tuscl

New Columbus, OH Club

Any of the Columbus, OH folks hear anything about Whispers opening up in the Continent?

6 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago

I picked up the new issue of Ohio Night Vision magazine. I saw a full page ad for a new strip club in Columbus called "Whispers Cabaret" located on 6136 Busch Blvd, Columbus, OH. It will have full bar and soft opening is Jan 29 and grand opening is Feb 5th. There is a second club opening on Broad street called Misty's of Columbus. A third strip club is opening down by Scioto Downs but the name has yet to be released. I am not familiar with Scioto Downs but I know Broad street and Busch Blvd are not upscale places, so I will probably still choose Kahoot's as my regular spot. I hope more competition means it will be better for the customers though.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    There was also a club called Danny's Gold Fox that was right next to 71 and in the same parking lot as the Waffle House and next to the Giant Eagle. That got closed down. Then it reopened as Lollipop's and closed down within a month or two. It has not been reopened to my knowledge.
    Route 161/Busch Blvd is not my favorite area but if I am passing through on 71 I like to stop off at Club X.

Remember back in the day when the Continent was the most hopping and upscale part of town? Now it is a pretty ghetto area with several buildings empty (Dockside dolls is another nearby strip club that never reopened, not to mention the Hooter's that closed!)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    OK, I just went to go get the Ohio Night Vision magazine...it says for any information call
    Phone: 614-840-0850
    Hours: Mon-Fri 6pm-2:30am
    Sat 7pm-2:30 am
    Closed Sunday

They are currently hiring good staff members with experience. (I'm sure you could lie about having strip club experience and use a SC buddy as your reference who could lie for you) It's a strip club job, not a law firm career!

They also don't have a house fee for dancers so I am sure they will attract a lot of the ghetto trash around that area to come dance on the pole.
  • rmasecret
    15 years ago
    I do remember when the continent was the most hopping place.

I heard that the manager will be the same guy that ran Lollipops (and into the ground). I typically go to Club X. There was a lot of buzz there amongst the dancers about Whispers. Might check it out Friday for the "soft" opening.

The Scioto Downs area is definitely not upscale, but it's not a ghetto either. It has more of a rural feel, but just outside the city.

Seems like Cols has jammed a lot of clubs into the 161 area.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    what is the story behind the guy and lollipop's? I thought about going to check out whispers but if it is the same idiot who drove lollipop's into the ground I might not
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    well I just called and asked about the cover charge (lollipop's had a $20 cover charge when they opened) and the guy said there is no cover charge for their first week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion