tuscl

strippers and the military

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
It is my experience that many foreign born strippers got here by marrying GI's. The guys got their 1st pieces of ass and fell in love (lust). The marriages did not last, they had no skills, language problems, etc. So they turned to stripping.

I have one current fav that was in the army for 6 years. She started stripping when she was stationed at FT Lewis in WA. To make ends meet. She is married to an older, retired guy and still strips because he cannot support her.

I know another that that is married to an army guy stationed at FT Jackson SC. Last I heard, they were getting divorced.

These girls made some really bad choices in men. Service pay is not that great. It is better than when I did my 4 years in the USAF, 40+ years ago.

I discussed this with my special friend (ex stripper). I said that strippers really make bad decisions on who they marry. She is divorced now and agreed with me.

10 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have heard that Dayton, OH used to have a larger military presence and a lot of the military wives would dance. Some of the best strip clubs in Ohio were in Dayton, but now it is not so true anymore. As military presence declined, the strip club quality declined (I don't know if it is true but it is my guess).
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I can't definitively say, but it seemed reasonable to me during my trip to El Paso a couple months ago that the girls who weren't Mexican were either former Army at Fort Bliss or they were (ex-)spouses of Army at Fort Bliss.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    samsung1,

As one that spent a lot of time in the Dayton area and time with a lot of dancers, It was not at all uncommon to hear them say there husband/boyfriend was military.

Another spot good for that was Key West, but I would imagine that is the case near any major military base.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    There is a club on I-44 near a military installation and I spent one glorious afternoon there many moons ago. I enjoyed extensive two-way contact (no extras) with four dancers. All were cute. All were from someplace other than the southern Missouri Ozarks. All were, or had been, married to military guys. All were crazy. Poor partner choices are not restricted to the girls.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

Seems like the strippers that I've come in contact with go absolutely crazy over U.S. military men.

Yep, I'd say the number one poor choice strippers make is not caring enough about $$$. If a man ain't making $$$, then don't fall in love with him!
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    My 2 cents worth, based on Army experience:

What Shadowcat alludes to happens mainly with the lower enlisted ranks.

Army officers are one of the most uptight bunch of people you will ever meet (I used to be one). The only exception is aviators (go figure). A young, good looking, single lieutenant might get away with having a fling with a stripper, but he will never marry her (if he wants a military career) due to the social stigma.

The enlisted guys, on the other hand, pretty much come from the same socio-economic background as your typical stripper. They probably remind her of the guys she dated in high school and vice versa so they get along great.

One of my favorite waitresses spotted my retired military ID in my wallet once, and shared that she was a moonlighting soldier. She told me one of the other waitresses was in her same unit. Can’t recall any who were dancers, but I have met a lot of dancers who were Army “brats” (daughters of career military).
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Steve, I agree with you. It mainly happens with young enlisted men. I have only personally known 1 officer.(a Cousin) He was a navigator on B-52's. I have known a couple of non commissioned officers that flew copters in Viet Nam. TUSCL_Brother was a non com when he retired as a special investigator for the army. None of them were stupid.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Guys that make it to the senior NCO ranks are pretty savy. When I was a brand new 2LT my first NCO taught me more in one week than I had learned in 8 weeks at the Officer basic course. The smartest, most talented guys may be the Warrants. They could be officers, but don't want the BS - just want to do their damn jobs.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    My Dad's first tour, as the pilot of a Huey that got shot at every day, was done as a Warrant Officer. Then he went to OCS, as he wanted a bit more power to make decisions. Second tour flying Hueys he was a commissioned officer. He many times wished he had stayed a Warrant.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    steve, I should have said that the copter pilots and TUSCL_Brother were warrants. The USAF was doing away with them back in 64-65. The remaining ones had grand father rights. I had 2 years of college at the time. The Af offered to sent me back to college, at the colleges of my choice, pay all of my tuition plus staff seagents pay while I was doing so but then I would have to commit to 6 years of service. I passed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion