tuscl

Why I'm dissapointed about the RI law change

mr_33
Florida
Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:56 PM
It will be interesting to see how much the strip clubs get attention from the police now that the indoor prostitution loophole was closed. I love the RI clubs, even though I never get extras. But I have to say, I'm really disappointed about the change. Even though I kept it in my pants, I liked going to clubs knowing the many of the girls offered the quasi-legal extras.

10 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Don't worry, I'm sure they've kept the lax business rules to continue to encourage corporations to berth there...
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Damn! The RI tourist industry will take a slight hit as a result of this law change. I'll be interesting to see if the "hey, I didn't know the law was changed" line will work for a while...my guess is no. "I'm sure they've kept the lax business rules to continue to encourage corporations to berth there" Huh?? ------------------------------------- "At the Central Health spa, in Providence, the 'open' sign was gone and the doors were locked." "The law makes indoor prostitution a misdemeanor crime punishable, for first offenders, by up to six months in prison and a fine of up to $1,000, or both. However, the law empowers judges to erase the criminal convictions of first offenders. Customers or 'johns' face the same penalties as prostitutes, but without the possibility of getting their criminal records expunged." "At the North Main Street Spa, in Providence, a man at the front office said that word of the governor’s action had scared the women working there." [view link] Too bad...
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Mr. G, I believe the requirements for businesses to incorporate in Rhode Island are extremely beneficial. Or maybe I'm thinking of Delaware.... it's one of the two.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I think you're thinking of DE...that's where a lot of banks & credit card companies are based. RI has one of the worst economy's in the country.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    After reading the link provided by MisterGuy ---it looks like the main emphasis right now will be on the Korean/Asian spas ---nothing mentioned about the strip clubs Here is a direct quote from the Providence police about the subject Providence police Lt Michael “Mike” E. Correia, who heads the narcotics and organized crime bureau, said in a telephone interview Tuesday that “prostitution isn’t the number-one priority at the police department,” which focuses its efforts on violent crimes. However, he added, the department would certainly act quickly “if we have any evidence that there’s human trafficking going on.” Human trafficking is what frequently goes on with the Korean spas -- not necessarily strip clubs - if i lived in RI I do not feel that my favorite hobby would be impacted right now. It may get to that point when some "Barney Fife" with a tin star and a pea shooter wants to make a name for himself and attempts to bust a club
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    "RI has one of the worst economy's in the country" MisterGay, didn't you learn any grammer in elementary school? Oh.....you didn't make it past 4th grade
  • jb2010
    15 years ago
    Just came from the Foxy Lady. New rules on the champagne room and VIP rooms; new manager. Avoid it for a while; maybe the management and the dancers will get the hint.
  • maybeenuf4u
    15 years ago
    Thats too bad, I love the FL in PRI. Its like a shrine to strip clubs around the country. In my minmd it ranks up w/ Mons Venus in (is it Tampa, FL?) Baby Dolls in Dallas TX and Delilahs in Philly.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    maybe this change will be a boom for the strip club industry in RI?
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "maybe this change will be a boom for the strip club industry in RI?" I doubt it, since they were known for ultra-high-mileage LDs, and that should be a thing of the past...for the time being anyways...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion