tuscl

From a recent review by "ClubStillSucks"

Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:11 PM
"Many stripclubs have shown to be in STRESS and/or in THE RED and many others have closed forever and many others are hanging on a thread barely making ends meet."

I'm not surprised. That's true of many businesses other than strip clubs. The Arena Football League suspended an entire season before announcing plans to fold. The WNBA could soon be gone as well. And although Jerry Jones spent $1 billion to build the new Cowboys' stadium, he doesn't want to spend another $25 million to raise the scoreboard. I'm sure there are many other such examples.

Strip clubs depend on guys having discretionary income they'd like to part with. In tougher times, certain things like paying the mortgage and making sure one has health insurance take a priority, with little left over for clubbing.

So are we supposed to feel sorry for the stress strip clubs are under? How much formal education and/or training hours have said employees accrued and/or invested in furthering their vocation/career? With the plethora of "wanna dance?" liners about I think the professional development time/investment to be extremely limited. At least McDonald's has "Hamburger U." I am unaware of something comparable for strippers unless community colleges have really broadened their "life-long learner" curricula...

Besides, prices for dances, etc. can always fall as a way of increasing demand. And it's not like entrepreneurs have ceased to exist; new clubs can always be created. Perhaps even one in the former Bear Stearns' headquarters, complete with a 5 story stripper pole with a base surrounded by shredded CDO documents? Club security can have Bear blazers with the sleeves ripped off for a post-apocalyptic effect...

There are, and will be, many opportunities for the sun to come out tomorrow. But then again, if you're angling for a federal bailout, I can understand your need to highlight angst and stress. I'd just be disappointed you failed to come up with anything different than to be a copycat of the questionable behavior of others.

3 comments

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I already told founder about this "review"...it sounds like spam to me.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Thank you.
  • clubstillsucks
    15 years ago
    No not Spam.
    Good example is a club in Pico Rivera CA 90660 as of Sept 02, 09 Now closed
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion