tuscl

Doctor charged after urging patient to go into prostitution

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (NBC) -- A Nebraska doctor is facing criminal charges after allegedly trying to convince one of his patients to go into prostitution.

Grand Island gynecologist Dr. Navid Yazdi has been practicing medicine in Nebraska for years.

The former patient who made the accusations said Dr. Yazdi photographed her naked and told her how much she could make if she sold sexual services.

Grand Island Police said Dr. Yazdi was arrested Tuesday evening for felony pandering after the woman had another conversation with him regarding prostitution while wearing a police wire.

Yazdi has not been formally charged by the Hall County Attorney's Office.

The patient was uncomfortable going on camera, but did give NBC affiliate KHAS her version of the story.

The victim alleges that in October Dr. Yazdi called her to this clinic after hours where he asked her to take off her clothes.

She said that Dr. Yazdi then sent a photo of her in underwear to a friend.

She continues to say that Dr. Yazdi asked her if she would perform sexual favors for the friend for money.

The victim said about one week ago, she wore a wire for Grand Island Police.

She said in a car ride, Dr. Yazdi continued to ask the victim if she would perform the sexual favors for money.

The victim said Dr. Yazdi asked for sexual favors as well.

Dr. Yazdi and the clinics where he practices have refused to comment.

The victim said she knew the doctor well, and that he delivered a few of her children.

She is currently on parole for attempted burglary, and says she believes her criminal status may be a reason why he tried this with her.

She also said Wednesday that she does not believe she is the only one that the doctor has tried this with.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/watercooler/st…

It's funny how they have no problem publishing the doctor's information and publicly humiliating. But when it comes down to the identity of the supposed "victim" who already has a criminal record of attempted burglary they conceal her name to "protect" her identity. Her reputation is nothing compared to the doctors. Just a warning to not let strippers/whores fuck up your careers! I would not be surprised if the doctor was trying to get her into prostitution so she would have money to pay off her medical bills if she already has had several children, which were delivered by the doctor. I'm guessing she had already been fucking the doctor for free medical practice/advice but now that he quit paying and referring her to a friend she decided to get revenge. I hope they add something like "making false accusation" onto her criminal record along with her attempted burglary.

3 comments

• deogol
    15 years ago
    They are both asshats.

The legal system in the United States does favor women. The examples are all around us, and yet men continue to perpetrate this monstrosity upon ourselves.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    She wore a wire, but formal charges have yet to be brought. Samsung is on to something here. As a doctor, he acted unethically, but she's not red riding hood either. Still, because of his position, he needs to be accompanied with patients so that he doesn't push someone across the line who isn't an ex-con with unpure motives.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    OBGYNs must be extra careful. I have friends in that speciality who tell me all the time about the extra precautions they must take, including never being alone with a patient in the examining room, no personal contact after hours and absolutely no dating. I know more than one M.D. who lost his license and career because of improper advances to patients.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion