tuscl

Please send $10 to Haiti.

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
OK, it's only half a lapdance. But if everyone who visited this site in a month sent $10 via a very easy text message, we could raise about $4,000,000 (yes, four million dollars)

4 mil will go a LOOOOOOOOOONG way there!

Thanks for helping guys!

26 comments

• mitciv
    15 years ago
    With all due respect my answer is no.

I'm sure Barack Insane Obummer will spend far more than $10 on my behalf before all is said and done!

Janet Napolitano with the stroke of a pen amnestied tens of thousands of illegal Haitians, how many of those are violent criminals? and Biden has already called for nation building in Haiti.

Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Haiti....when will it end?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I recall you did a fundraiser for a stripper's family. How did that go?

Also when you text the donation, they will add $10 to your phone bill each month until you opt out.
    "Customers of participating wireless carriers can text message "HAITI" to 90999 and make a $10 donation to support the American Red Cross Haiti relief efforts. Donations will appear on customers' monthly bills or be debited from a prepaid account balance. Message and data rates may apply. To opt-out, send "STOP" to 90999. To see the terms applicable to donations, please visit www.mgive.com/A. Receipts for donations are available at www.mgive.org/receipt."
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I already spend more than $10 for foreign aid. And here at home, God knows how much goes to the Haitian population in Miami!

But really, I am going to double all the aid I received from Haiti after hurricane andrew and send that to them!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Janet Napolitano with the stroke of a pen amnestied tens of thousands of illegal Haitians"

That would be *temporary* amnesty Mr. Right-wing troll liar.

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?ar…

BTW, there are apparently only 76,000 illegal immigrants from Haiti in the USA. Nice try at fear-mongering, but, as per usual, it's not working...

"Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Haiti....when will it end?"

LOL...we're basically almost done providing aid to Iraq, I seriously doubt that anyone really believes that one can build a nation in Afghanistan where none has basically existed before, and last time I checked...we weren't at war with Haiti. Heaven forbid that we provide aid & assistance to people of color though eh ditto-head??
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I am going to double all the aid I received from Haiti after hurricane andrew and send that to them!"

LOL...and your blatant racism comes shinning through once again moron...nice job!
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Please, MisterGay. It's up to an individual if he/she wants to give to charity or not. It's really no one else's business. I sent to money for Haitian aid, but you won't hear me criticizing those who don't.

You also provide absolutely no evidence that clubber and mitciv's motivation for not giving is "racist". Just you charging another windmill in a futile attempt to try and make you feel better about your pathetic whore-mongering life.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    I kind of wish Founder would find a better charity to offer up.

The national chapter of the Red Cross raised vast sums in the wake of 9/11 and then announced they were diverting something like 2/3rds to uses other than for the victims. Also, their individual chapters have been plagued by corruption and mismanagement; in San Diego, in 2001 in the wake of the Alpine fire, of the $400,000 raised for victims, only $6,000 went to those folks. The rest was divied up amongst the greedy board members for posh salaries, etc.

Charities are cash flow machines (especially during a crisis), and too often are abused by those with sticky fingers and of questionable character.
  • founder's heart is in the right place. So founder, thank you for pinning this thread and asking us TUSCLers to donate. What's half a lapdance when we could be saving our fellow man, huh? Maybe we degenerates are useful for something!

But if you guys are skittish about giving away ten bucks just by texting the Red Cross, do you have any Membership Rewards points through American Express? AmEx has set up a special arrangement where you can donate points to the Haiti relief effort; 1,000 points equals $10, and the transaction fee that's usually associated with donating your points will be waived until the middle of next month (I believe). You do have the register and create an account through a third-party website, but there is no pressure for you to donate miles regularly, if y'all are wary of such a catch, and you don't ever go back into this account again if you don't want to.

They have about 80 charities to choose from, even the Red Cross. But what if you don't like to donate to a charity you think will just pocket the money instead of sending it to Haiti? Well, it's always a trust issue, but there are a couple of online clearinghouses that rate the charities for the lowest overhead, among other standards. You can look up a charity's reputation on the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance (http://www.bbb.org/us/Wise-Giving/), or you can go to a website called Charity Navigator (http://www.charitynavigator.org/) which gives out its own ratings for expenses, organizational capacity, effectiveness, and so forth.

I just did this, and it's fairly easy, but if you want just one charity that's in Haiti and seems to not be a ripoff, I chose Oxfam America (http://www.oxfamamerica.org/).

Guys, today is Martin Luther King Day, a day devoted to volunteering. The least, the very least, you can do today is donate credit card points to be used in Haiti. Take care of yourselves, and each other.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    When it comes to supporting a charity for Haiti, it's important that the charity already be on the groud in Haiti, that's why I chose UMCOR. It's a Methodist charity, and as a matter of fact, the man who runs UMCOR for the church was in Haiti during the earthquake. He was pulled out of the rubble ten hours after the quake.

Really want to help? Go to your local Methodist church and give to UMCOR.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    YAWN!
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    What if all the SCs donated one day of gross receipts to Haiti?
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    Don't hold your breath
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I didn't do the cell phone texting for donation but I did put $7 in a local red cross collection cannister at an area super market.
  • founder
    15 years ago
    I am not here to preach. I am not here to talk about a country and its shortcomings. I just think we can easily help some people that have lost what little they had. I am sure parents lost babies, and babies lost parents. I am talking about helping the people, not the country.

I just picked the red cross text because it is super easy. If you have another charity, even for another cause, start your year off by giving 10 bucks to it.

that's all I'm gonna say on this subject.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Founder, I'd only like to add, anything we can give is a help. Every cent counts!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    As the tragedy from last week’s earthquake in Haiti continues to unfold, the Red Cross and other relief organizations have now raised more than $20 million via text message donations, which is about 10 percent of the $210 million total raised so far. The text donations have been doubling at a rapid pace, from $5 million last week to $10 million to more than $20 million today. As more and more people pick up their phones and text “HAITI” to the number 90999, not only is a $10 donation to the Red Cross be added to their phone bill, but many of them are also experiencing mobile SMS payments for the first time.

James Eberhard is the CEO of Mobile Accord, the company behind the mGive Foundation which is coordinating the text fundraising efforts for the Red Cross. Mobile Accord has been running cause marketing campaigns for non-profits since the 2008 SuperBowl. He’s never seen mobile giving at this scale. “It is the biggest,” he says “Previously the largest was during American Idol when Alicia keys made a call to action that raised $450,000 through two calls to action over the course of three minutes.”

There are many advantages to mobile giving. It’s probably the fastest way to make a donation. You don’t have to write a check. You don’t even have to turn on your computer. It lowers the barrier to giving and opens the door to w whole new class of donors. When someone decides they want to give, they can do it immediately and get billed later. (The carriers, for their part, are trying to release the money as quickly as possible to the relief organizations). Eberhard notes that there are 270 million cell phones in the U.S., and they all can send text messages. For the non-profits, they end up getting funds faster and can begin to establish a direct relationship with the people who give.

As text donations become more common, they may also pave the way for regular mobile commerce payments. It’s like Paypal: sending money via text message might seem unnatural at first, but once you do it, the next time the option comes up it won’t seem so strange. The people texting money to the Red Cross this week will be more likely to text money to a business down the road. But for now, keep texting “HAITI.”

Here’s a list of different ways to text to help Haiti:

ext HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross* Text HAITI to 25383 to donate $5 to International Rescue Committee* Text HAITI to 45678 to donate $5 to the Salvation Army in Canada* Text YELE to 501501 to donation $5 to Yele* Text RELIEF to 30644 to get automatically connected to Catholic Relief Services and donate money with your credit card* Text HAITI to 864833 to donate $5 to The United Way* Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to The United Nations Foundation* Text DISASTER to 90999 to donate $10 to Compassion International
    Text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross
    Text QUAKE to 20222 to donate $10 to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
    Text HABITAT to 25383 to donate $10 to Habitat For Humanity
    Text OXFAM to 25383 to donate $10 to Oxfam A
    Text HAITI to 25383 to donate $5 to International Rescue Committee
    Text HAITI to 45678 to donate $5 to the Salvation Army in Canada
    Text YELE to 501501 to donation $5 to Yele
    Text RELIEF to 30644 to get automatically connected to Catholic Relief Services and donate money with your credit card
    Text HAITI to 864833 to donate $5 to The United Way
    Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to The United Nations Foundation
    Text DISASTER to 90999 to donate $10 to Compassion International

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/18/mob…

I wonder when or if strip clubs will start accepting text messages for payment on things like cover charges, etc.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The last part of my post did not come out in an easy to read format so let me try again:

Text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross
    Text QUAKE to 20222 to donate $10 to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
    Text HABITAT to 25383 to donate $10 to Habitat For Humanity
    Text OXFAM to 25383 to donate $10 to Oxfam A
    Text HAITI to 25383 to donate $5 to International Rescue Committee
    Text HAITI to 45678 to donate $5 to the Salvation Army in Canada
    Text YELE to 501501 to donation $5 to Yele
    Text RELIEF to 30644 to get automatically connected to Catholic Relief Services and donate money with your credit card
    Text HAITI to 864833 to donate $5 to The United Way
    Text CERF to 90999 to donate $5 to The United Nations Foundation
    Text DISASTER to 90999 to donate $10 to Compassion International
  • Thanks for the info, samsung1, there are many ways to give!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My credit union always has a special account set up for these kind of energencies. I just go on line and transfer money from my checking account and then print a receipt for tax purposes.
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    Obama is against the bill that would provide care for the 9/11 first responders who have suffered severe illness as a result of their efforts.

I suggest we turn our attention to them. Haiti has received amazingly generous support from Americans.

The primary mission of the FealGood Foundation, a non-profit organization, is to spread awareness and educate the public about the catastrophic health effects on 9/11 first responders, as well as to provide assistance to relieve these great heroes of the financial burdens placed on them over the last five years.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Obama is against the bill that would provide care for the 9/11 first responders who have suffered severe illness as a result of their efforts."

Ugh...repeating the same lies over & over again is NOT going to make them come true troll...give it up! Post some strip club reviews!!
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics…

MisterGay you are so full of crap
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    LOL...oh my poor, lonely, Right-wing troll...again with your intentional lies, which have already been debunked elsewhere in another thread on this very website:

http://www.tuscl.net/dt.php?DID=95926

Still don't have ANYTHING at all to say about strip clubs eh?? Run along now...LOL!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Ohio Strip Club Offering Lap Dances For Haiti
    TOLEDO, Ohio - A strip club in Ohio is hoping patrons will donate money to Haiti relief efforts by accepting lap dances from its employees.

This Saturday, Toledo-based Marilyn's Club will donate 100% of money raised from lap dances to a yet-to-be-determined charity with the hopes of benefiting Haitian earthquake relief efforts.

"Just like everyone, our hearts went out to all the victims in Haiti," Marilyn's club manager Kenny Sporano told FOX affiliate WUPW.

Though some have raised some concern about the idea, Sporano said it shouldn't matter where the money comes from, just that it goes to the right causes.

"A charity is a charity," Sporano said. "If you need the money, who is to say who should judge who and where it comes from?"

Linda Greene, a spokesperson for the Christian-based International Service of Hope, agrees with Sporano.

"I think it's a great idea," Greene commented. "We don't have the right to judge a person's heart, and if somebody is doing something they have to do for a living then that's the way it is."

International Service of Hope has already sent thirteen containers of relief supplies to Haiti, and each one costs more than $5,000 to ship. With a cost that high, it's hard to be picky about where charitable funds come from.
    http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl…
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    The video on the above link says that they are only donating 100% of the strip club's cover charge to Haiti relief, not LD money.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    MG, you are correct about that. Here is an update to the Haiti article. It raised over $1,000 and I am sure several customers came there simply because they knew the cover was going to a good cause. Also an easier way to get a SO out to the SC with you.
    Ohio strip club hosts 'Lap dances for Haiti'

TOLEDO, Ohio -- A strip club in Ohio has raised $1,000 for Haitian earthquake relief during what was billed as "Lap dances for Haiti." Marilyn's on Monroe in Toledo donated the $10 cover charges collected Saturday to ISOH (I-S-O-H)/IMPACT, an organization based in suburban Perrysburg that provides food and clothing for Haiti.

Marilyn's general manager Kenny Soprano says his establishment had been looking for a reason to hold a charity fundraiser even before the quake, as a way to improve its image. He says you don't hear much about strip clubs giving back to the community.

ISOH/IMPACT CEO Linda Greene doesn't have a problem with where the money came from. She says her group appreciates any donations to help Haiti.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion