tuscl

Tipping

Clubber
Florida
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:22 AM
I have basically been out of the club circuit for about 5 years. I decided to rework, so I am out of the house now. I've been to a couple of clubs and it looks like the normal stage dance or after stage dance tio is more often $2 rather than the $1 it was 5 years ago. Now I know there are all kinds of variables when it comes to tipping, but have you guys, and lady, noticed an increase of the standard tip? Might just be South Florida, or I've misread it.

23 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Clubber, $1.00 stage tips still works well at SC and GA clubs. Yeah, some guys spoil them.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Some clubs now will refuse to give you $1 bills for change and instead give you $2 bills. They will lie to you and say they either "are all out of 1s" or "they are not allowed". Dancers make the majority of their money from dances not stage tips so I would not bother tipping them more than $1 on stage. They don't notice the difference if I tip them $1 or $5. The waitresses/bartenders on the other hand make the most of their money from tips so yes I will often tip them more than $1.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I've been to plenty of clubs, and no dancer has ever been unhappy when I tipped them a dollar. Nothing wrong with $1, considering most people @ the club don't tip every dancer every time.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    I consider a stage tip like a handshake. It's saying hello. $1 is fine. Anymore and you're and you're actually turning a tip into a reward.--but for what? If you can't answer that question then stick to the dollar tips, they work fine unless some local custom makes you out to be a monster for doing otherwise. But even then, you can always deal that that false impression later. Observe, but always be your own self.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I'm not familiar with anywhere other than ESL where the standard tip is $1. I do know a place where when you enter the door, they will give you a couple $2 bills (assuming you gave them a $20 bill), but that place has a standard $1 tip, so I don't know the purpose of ever having $2 bills. Supposedly some of the dancers there do notice when a $2 bill is tipped and will do a little extra, but I don't really notice it (unless it's my fave).
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    This year strippers seemed more likely to ask for $2 tips than the $1 tips in previous years. One stripper tried to get $5 by asking for a dollar for nearly every part of her body.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Pro forma tips (dollar parade, etc.) still $1; dancers I like $2
  • Otto22
    15 years ago
    I remember tipping $1 25 years ago. I would be embarrassed to tip so little in this economy. I always tip the waitress well, $2-3 for a beer even when the beer is only $2.50. They remember and give great service, including guarding my seat while I am in the VIP. For stage dancing I usually tip $2 per set, not per dance. In some clubs I seem to be the only PL tipping more than a $1 if at all. Other clubs may have some tipping $5. I won't tip that much unless I am trying to get a dancer to come to my table when they finish stage work.
  • earlyriser60609
    15 years ago
    Here's my $.02 worth on tipping: Wait staff - I round up and generally that is well received. For example is a beer is $2.75 - $3.50, I throw her a $5; if I'm in a high end club at a mixed drink comes to me at $6.50, I throw her a $10 spot. My rational is I want the waitress to remember me, keep my drinks filled and help navigate through the ROBs. Door woman - $1 - $2 depending on the greeting and cover charge; Dancers - If I want a dancer's attention I give her a $5 and if she's stunning and I want her to sit with me, it's a ten-spot. I don't do this routinely...routinely it's $2-$3 bucks one time during her set.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    If a dancer is actually paying attention to how much you stage tip then she is probably petty and a ROB. She is also the type to probably expect a big tip after a LD.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    sam, you are right. For most dancers, a stage appearance is just a way to advertise their wares. I know a couple that never appear on stage.Not required at my favorite club. A while back my ATF, twice in one day made over $50. All in $1.00 tips. Bunch of army guys went nuts. They couldn't afford private dances so they made up for it by buying beer and tipping the on stage dancer.
  • sinclair
    15 years ago
    I was at The Pony in Memphis one winter night and saw girls making $200 in singles in a three song set. The club was packed and the stage show was the place to spend for most customers since the LD's cost $40 and were not worth it. Lots of dancer/customer interaction at the stage.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    $1 is fine, probably $2-$5 if your looking to get her to your table. Some, I don't stage tip at all.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I would say the average take on a stage appearance at my favorite club is less than $5.00. I have seen tons of dancers, especially at night, not make a dime.I try to tip them all at least once but some times I get so engrossed talking to a favorite or getting a private dance that they get ignored. I said $1.00 tips to all of the females at the club. But they also get a piece of candy and they like it. "Nice touch" "my favorite" "Thank you" kisses.I am known as the candy man.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Thanks all. I do believe this boy will go back and stick with the $1. I do use the $5 or $10 tip if I wish to spend time with a dancer after her stage performance. I ALWAYS make sure she knows it is NOT a $1.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I hope no one is handing out quarters to strippers. Someone said $1.25.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    gator - I thought the same thing when I first read that, but there's no dot between the 1 and the 25. He's saying that he remembers tipping a dollar 25 years ago.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I went back to $1 and don't feel bad about it. Y'all here know more than the general population. Thanks again.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the update clubber. Glad we could be of help to you.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    If sitting on "Perverts Row"- I tip at least $1 per song, more if she was good on stage(or I'm interested in her). If I'm sitting by bar, or out away from stage(s), I'm more interested in circulating dancers, but will walk up, and tip if I watched for any length of time. In a multiple stage environment, I'll of course tip the dancer(s) that I'm most interested in. Occasionally, on the more interactive stage encounters, I've gladly obliged dancers holding both sides of thong (or northern & southern places) for multiple tips. One time I got some grief from 1 female customers' dancer GF. Said customer exposed her ample bosoms prior to interacting with GF dancer on stage dive. I put down a dollar for her- Dancer picked up bill- threw it back at me, saying -" Is that ALL you're going to tip her, what the f#^k is this"? I thought to myself- "This is $1 that you are never going to get from me." I just held my tongue, & saved it for friendlier dancers.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    minnow, you have got go to Columbia with me.I have one favorite that will for $1.00 pull up my shirt and rub her bare tits on my chest. I shit you not. Lots of my buddies have seen it. Funny thing is, I have never seen her do it with any other customer and neither has any one else.$1.00 at the stage will buy more than a $10.00 table dance in ATL or else where. Last month she was sitting in magicrat's lap on the main floor, top off, and he was freely feeling her up. I got some too. Oh he did buy her a drink. I have her phone number and her husbands too. Any one else got a husbands phone number? Btw she is a Sandra Bullock look a like except for a nicer body.
  • jabthehut
    15 years ago
    In this day and time I believe that any stripper would be more than happy to get a $1 tip on stage. I used to go to a club and sit with my faves while others danced. I would give each $1 when they came off stage and would go up to the stage and bestow multiple $1 tips on my faves. One time a dancer (not a fave) said something to me about a lousy dollar tip and I headed to pay for my drinks and then for the door. Before I paid, other dancers had told the manager what had happened and I saw him go to that dancer for a talk. I decided to stay and the next time I went to the club she was unemployed.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    At the last club I visited it was in the afternoon. Perhaps 10 customers. After a two song stage dance, maybe 6-7 minutes, they did the tip walk and made at least $10. They danced at least twice in the hour, so that could be close to $200 an hour. As it was they did about 15 minutes of work for $20. Not a bad job these days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion