tuscl

Stripper engaged to 3 PLs at the same time and convicted for murder

I read an interesting article on Mechele Linehan, a stripper who lived in Alaska and was engaged to three PLs the the same time. One of the PLs gets murdered and she goes to jail for it despite a lack of evidence. The other 2 PLs (who probably committed the murder) I believe did not get charged. After the Alaska murder she moved to Washington, earned a college degree, worked at a laser clinic, and married a Medical student. He became a doctor and she lived a comfortable suburban housewife lifestyle until the authorities caught up with her and charged her for the murder. Her husband(the doctor) and daughter make several trips a year to Alaska to visit their mother in prison. They are appealing her murder conviction but this article was written Sept. 2008 so I was wondering if anyone has followed this trial and knows how it is going?

I found it to be an interesting read and lesson learned is that no matter how close you are to a stripper you never know who else she is seeing or what else she is doing...

The story appeared last Sept. 2008,so this is like a 1 year anniversary of it and I am curious to learn how the appeal goes for her.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/0…

9 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    *correction of the the PLs did get convicted with her. They were charged that they were trying to murder the other PL for his $1 million life insurance policy.
  • how
    15 years ago
    That's a major "correction," samsung1, as it changes the entire implication of the original post.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    my bad, when I was reading the articles on it I was less concerned about the murder trial and more interested in reading about the PL engagements and gifts to the same stripper.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    I saw that story on dateline or some show like that. She guilty. I also think none of those guys would have gone bat-shit nutty without her black widow like manipulations.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Her Momma has set up a website: http://freemechele.blogspot.com/

In a bizarre and sad way, it is fascinating.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    I wonder how the stripper/criminal vs stripper/law abiding ratios work out. Hmmm. I think I know the answer even without data.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Someone should set up a counter-site: http://shivmechele.blogspot.com/
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    The statement posted by her husband that strip club regulars are the ones with the problem will tend to lose support here. The judge in the case sounds like pure evil, sentencing someone to 99 years when they weren't even present where the murder took place. However I don't know if they have evidence that she hired these guys to do the crime and she was going to get paid off somehow afterwards. If they don't have clear evidence, the trial was apparently done in Hicksville Alaska where apparently any judge could impose whatever sentence he chose. It might be that the judge was biased against anyone who has worked as a stripper and passed an improper moral judgement based on his own religious views rather than the evidence. The power goes to some people's heads.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I think it was the emails that were the most damning piece of evidence. She was talking a little too much about how much she was excited to be getting a life insurance policy on her PL to the other PL. She was also telling the PL about an island you can go to after you commit a murder and they will not turn you over to the US if you make a $10 million bribe. Most of these emails were originally deleted but the authorities were able to recover them.
    I think there is no doubt that she is guilty, but it is just sad to have to see her daughter go through this. Too bad they did not convict her before having her daughter.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion