tuscl

Can a good personality or stage presence overcome bad looks?

DandyDan
North Iowa
I went to my favorite club tonight and it was marked by the return of one of my old favorites from 4 years ago. That's a story unto itself, but anyway, she let herself go physically. She was heavy before, but now she is downright fat. And she is also in need of a good dentist as well, which is a story she told me about. Nevertheless, she got ALL the guys, and maybe a few of the ladies, to tip her on stage, probably because she puts on a high energy show, she has a sunny disposition and she seems unconcerned, at least publicly, about her weight. Of course, I ended up getting a dance from her, and I wasn't the only one. Just how much do personality and stuff that doesn't have to do with looks matter? It can't be everything, can it?

22 comments

• chandler
    15 years ago
    No. Good looks are mandatory. Fuglies with personality belong in the circus, not on a strip club stage.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Looks are everything. Even somewhat attractive fat strippers with fantastic personalities are a dime a dozen.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Up to a point.... Yes. Defining that point is like saying how warm it must get before one takes jacket off. Just like driver skill can overcome horsepower disadvantage, so it goes in club environment. Yet, can anyone picture Mario Andretti driving a stock Aveo beating an average Porsche owner on a road course??
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I have enjoyed a few "cute uglies", they have decent bodies but exude a sexiness and aura I find appealing sometimes. I have had pretty fantastic experiences with a lot of them. Regardless of looks, it comes down to how well they perform and enjoy their work.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Overcome is a pretty strong term. Offset, yes. Overcome, that is tough to do in a beauty driven business.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    If a dancer does not look good, she does not get an interview. If she does not pass the interview due to lousy personality, she does not get a dance from me. A free BJ from Rosie O'donnell does not interest me.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    Agree with Minnow. Sparkling personality won't turn a 3 into an 8, but it'll move a 7 to an 8, an 8 to a 9, etc. Conversely, I will really mark down for a lousy personality. A 9 who's a bitch quickly moves down to a 7 for me.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    Looks are the main criteria in a strip club for most customers. Since an overweight and/or unattractive dancer will not get me excited, NO amount of personality will overcome bad looks. Sorry, but that is why we go to clubs in the first place. Most of us have plenty of average or below average looking female friends outside the club. And most, if not all, of them have excellent personalities. For me and most others in the 50+ age range we are spending our hard earned dollars to see and get dancers from hot, younger women. If they have a great personality to go along with the looks, they will have a very profitable night and I will leave happy.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Snowtime,

You stated, "Most of us have plenty of average or below average looking female friends outside the club. And most, if not all, of them have excellent personalities." This may be true, but do you see them dancing nude and yourself buying dances from them?
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    I'm solely interested in the quality & price of the dance. Just the other night I turned down an authentic 10 - looks and natural body - because I've had her before and the dances are too tame for her prices. This question probably could change regionally based on what your clubs are set up like. At PP, you do the dollar tip at the stage and get a pretty solid idea of what the dance will be like on the couch. If I get a good stage dance, I get a lap dance - don't care if she's a 10 or a 5.

I will say that for the satellite tips, I normally look at how their show is on the main stage and if I liked the way they danced I would tip the girls on satellite. However, I have probably tipped a few that didn't dance that well just because they had good looks. Just wouldn't go to the couch with them.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Wow! I've never seen anybody put it that baldly, Uscue. Some guys (not I) say they settle for less attractive strippers than they would ideally prefer, finding they get better mileage. But for you, looks don't make ANY difference? Sounds like personality doesn't, either. I guess that helps explain how so many fuglies keep showing up in clubs. Party on.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I am with uscue13. If you are not interested in lapdances and high mileage, then the looks may be the main/sole criterion, but I have had experience in real life and in strip clubs with 10s and we usually don't click on an intimate basis. It may be that I am not physically attractive or clever enough myself to attract the interest of a 10, but it seems like they just don't do it for me. There are intangible tradeoffs here. If a girl is really heavy, I don't want her sitting on my lap, period. So, no lap dances. I don't worry much about whether her face is pretty or not. If she is petite, and slutty, and has a good sense of humor I can put up with a lot of other deficiencies.

But when it comes to fat women, I agree -- the fatties really don't have any business taking off their clothes for money. PERIOD. When they show up on stage I avert my vision.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    I'm allergic to overweight dancers, so the greatest personality in the world isn't likely to affect the cold, clammy feel of flab during a lap dance for me.

In the darkness (we hope) of the VIP, a BBBJ from a 5 generally feels about the same as one from a 9...except for the price perhaps. Average personality usually does just fine.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    Clubber: I may not have made my point clearly. I was not referring to a desire to see my casual female friends nude. Rather my point was I go to stripclubs to see nude,attractive,younger women that I would have no chance of being with in the real world. If their personalities suck I can probably tolerate that for a short visit. If their personalities are good I will have a great time and stay a lot longer.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    snowtime,

That makes sense to me, and I agree, to a point. Sort of like what mmdv26 said. Being in the dark getting a good blow job is "just fine", even if the woman is a 5, has a bad personality, or both.
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    chandler,

personality makes all the difference. some of the attitudes you don't figure out until in the dance, some you get up front. the one's I find out up front that have an attitude I don't like, i'm done with them. but if a 5 has a good attitude and gives great dances, i'll get dances.

Now, all things being equal and a 5 and 10 both have great personalities and give great dances, sure I'll go for the 10. luckily at PP there are a lot of 8-10's that give great dances. But I've gotten my fair share of dances from the lower end of the spectrum because..they were great dances. Not looking for a girlfriend, eye candy or congrats from the other guys in the club
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    IMO, a really great personality will take a girl up about 2 notches. I really bad one can take her down 4 or 5 notches. I will not put up with a bitchy attitude or the "bored, robotic, let's-get-this-over-with" attitudes for more than 1 dance. I also hate the drink hustle... but I digress.

To answer your question... yes, I think so, but not so much. I've got to be physically attracted already in order for personality/stage-work to boost a girl's "rating." Curvy is cool, but flabby is not.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Agree with how laxplayer put it.

A fun, flirty 7 beats a bitchy 9 in my book too.

As someone put it in another thread, "if I wanted bitchy, I could stay home and get it for free."
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    But the question was about overcoming BAD looks, not whether personality is a factor. I expect both good looks and a good personality, or at least a good attitude. "Personality" is probably too broad a term for the limited range of traits that come into play in a strip club encounter.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    How's that old saying go? "Beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone."

I'm sorry, if the girl is ugly/fat, I don't care how fun and flirty she is or how well she can dance on stage. I am just not going to be interested in getting LD's from her or seeing her naked. So no, IMO nothing can overcome "BAD" looks on a girl in a SC.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    We Limeys have a saying "you don't look at a mantlepiece when you are poking a fire". In all honesty though I think bad looks can't be negated. It works equally the other way, a beautiful face and a bad figure do nothing for me.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    I try to be nice to everybody, but make it clear that there are certain types I am interested in. And they must pass the interview test as Shadowcat says. But you can still be nice to your former favorite without dropping big money on her. Dancers notice things like that and have more respect for you when you act that way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion