs who try to take advantage of new customers at a club but anything else? The night is still young (only 7:30pm here in Ohio) so if I can hear some good stories or advice I might make a late night visit if any one is fast enough with replying.

10 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    Strip clubs with grand openings bring in their best from all over-no ROB's-they want guys to come back. I went to a grand opening once, and it was, to quote Martha Stewart "A good thing."

The only bump in the road happened the second I walked in the door. One of two local radio DJ's, known for being perverts were in attendance. As I walked in the door, one of them grabbed me by the shoulders, shook me vigorously, and screamed "HAVE YOU SEEN ANY PUSSY?"
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Only to openings of a "new" or "improved" club or a name change. I prefer an established club.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I went to the opening night of the Playhouse, the only nude club here in the Omaha area. I don't really remember too much about it, except that the building was half the size it is now and the men's room didn't have running water. They only had the $25 no-touch private dance room. It was, and still is, BYOB, but you could bring bottles in as well as cans. It's my memory of that day that the girls were not as hot as their girls are today, but that could be wrong. I don't think it was especially crowded, but soon enough, it was so crowded that they had to expand their building, and now you go there, and you see the crowd, and it could probably all fit in the original room.

There was one girl there that night who came to be a favorite, only to grow into a ROB. But that club doesn't have much tolerance for ROB behavior, because they do want you back.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the input. I did end up going to visit and plan to submit a brief review to outline the essentials on it.

I have got so much out of tuscl, I figured I would give back a little and be the first to review it. The club itself overall sucked and I would have had a better time at an establish club...but it was my turn to take one for the team lol
  • rmasecret
    15 years ago
    I went to Whispers opening too. The setup is ok, but overall, not impressed.

I think what gets me is that after buying 4 beers ($4 Heinekin) and 4 dancer shots ($10 each), they would still charge me $3 for a diet coke???

I'll go back here and there just to see my friend, but will probably keep at X in that area.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    "Grand Openings" are overpromoted. ROBs are on the prowl and the crowd is sometimes inflated with "celebrities" who are paid to be there to give customers the false impression that this is a new and happening club. I wait until the hype has died down and then give it a look. The test of a club, for me, is how it works day to day, not when it's hyped up for opening.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I was a regular at one club which closed down and then reopened in a new location not too far away in the same town with a different name. They were taking pictures to put under their extensive bar glass under the long table tops. They did this during the opening week or two. I thought I wasn't in any of the pictures until within the last few years when a dancer I did not remember told me there was a picture of me there. They were taking pictures mostly of the dancers I thought. It might be interesting to go back and see how many pics of dancers I still remember and see if I find myself.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I was surprised a dancer remembered me from so long ago and even knew of a picture of me at a club I once visited.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    It wasn't a grand opening but simply my first visit to one club. To prove you don't know what you're walking into when first visiting a club, I saw a packed club. I stood up for several minutes not seeing any empty seats. One dancer helped me out by getting a chair from some other people at a table and pulled it up to the stage and sat in my lap. They were doing special stage shows Las Vegas style they announced. I thought I saw tv cameras which seemed odd along with the bright lights. Months later, I became friends with a dancer from that club closer to where I live and she told me I was on a DVD they made. All I wanted was a normal less busy visit. I typically like to avoid standing room only crowds and being recorded by tv cameras. It was my first visit to the club and I didn't know what I was getting into.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Interesting to note that on opening friday night they have about 5 dancers and 30 customers. Tonight on saturday they had 2 dancers and 3 customers. They also decided to close down their club early tonight and not reopen until their grand opening. I will return for their grand opening but it seems like this club was only able to attract customers for parties and not regular club nights. I think the main reason is no privacy or mileage in the couch dances. Some people might think it is because it is in a bad neighborhood, but Club X is nearby and it is doing just fine.

Also an interesting thing about going to strip clubs on opening night is you get to meet all the SC junkies like myself. Several customers I recognized as being regulars from other clubs who stopped by Whispers to check it out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion