tuscl

Confession: Living & (not) learning

FinalLap
Travelin'
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:26 PM
I consider myself a fairly experienced customer. 15+ years of business travel gets you to a lot of clubs. But then I go & do something soooooooo stupid! How many times have I told myself to NEVER go to the Champagne Room without at least a couple of regular couch dances. It's like buying a car you've never driven. Stupid! She was a mid-30's blonde with an instant connection when she sat down at my table. I had just arrived, had no dances, hadn't even gotten a drink yet. We talked for almost a half hour about all kinds of things. Her job. My business. The club scene all over the region. Sports. We could have easily been having dinner together. It felt great. When she suggested VIP, I said "let's try the next special first." She had a laundry list of reasons not to do that, and I was loving spending time with her. So, I gave in. $300 + her tip + bouncer tip & 60 mins later, we've continued to have great conversation--some of it fairly hot--but very little beyond that. It wasn't "air", but it was pretty close. Almost 20 dances worth with other girls. I'm hoping you guys haven't done anything that DUMB lately. But I'm guessing I'm not alone :) .

10 comments

• Don't beat yourself up too bad about it. It seemed like you two had a connection. Hell, if I were in your situation I would've at least thought about it. Just seems like she was a ROB. Was she nice to you afterward and she thought she was giving you exactly what you expected, or did she blow you off after she got your money?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    well $300 for 1 hour in the champagne room is not too bad of a deal. My favorite club charges $400 for 1 hour.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Samsung, he didn't say he spent $300 for 1 hour. he said he spent $300 PLUS her tip plus bouncer trip. Common sense: it cost at least $500. And maybe more. But probably the big cost was not the actual $$$$ but the let-down from the euphoria of a great conversation to a mundane hour of fake-intimacy. The psychological cost was considerable, because the dancer had - deliberately or unconsciously - built up unrealistic expectations in the brain (groin?) of Mr. FinalLap. I appreciate him taking the trouble to write up his experience because it reinforces the idea that strip clubs are inherently deceitful and expensive - unless you keep your guard up. SO EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR GUARD UP AT ALL TIMES.
    15 years ago
    Don't get it. As I've gotten older I've become a lot more assertive than I used to be. I would have given her 5 minutes max of yapping and then said something like "enough talking...get to work." Don't care how hot or interesting a girl is. The most compensation for conversation she'll get from me is buying her a drink, certainly not $300+.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    ok, I'm sorry for coming off trite, I appreciate your comment because this has happened to me but I have wasted even more than you have. I even paid $100 to a girl I was chatting with online to do web cam with me and it turned out she had no audio and the video stream was awful. Talk about wasting money. After the 15 minute web cam session was over she stops talking to me. I felt like a human ATM for her. Just curious, what were some of the reasons she insisted on VIP instead of regular dance?
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    I have never gone for the Champagne room hustle. Where I live they have VIP rooms, Champagne rooms, and all kind of fancy named rooms but there is no extra cost they are just the place where the dancer takes you to give a lap dance. When I travel I don't go for it because I'm used to not paying extra for the privilege of using a special room. That being said we have all payed more for services than what we got in return. It's part of the strip club experience. No one escapes it so there is no point in beating yourself up over it. Forget it and move on. At the same time we have all at times gotten more value than we paid for so in the long run it all evens out. Cheer up and think that sometime in the future you are going to have an awesome experience for very little to balance this one out. Isn't karma a wonderful thing?
  • escritic
    15 years ago
    IMHO, once there is money exchange, the relationship is set. You are a client and she is a provider or dancer in this case. You know how to find out the truth. If she is interested in you or has that connection, she would sit with you and wouldn't ask you to buy her drink or ask you for tip or do VIP dance.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Hi escritic We could have an interesting thread on the issue you raised, but I do not know quite how to phrase it. You might think about it. Come up with a meaningful Discussion Topic, and I promise to join in (again) The topic basically, is -- the difference between a girl that "is interested in me" and a girl that is in the club to make money. I question whether 95% of the girls that "appear to be interested in me" really are. More likely, they are just skillful enough in their job that they SEEM interested in me, especially after I have had a couple of beers. Don't get me wrong. I kind of like the crass, phony, hustle, physical-oriented, $$$-oriented nature of strip clubs. It's all a game, isn't it???? Always nice to have an orgasm with an attractive naked (or near-naked) girl on my lap. At that point I really don't give a shit if she is interested in me or not -- she did her job well from my viewpoint.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I believe if you go to strip clubs long enough, eventually you'll end up paying a lot more and receiving a lot less than you expected. Fortunately I escaped the last time this happened to me by only paying twice my normal price for one lap dance. I guess a girl who can have a decent conversation with you is usually successful in getting something out of most guys.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    The last time I did a Champagne/VIP where it was a good club value and not a rip off--and the dancer underperformed, thus letting me donw as characterized above--I let her know she did something wrong and that she needed to clean up her sales pitch or otherwise she was going to lose money in the long run because the place depends on regulars--not out-of-town travelers. I also mentioned that I wouldn't be purchasing any more dances from her either. And all this occurred because I didn't follow the rules either-- that is, go for a test ride lap dance! So FinalLap, I'm sure it happens a lot, even though we know better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion