tuscl

VIP Memberships to clubs

Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:32 PM
Just wondering if any of you have "memberships" to clubs. I am thinking about a VIP membership but think it sounds too good to be true/scam. It costs $525 per year, but it includes a free bottle of bubbly on your birthday, 1 couch dance per visit, 1 VIP room dance per visit (basically the same thing as a couch dance but in a dance booth), free cover charge for you and guests, charter members only parties, etc. I was wondering how the "free" lap dances work? Do the dancers still get paid for them from the club or are they forced to do this voluntary work and hope for tips? Just getting 27 free couch dances ($20 value) would pay for the membership itself.

19 comments

15 years ago
    Why not mention the club's name? Maybe there are some on here who have the membership and can report their experience. If the free dances are voluntary for the girls, you'll find out very quickly. Their attitude will tell the story. I would think more likely the club gives you a ticket or card or something upon arrival, you give it to the girl, and she gets reimbursed by management but I'm just speculating. I have a lower level membership to Delilah's in Philly. $300 for year one, then $50 renewal. It's a very good deal. With this economy as an incentive they gave me 15 months on the initial membership. Free admission for me and a guest (can be as high as $20 on weekend "fight nights". Quarterly members only parties, open bar and food for a couple hours. Admission to an exclusive lounge area, not much happening there but allows to escape the crowds on ocassion. The main incentive is free admission to the champagne room prior to 7 pm. The admission normally requires a minimum $160 bottle of wine or champagne. Still have to buy a round of drinks and tip the waitress but much, much cheaper obviously. so long winded answer but yes have a membership to a club and am happy about it so far.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    the club's name is Xcalibur in Columbus, OH here is the website [view link]
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    also one thing I am skeptical about is it advertises "free parking" for VIP members but the parking is already free!
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Paying that much in advance to a strip club is probably a bad idea, regardless of the savings, because you never know whether they'll be there tomorrow. Clubs are too subject to being shut down suddenly by LE, or whatever, leaving you holding the SC equivalent of a Circuit City gift certificate. In effect, you're issuing credit to a shaky enterprise. Just as the advice with regard to credit cards goes, it's best deal only in cash.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    I agree with Chandler. I'd only consider it if the club has a rock-solid reputation (in terms of management and staying power) and has been established for several years... and that I live in the area and am going to be frequenting the club enough that I recoup my money!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have a lifetime membership card to the Platinum Plus clubs. It allows me and one guest to free admission any time. I am so well known at my favorite club that I don't even have to show my card.I have also gotten free admission to a competing club by showing it.Regular cost is $250 a year. $500 for a life time. I got mine free from TUSCL-Brother.The card was issued by the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus but is still good at any of their clubs.Nice perk.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I've been given a "VIP card" to more than one club which I have frequented. I currently hold one from a major club in New Orleans. They recognize me, know I'm not a "trouble" customer (even when I did get kicked out, I apologized, I departed without resistance, etc.), and know I spend spend spend on booze and lappers. They want me there. It's actually quite funny, how the economics works out. The latest VIP card entitles me to bring in 2 friends for free, but I never do that. It gives me free entry for myself at any time. Usually their entry would be $4, and then I'd get a beer for $2 with the entry ticket. Instead, the entry is $0 and I get a mixed drink for $6. Since I tip the door guy $2 or $1 and the bartender $2 for every drink, it turns out that the cost with card could be $10, and the cost without card could be $8. So, having the card ... costs me money? :). The card has their phone number on it. I find that helpful -- and I think they can tell that I'm a "good" customer when I call, because they do actually tell me the truth about who is working, how many girls, whether or not my favorites seem to be or are due in. As long as you say, "Oh yeah, I know, these girls aren't all that predictable," then they'll level with you about who is in the house. So, yeah, I currently have a VIP card (and I've had others in the past). This current one didn't cost me anything to get it, and I really really appreciate that the club noticed me and gave it to me without any prompting. But it's not as special as you might think. It doesn't get me into any of the back rooms or anything. This club doesn't have charges for back rooms ... yet ...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Discount card for the VIP: $50 Club changed owners: $0 Discount card: Worthless
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "also one thing I am skeptical about is it advertises 'free parking' for VIP members but the parking is already free!" Then I think you know the answer to your question samsung1...it looks like a ripoff to me personally.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    My guess is that the only part of the membership you will actually get to use is the get in free part. So do the math how often do you go there and how much does it cost to get in? Is it worth it? I suspect not and as others have already said at many clubs once you establish yourself as a regular they will let you in for free anyway.
  • CowboyesFan
    15 years ago
    VIP memberships are kinda like airline miles, you are basically locked into going to the same place all the time. I find that the quality of a club can change in a week. So in addition to hoping the place stays open for the length of your membership, you have to hope it also remains a quality establishment as well.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I agree that the cost is not worth the benefit unless you are going there every day. during the mini convention, I took TUSCL_Brother in 3 times. It is nice to be recognized. Megan (door girl) is a sweet heart. I am supposed to sign in(not always). I have noticed several other names on the clip board. If she is busy she just waves me through. But I always tip her. On the last day of the convention, Bro and I and gridget entered together. There is an unwritten rule that dancers do NOT be seen with customers coming in or leaving but she doesn't give a shit. Fuck! I love her.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Several years ago, there was this one club fairly close to me, in Lincoln, NE, where I could have bought a VIP membership, only I passed and then the shit hit the fan as the club got raided and it eventually closed, with the owner eventually going to prison. That is money I'm glad I didn't spend.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The club is ranked #67 on the top 100. That is the highest ranked club for Columbus, OH, and the second highest ranked club for Ohio. Also I do not care about the free admission as that is free most of the time because no one is around to collect the cover charge. Also their website has a "free admission with this ad" coupon that I carry just in case they do try to collect cover. The only reason I would want this membership is for the free lap dance on each visit. Just getting one lap dance every week would pay for the membership itself and make me have a good week.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    samsung1, All the above said, you want it, buy it. What does it really matter what others think?
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Yeah, there's only a 50/50 chance you'll regret it (although the odds of it are a completely different matter, of course).
    15 years ago
    Agree with others you want to do your due diligence and go with a club with a good track record. As an example a nearby club that was selling memberships only lasted about a year. There was a lot of opposition from neighborhood groups and the township was trying to close them down. But what eventually was the downfall was their landlord went bankrupt and the building was foreclosed. The club i mentioned, Delilah's, has been in business for 16 years. Good (not great) time to be had these days but 8-10 years ago it was zero mileage. The primary owner passed away about 6 months ago, the husband has kind of come out of retirement to take over operation. He's up there in age, actually lives in Florida, so one can imagine him possibly selling out before too long. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to upgrade to the pricier "gold" membership, who knows what the club would be like with new owners.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I'd add, that aside from the (wise) advice about doing the math and making sure there's a financial benefit, you should also remember that there might be a soft-factor benefit. Maybe girls who see you entering with a VIP card will be less worried that you're a cop; or maybe new girls will be more quickly comfortable with you, if you can prove that you've been there before; etc. It's "proof" that you're a regular monger, and that could be useless. Depends utterly on the subjective circumstances of each particular club ...
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    LOL chandler...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion