tuscl

Buying Drinks BS

Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:10 PM
There are a few clubs I frequent where there is the annoying "buy the lady a drink" push. I usually don't let it bother me and just say no except perhaps if I'm having an extended conversation with an atf. Still, I'd like to hear from others how they might "creatively" deal with this issue. I just say "no" and be done with it. But others, I know, cave in to it and let it ruin their evening by feeling pressured and ripped-off. I've thought of ways to get more aggressive in dealing with this so as to not be interrupted several times throughout an evening. One way would be to just say I won't be buying any drinks this evening so don't bother me. Another way would be to offer a small tip in advance for not asking me again for a drink. Another way still would be to just to firmly say "no thank you" every time she asks which is what I usually do. I'd like to hear how others deal with this problem.

21 comments

• Dougster
    15 years ago
    Yep a flat out "no" is good. Another strategy is just to ignore the waitress until she goes away.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Some clubs will charge you an inflated price for the dancer drink others will charge the same price. If it is a club that makes its money from selling lady drinks then you have to just be a customer and go with it. The club with the highest mileage here in Columbus, OH is one where there are no lap dances but just lady drinks. If I am at a club where the money is not made from dancer drinks, then I agree I get annoyed when the waitress comes over right when the dancer sits down and wants to know if I want to order her a drink. It feels like a set up or scam...I just say no thanks not right now and the waitress usually gets the hint.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    If I am enjoying the girl's company I will offer to buy her a drink when the waitress does show up. I had an atf tell me once just to say "no", however, because if I offered to buy her a drink in front of the waitress she would get in trouble if she said no, even if she didn't want one. Personally, I think the best strategy is to say "no, thank you", and then slip the dancer a $5 or $10 tip and say "I'd rather give this to you than the house". Always warms her up.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Another reason why BYOB's are better.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Hobby Guy, try moving your drink in front of the dancer next time one joins you. It's worked for me, as the waitresses assume the dancer already has a beverage.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I usually cave & buy the ladies their drinks. I factor it into my budget for the one club that I go to regularly that does this. The ladies will often reward me with very generous dances.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    One reason I dislike BYOB is here in Ohio dancers are not allowed to drink alcohol at BYOB...it kind of keeps them uptight if they are not naturally loose about sex/stripping. Also YMMV for buying drinks. I remember I had a high mileage 2fer1 dance, and afterwards bought her 2 drinks, then went back for another 2fer1 after the drinks, and suddenly the mileage was way down. She started grabbing at my wrists to stop me from touching. ROB! Maybe I did not tip her enough the first 2fer1?! Whatever the reason though, ROB! Also one club in Ohio that I follow (Amber's Cabaret) used to be very high on the tuscl top 100. Then I started reading reviews about the "buy a lady a drink" scam and the reviews became more negative. The club is still on the top 100 but is at spot 81
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In most Detroit clubs the dancers hustle drinks, which are usually $3 more than the customer price. At a table or at the bar, the drink hustle is the first order of business. And the dancer usually takes a few sips and never finishes. Annoying, yes. Part of the landscape.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Fortunately my favorite club does not have special dancer drink prices.Their drink prices are the same as mine.The waitresses are not pushing drinks for the house but just trying to earn tips.If the dancer is on my favorites list, I will always buy them one or two. I always brag about getting 2 lap dances for $20. Maybe I should be saying 2 for $26.50.But the extra $6.50 is well spent. My 1st ATF always had a bottle in her locker. She said that she would not pay these prices for drinks and would not expect me to pay them either.I can always tell who has had too much to drink. Mileage goes way up. Unfortunately some get totally wasted and mileage goes down.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    I am with lopaw on this one. I build it into my budget, and make it clear by using voice inflection that I will buy her ONE. Waitresses are off the hook, and many times the service improves. Management is happy and may look the other way. Dancer is always happy. Management tends to look at stuff like this. My favorite stripper drink is the $6 bottled water at the juice bars. Shit.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I only buy for a dancer if I wish her to stay or she is a favorite. I always buy some for my favorite bartender. That s a worthwhile investment for me.
  • hobby_guy
    15 years ago
    It's interesting how different things are depending on what area of the country the club is in. In southern Ca. nude clubs, non-alcoholic dancer drinks can cost as much as $10 for a tiny cup of juice. It's a total rip-off. And the dancers get fined if they don't sell a certain number of drinks. The waitresses can be extremely aggressive and rude. That's why I asked the question for these types of clubs. In other clubs where alcohol accounts for much of the clubs income it's a different ballgame. I sure wouldn't mind getting a dancer drunk for obvious reasons. But to buy a 4 oz. cup of ice with some juice splashed on it for $10 is hard to take.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    hell there are some columbus clubs that charge $10 for a dancer shot. Talk about rip off. I am sure they also water it down to slow the dancer from getting drunk.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Having known a number of club employees, there are all kinds of ways they make money on the dancer drinks, As samsung1 said above, watering them down is a major way. Also, some dancers have their own bottles. Say a Crown bottle with just colored water in it, or whatever they choose. I've often asked a dancer after she ordered the drink, something along the lines of, "I've never tried that before. Mind if I try it." Never had one refuse, but I've had them watered down. My ATF was easy. She just wanted a water, but paying $3 for it was a bit painful.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I agree on just telling the dancer that you'd rather just give her the money instead. I've never had a problem buying a dancer a drink if I was interested in spending some time with her. Recently, one dancer was talking to me at a Quebec strip club and she spilled her drink. I offered to buy her another one (as I was getting one myself), and she seemed quite surprised...then the bartender added something to her drink that she didn't like (Red Bull). Too bad sweetheart...at least it was free...
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I buy plenty of drinks for dancers, but only after they've sat with me for a while. When a dancer immmediately asks for a drink as soon as she sits, she's not getting a drink. But I don't buy shots from the shot girl, no matter how hot she is. Well, except at Bare Assets. The shot girl there is just about the prettiest woman I've ever seen. She's 4'9' with a SMOKING body. Big fake boobs. Italian with long black hair which hangs down to her round little butt. The drunker she gets, the wilder she gets. I bought her 4 watered down Lemon Drops for $20, and by the end she was letting me drink mine out of her cleavage. Wish she'd start dancing!
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    The shot girl is my long standing pet peeve. They are agressive, annoying and desparate. I recall seeing a supply catalog that bragged that they provided shot mixtures in large bottles or vats that averaged $0.89 each. So getting customers to buy them at $5 each is a real rip. We all know the drill--one for the dancer, one for the customer and one for the shot girl. So the shot girl starts hitting you for $15 as soon as you sit down. My new approach will be to not buy a shot and give $10 to the dancer and let her decide how to spend it.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    Worse than the shot girl(who is usually one of the hottest girls in the club), I hate the flower/teddy bear/useless crap saleswoman. No, lady, I don't want to buy a poorly made teddy bear for $10. Nor do I want to purchase a flower for $8. The mother of the ex-manager of Calendar Girls frequented a couple of clubs, and she sold that crap. Who buys it? I can't see buying a teddy bear for a stripper, unless that's some kind of code for free anal. The Domino's delivery guy regularly walks through Brass Flamingo with $5 medium pizzas. It's alway the same guy, so I'll bet he pulled some strings to get that route. LOL!
  • Digitech
    15 years ago
    It's so annoying. At some clubs in my area, there is no alcohol served and soft drinks are free. However, they still do the buying-girls-drinks BS and they are $6 each.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I remember reading about at Danny's Gold Fox in Col, OH that dancer drinks range from $10 to $500. I bought a $10 dancer drink and got a back massage. She wanted me to also buy lap dances for the price of $40 each. Fucking please. I went to the club a few times and thought it was one of the worst strip clubs I have ever been to. This club is now out of business.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I can't see buying a teddy bear for a stripper, unless that's some kind of code for free anal." LOL! "The Domino's delivery guy regularly walks through Brass Flamingo with $5 medium pizzas. It's alway the same guy, so I'll bet he pulled some strings to get that route." I always got a kick out the Italian food delivery guy at one of my old favorite strip clubs in northern NY state. He always had this look of dismay as he was being paid by a combination of the female door gal & some random assortment of scantily-clad or near naked strippers...lol... He didn't even look old enough to be in the club in the first place! The cab drivers that used to come to pick people up at the same club had the exact same reaction. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion