tuscl

Strangest song at a SC

LeeH
Georgia
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:55 AM
Heard Elvis Presley's "In the Ghetto" recently as the last song before closing at a SC. Didn't complain as I was getting an awesome LD at the time, but afterwards, it hit me. WTF? What about you?

34 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "5 + 5 and 2 * 5 is 10" [Actually, if 1 and 1 makes two, then the above should be 5+5 and 2*5 is 20...]
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    The Wedding March. A dancer was to get married the following weekend. Very weird!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Some of the michael jackson stuff I heard did not really fit in with the SC.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Not strange due to content, but years ago when it was big, one dancer used to try and shake it to "We Are the World." Much too long. Much too much. Weird.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Last song of the night "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra.Done at the Crazy Horse Saloon in Atlanta a few years ago.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    bruce cockburn (yeah joke all you want, its pronounced CO burn), "If I had a rocket launcher"
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Crazy, by Patsy Cline, a hit from the fifties. Seems it's a favorite of one ofd the dancers who has eclectic music tastes. The song is a classic, I like it because my music taste is all emcompassing as well, but I just don't associate it with a strip club--until now.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    "Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners, chosen by a dancer who shared my taste for 80's one hit wonders. (I immediately developed a major crush on her.)
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Steve- I heard "Come on Eileen" on my most recent trip to my favorite club. One of the dancers who probably danced to it when it was new played it. Whenever this lady dances, she dances to this old stuff that in not really right for a strip club, like "Karma Chameleon".
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    My recent favorite strip club song was "Long Lap Dance Song" by T-pain. 6 minute song for lap dances. Too bad most clubs won't play it. [view link]
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    DandyDan - That's funny. Karma Chameleon? Even I might have to draw the line at Boy George/Culture Club.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    now the next question thread will be "what is the strangest song you have heard steve quote?"
  • jaxman5150
    15 years ago
    Old folk song "Chevy Van" and that "Little Red Riding Hood" song. Same club, different nights.
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    3am at the Crazy Horse Too the dj played "F... the Dead." I didn't get the name of the group, but the lyrics were being screamed very clearly. Ah, Vegas.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Heard a Leonard Cohen song once. Thought I was in the twilight zone.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw, "Closing Time"?
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    Leonard Cohen songs in a strip club....did anybody commit suicide? NIN "....I wanna fuck you like an animal..." (help me out..can't remember the name of it) or how about the song that goes "...my neck, my back; lick my pussy an' my crack..." (don't know the name of the song or the artist?). I have heard both of these songs several times in SC's. I guess these aren't really strange songs for SC's, but they are certainly not ones that are normally played. Heard Nat King Cole's Unforgettable recently, but I don't think that's weird - it's real sexy to dance to.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    mmdv26- the NIN song is Closer. That is pretty much a standard song at my #2 club. The other song I don't know, but I always hear it there, too.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    The other night a dancer said she wanted to dance to this new song so she went to ask the DJ to play it. She came back all pissed off because the DJ said the song was "too dirty." This from a guy that routinely plays songs like Closer, Pussy Control, Titty Dancer, etc. I never did find out what the song was.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I hate it when I go to a club and they play the edited versions of songs. If they want to keep it clean why not just avoid playing rap music all together.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I once busted the DJ at my favorite club. He had been posting on club chat for years But I never made the connection. But he slipped up once on the mic and I was fortunate enough to have been there. I gave a fav dancer a burned CD of strip club music and humor and told her to give it to him and tell him it was from shadowcat.She did.He was shocked that I picked it up, a little embarrassed but not pissed off.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Bloodhound Gang's "The Lapdance is Always Better when the Stripper is Crying." OK, I have not heard that in a club, but it would be hilarious.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    how, I have that one on my hard drive along with 51 other songs, gags,sketches, etc.Howard Stern. An MTV of Tina Turner doing "private dancer".Cheeck Marin's famous PUSSY speech from "Dusk til Dawn".I have already burned 3 CD's for TUSCL buddies. I continue to search for new material.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I would also like for a DJ to play chris rock's song "no sex in the champagne room" at a SC with a CR. Truthful advertising but at a couple of clubs I go to the strippers have to tip out to the DJ and the DJ does not want to fuck up his stripper tips. $5-10 from each girl adds up. I like Bloodhound Gang's song "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo". I have not heard any of their songs in a SC even their popular hit that went something like "you and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel"
  • chasman
    15 years ago
    One Saturday afternoon in Vancouver, the DJ was playing nothing but Leonard Cohen between sets. It was trippy - 4 rap songs for the girl, 3 LC for the DJ, 4 hair metal songs for the next girl, 3 LC for the DJ, etc., ect. for a couple of hours. When I finally went to the booth and told him we were all worried he was going to slit his wrists he switched to something else.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    There's some real faggot DJs out there. I remember one clown thought it would be funny to play the Spice Girls back to back with Hanson. What a l.o.s.e.r!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    At least your local strip clubs dont play "Fly Eagles Fly" theme everytime the Philadelphia Eagles score a touchdown (which thankfully hasn't been too often when I've been at the club!)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Customers get a free shot at Dreamgirls whenever Ohio State Buckeyes score a touchdown, which unfortunately has not been very often
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Jaxman, when I saw this topic, the first song I thought of was "Chevy Van". I heard it more than once at C-Mowe's, a dive in Washington Park, Illinois. They must have had 'Super Hits of the 70s" on their jukebox, because you were always hearing weird old stuff, like "Billy Don't Be a Hero" and "Seasons in the Sun". Most of the strippers there looked like they'd been around since the 70s, so I guess it all brought back memories of their youth. I used to hear Leonard Cohen played now and then, especially "Everybody Knows", I assume because of its use in the movie 'Exotica'. His prominence on the 'Natural Born Killers' soundtrack probably helped, too. Strippers seem to discover a lot of their music from movies. As much as I love Leonard Cohen and what his music says about erotic desire, I can see how it it isn't exactly a party starter.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "how about the song that goes '...my neck, my back; lick my pussy an' my crack...'" That's a Khia song..."My Neck, My Back (Dirty Version)". The funniest song that I ever heard in a strip club was a cartoon theme song (I forget which one it was) that the club played whenever a dancer forgot to pre-load her 3 songs for her stage set. It was used as a "punishment"...so they had to dance to that song for their first song in their set.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    haha MG, I forgot all about that song! My neck, my back, lick my pussy and my crack
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Cheap Trick I must be Dreamin'. It's a pretty cool song, frantic and pounding. Go to youtube and search "HEAVY METAL-Cheap Trick-I Must Be Dreamin'" You must be dreamin' You think I love you You must be dreamin' To think I love you
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I heard some pretty stupid halloween music being played tonight. It was strange and did not fit in at all. Kind of ruined the mood while it was being played. Thankfully, I was not getting a LD at the time.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Two girls danced together to "Ghostbusters" the other night. I didn't mind it, kinda fun. "Who ya gonna call?"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion