tuscl

Dancers who are only 16 years old. Should they be working as strippers?

Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:24 PM
I caught the last part of a news story on TV about strippers I believe in Rhode Island having restrictions against drinking and not be able to work after 11:30 PM. You have to be 18 to enter a club I heard. In my opinion if they are not at least 18 years old, I don't think they should be working as a stripper. The story was probably spawned by a young dancer seeking more rights to work later but I wouldn't be surprised if that backfired if that is the case. What's your opinion?

16 comments

• gk
    15 years ago
    Besides being illegal, who wants them that young? (Well, there is a subculture that does, but they are abnormal.) Anyway, give me a dancer with experience and confidence anyday over a teen. That's what it takes to be effective. The young teens just can't deliver on that. To each his own, I guess. But not for me.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    A rhetorical question. Obviously not.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Child birth is traumatic to the body. Young teens quickly bounce back from the most traumatic of injuries. For these reasons, for thousands of years, men married girls as young as twelve. If you talk to your mothers or grandmothers, you will find that as late as the early 1960's, it was very common for 16 year olds to marry. It has only been only since then that we have tried to reinvent thousands of years of human nature. The age of consent is clearly arbitrary. There are a handful of 14 year olds out there emotionally and physically ready for adult sexual relationships. By that same token, there are more than a handful of 31 year olds out there who are not emotionally equipped to deal with an adult sexual relationship. In 1987, Texas raised the age of strippers from 15 to 16, and in 1989, raised it from 16 to 18. The only problems incurred in this kind of thing was when the 16-17 year old was forced to work in a sexual environment. The latest surveys find that most teens lose their virginity by age 16. To pretend that most 16 year olds are chaste virgins is uninformed, imaginative, and naive. In 1989, in my senior year of college, my human sexuality class did a very in depth sex survey (they do this annually). In my class, the average age of males was 20, the females 19. Number of lifetime sex partners for males was 8.5, for females, it was 18.7 One would think that males would brag of their exploits, but it was clear that the girls were way ahead of the guys. So much for the academic stuff. Most of us know that most 18 year olds are terrible at lapdances, they don't begin to understand sensuality. They're in a big hurry and hop around quite a bit. In my life, I've slept with four 18 year olds. Three of them were flat out terrible in the sack. The exception was a California girl who was especially gifted. Sexually, a woman is at her best, late in her 24th year. She still has the firmness of youth, but also the experience of years of lovemaking. I've also found that 24-25 year olds are the best at lapdances. So, should a 16 year old be allowed to dance? 1) If the law allows it 2) If she really wants to (not being coerced by family or boyfriend) 3) Under 18 year olds should be exempt from penalties, like leaving early, or mandatory tip out levels (theirs should be lower than adults to reduce the pressure to resort to extras to make tip out). Just my two cents Also, don't quote me out of context, I'm quoting fact here.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Actually, it's not illegal in Rhode Island according to the story. I'm fine with the requirement being 18, although I wish more clubs had more 18 or 19 year olds. They're often my favorites. If 16 or 17 year olds were allowed to strip, I have to expect I would like some of them, too. I doubt if I would recoil in horror.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "I doubt if I would recoil in horror." Seems like you are one brave and tough hombre. :)
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Dang, I just got a good scare from that fat woman next to my post. I'd forgot all about her.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    IMO, 16 should be the legal age for everything.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I think 16 is too young for stripping. It is difficult enough finding 21 yo dancers that can carry on a conversation let alone a 16 yo. Besides, I get the impression from most members that they feel most dancers are messed up druggies and/or not in control of their life. Why would we want to allow 16 year olds to enter this world before they mature?
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Age for anything, is at best, a poor standard. There may be some that could be responsible enough to drink at 16, yet some never are, no matter their age. The same likely pertains to stripping. There may be females at age 16 that are mature enough to handle the work. Although, most that are doing it now no matter their age, are not mature enough. Many times physical attributes are a better standard. The problem arises when age enters the picture, rather than maturity and responsibility.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I'm not even sure what the legal age for strippers is in South Carolina or how it varies from state to state. The last thing I want to worry about in a strip club though is a horny underage dancer. I often prefer older dancers but if a young dancer seems to like me, I might let her dance for me. If she looks college age, I call that young looking.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I personally would like it if strip clubs required high school diplomas for strippers...the conversations might be more enjoyable than "wanna dance?"
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    I concur with Dudester--except that I've found that 23-year old girls are the best sexually. They're old enough to enjoy it fully and not be afraid of it.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    samsung1, A good idea, but with today's "education" system, they may have college degrees, and still be at the "wanna dance?" level.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    Certainly not, particularly in any club that serves alcohol.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    There was a new dancer in one of my favorite clubs. At first she was intriguing. But after observing her I noticed that she didn't give good dances, was a whiner, couldn't hold her liquor and simply could not hold her own in any kind of conversation. I found out she was 19 years old. Thaqt explained it for me. I don't want any part of her now (pun intended). At a visit to my second favorite club once this past winter I noticed a shapely new dancer. Curvy, perky tits, cute smile, very flirtatious. She was fun to party with at the bar/table and could hold a conversation because she seemed (and later confirmed) was well read and well-traveled. I bought some dances from her--they were OK in terms of basic contact, ie,no airdance, nice grinding, basic hands-on, some teasing stick shifting but not to extreme. But for me it was still just too conservative. Found out she was only 19. That explains some of the reserved deportment I suspect. Now I'm still intruigued with her but I am trying to enforce my personal 21 and over rule. This was off the 16 age topic, but I wanted to share my personal teenmager experience. I normally preefer late 20s to 30 somethings, not teenagers.
  • curiousgeorgefun
    15 years ago
    Just think though.... if they are aloud to strip at 16... by the time they get to 20, they have 3-4 years of experience and actually have skills and a perky body. Age of consent for sex in CO & Tn is 14yrs-old. but seriously... I do believe that a girl should be old enough to vote/adult to be able to do things as an adult including strip
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion