tuscl

Travelling cross-country and need SC recommendations!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:02 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for some SC recommendations/advice/tips/suggestions. I'm going to be moving cross country next month and will be driving a big ass u-haul full of all my wordly possessions. I will be taking about 4-5 days to go from south FL to SoCal, driving about 8-10 hours a day. Currently, my 3 planned stops during my trip between those two places are Pensacola, Houston, El Paso. I'd like to hit up a good SC in each of those 3 cities. I've done a some research (thank god for this website!), and think I've got it figured out. My plan is to just sleep on the first night in Pensacola. Treasures on the second night in Houston. Foxy's on the 3rd night in El Paso. I like SC's with great mileage, low thug factor, large well-lit parking (only so I can park my behemoth) and preferrably NOT in a shitty part of town where I might get my U-haul and/or all my shit stolen. Parking lot doesn't matter if it was somewhere that was within walking distance of a decent to good hotel (i.e. Motel 6 and better). I'd actually prefer to walk to the club from the hotel. PENSACOLA --There ain't a damn thing that seems worth going to here. FL panhandle is bible-thumper territory and laws and regulations regarding SCs fall on the puritanical side of the scale. I think I'm just going to end up sleeping this night. There isn't a single strip club in nearby Tallahassee, FL, and nothing in Mobile, AL or Baton Rouge, LA looks promising. I'd rather not pull my big ass UHaul into the narrow crowded streets of New Orleans. As of now, I've got nothing planned for here SC-wise, unless someone here has a suggestion? HOUSTON --Treasures! Seems to be the best Houston has to offer according to the reviews here. Also in a decent part of town and within walking distance of a few nice hotels. Sounds like there is some decent mileage here, and some very good looking girls. This is probably where I'll spend the most money on this trip. Anyone have any recommendations or tips about this club? Or, would you suggest a different club? EL PASO --Foxy's. I thought about maybe the Red Parrot, but that place seems really hit or miss. I'd really like to stay right near the I-10, and Foxys is right next to it and seems to share a parking lot with a La Quinta. Perfect! Again... any recommendations or tips about this club? Or would you suggest a different club. Thanks!

10 comments

• txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    In Houston, I would say Treasures is your best choice. They are relatively close to I-10, although it has a lot of traffic congestion around the Galleria. They have a parking lot attendent/security so your truck s/b safe. Hotels are pricey during the week, but discounted on weekends due to the area. I am not familiar enough with the area to know if there is a Motel 6 or such nearby within walking distance. The only ones I know of close are probably going to cost around $100 on a weekend. Check a map, Richmond and Westheimer are heavily congested, since you are in a U-Haul I would suggest accessing the club from Chimney Rock. Enjoy the trip. I am relocating to Phx in the summer and plan on stopping at Foxy's myself in El Paso.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    Thanks TXTF... I see a Doubletree, a Courtyard, and an Embassy Suites all within 1/3rd of a mile to 1/2 a mile from from Treasures, so I'm good for hotels in Houston, if I'm headed to Treasures. I'm not specifically looking for Motel 6's, just saying that is about as low as I will go quality-wise. I've been in the no-tell-motels with the cock-a-roaches before and spent the night with a single bare lightbulb hanging in the middle of the room and the strange stains on the bedspread. Not doing it ever again if I don't absolutely have to.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    There is not much to pick from, from Tampa to Texas. I have friends in Pensacola. A total waste. If you were on I-20, I would recommend Fantasia in Huntsville AL. My buddy, snowtime, raves about the place.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Agreed on the bland interlude from Tampa to Houston. New Orleans is barely worth the trip, in terms of strip-clubbing, though the city does have a lot of other things to offer to a tourist (as you probably know). If I had the time, money, and vehicle to start a cross-country trip based solely on mongering, I think I would spend a lot of time in Houston, Dallas, Tampa, and Miami. I would WANT to get to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and perhaps Vancouver, as well. I would avoid some of the places that are supposedly "famous" for strip clubs but are actually overpriced, and generally low on the service-to-price ratio -- for example, I think that Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City, are all probably rather bad choices for strip club visits. Most important, of course, would be to keep up with TUSCL as you go. How's your internet access from your car?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    BG, I would pick Niagra Falls over Toronto(I have friends there). Scratch Vancouver BC. My buddy, Trogangreg. has been there for 9 months on business. He says that they are over priced and low mileage. Basically suck. I trust him. He is going to try to make the convention at PP in Columbia SC. That is dedication!
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    I have zero internet access from the car. I used to have it on my phone, but my wife decided to kill that part of the service to save on money. I have been wanting to get a laptop for a long time now, but if I bought one, I wouldn't have any play money left over for the trip! I was reading some more reviews of Treasures and it looks like it got busted by vice late last summer? Have they recovered? I know when places get busted here in south FL it takes them a long while to "come back" and even once they do, they are rarely as good as the "glory days" before the raid. Any info on this?
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    lp- When you say "cross-country", I assumed that you were going coast-coast. Were you looking at any cities west of El Paso, or were you planning on going non-stop El Paso- CA (guessing L.A., given your handle)? I have a few ideas for Phoenix, if interested.
  • Electronman
    15 years ago
    Minnow: I'd be interested in your ideas for Phoenix. I'll be there later this summer. The reviews of Phoenix clubs that I've read suggest good eye candy but very low mileage (at least compared to the Detroit area clubs). Any recommendations would be appreciated.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    Minnow--Nah... I'm headed to San Diego, so I'll be hanging a left onto I-8 a bit far south of Phoenix. And yes, I plan to go straight through from El Paso, TX to SD, CA. Though if you have a recommendation for a lunch spot in Tuscon, AZ, I'd love to hear it!
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I work about two weeks a year in each of the following cites along I-10: Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Penscola, Mobile, Biloxi, New Orleans, and Lafayette,La. It looks like your trip misses Jacksonville which is the best of the group. Candy Store in Mobile and Visions in New Orleans may be of some interest based on recent reviews but don't expect a lot until you get to Texas. Too bad you can't start your trip in Columbia and continue out I-20 to Dallas. That route would offer a few more choices. Some of your possible cities (notably Mobile and N.O.) have some motels in less than safe areas so plan your accomodations in advance if possible.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion