tuscl

Teen Lottery Winner Says She's Broke

Callie Rogers was just 16 when she won a whopping $3 million in the lottery. Six years later, she reports that she blew untold sums on drugs, partying, exotic cars, and breast implants.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92967?fp=1

This made me think of Gatorfan's "how much strippers make" thread. This girl spent money like a stripper on steroids.

11 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Check out this photo, she looks kinda hot.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/…

Even better, she's apparently from some place called "Cockermouth." You can't make this stuff up.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Maybe it wasn't a bad idea for her to get the $1 million gold-leaf infused silicone implants. It's not like they can repossess tits, can they?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    "In this July 1, 2003 file photo, Callie Rogers from Cockermouth in Cumbria is seen after she won £1.9 million in the U.K.'s National Lottery. Callie Rogers, now 22, told the News of the World that she has just £20,000 left of the jackpot she won six years ago. Most of the £250,000 she had wasted on cocaine - 'a nasty evil drug' - had been for an ex who was addicted to it, she said."

She sounds like a PL. Wasted £250k on cocaine for an ex hoping he would change...
  • curiousgeorgefun
    15 years ago
    Any pictures of her with the implants? bet there will be soon.... not at total waste
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Check out this photo, she looks kinda hot."

I think that's her at 16 years-old.

"Any pictures of her with the implants?"

Look here (there's even a video of her whining):
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/477…
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    and here too:
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/465…

along with a list of where she spent her money.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If she had won it in the US that 1.9 million would have likely been reduced to 0.95 million due to taxes almost immediately. I'm not sure of the exact tax rate but I imagine it would be the highest. Now if she lived off the interest of say 1 million dollars and it generated 3% a year, she would only be getting $30,000 a year and that would mean less and less per year if you factored in inflation. Obviously she didn't win enough money to continue living off in my opinion (without any money management or trading skills). Even Michael Jackson had money problems so I guess it doesn't matter how much money you make or have, if you don't manage it well, you'll go broke.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    "Now broke and alone, she is driving a £2,000 second-hand VW Golf and has put her home in High Harrington, Cumbria, up for sale at a cut-price £180,000.

If it isn't sold soon, Callie - who was spotted with a binbag outside her mum's house last week - faces being made bankrupt because she cannot pay a £3,000 solicitors' bill."

What an idiot...now if someone is interested in buying her house they can use this as a bargaining chip.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If I told someone that I won 1.9 million but was planning on continuing to work, they would likely think I was crazy. However based on the information I posted above, it would be in my best interest to continue working until my savings grew enough to support me without worrying about inflation eroding my yearly income. Of course that also depends how close you already are to retirement age. If you move to some place cheaper out of the US, I believe you could easily retire with only 1 million even at a young age.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I've heard about many people winning big lottery winnings and then being broke within a few years. They obviously didn't have any money management skills or thought they didn't need to work anymore and save.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    100% chance she becomes a stripper once she is the legal age.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion