tuscl

Follow up on Dec. 19 shooting outside Dollie's (ESL)

Monday, March 16, 2009 7:27 PM
From today's Belleville (IL) News-Democrat: No arrests in Washington Park murder; partner mourns gunshot victim BY CAROLYN P. SMITH - News-Democrat Frank Dover, of St. Louis, was shot to death in Washington Park in December. Thus far, no one has been arrested, something that has been painful for his partner of 14 years, Erin Ramshur, to endure. Ramshur said Dover, 35, was a gentle man who would give his shirt off his back to anyone he knew needed it. She wants anyone who may have seen or heard something to come forward and help police find Dover's killer. "I just want the person caught," Ramshur said. "I want justice for Frank. His murder was so senseless, so awful, terrible. He was just out to have a good time. So, so many people are hurting." Washington Park Detective Kim McAfee said no arrests have been made as yet. "But, we have two people of interest in mind," he said. "We have to locate them. Someone saw them in the area at the time of the shooting. We are not calling them suspects. We just want to question them." Ramshur said, "In our 14 years together, I can only remember three times that he got mad at me. He was a happy guy. He still had friends that he made when he was 7 years old." She said he was an intelligent man who worked as a chemist for Sigma-Aldrich. Dover had gone to happy hour with some friends in St. Louis and had left the St. Louis establishment and apparently went to Washington Park alone. He was headed into Dolly's, a strip club in Washington Park, but never made it inside. An unknown gunman shot him in the head. "He was shot on Dec. 19 and died on Christmas Day," Ramshur said. For Ramshur, the days have been filled with tears, grief and loneliness. She said she and Dover did almost everything together. Now, there's a huge void in her life. She said the person who shot Dover didn't take anything from him. And, she doesn't understand how someone could just shoot someone for no reason. A nurse called the home she shared with Dover at 5:30 in the morning on Dec. 19 and told her to hurry to the hospital, Ramshur said. Dover was an only child born to Lupe Morales and Shirley Dover. Ramshur and Dover met in their high school band. She said because of the longevity of their relationship, "I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with him." She had talked to him the night he was killed, earlier in the evening. And though she tried to reach him by cell phone later in the evening, she only got his voice mail. As the hours went from late night to early morning, she began to think something might be wrong, "because he never stayed out all night long," said Ramshur, crying. "I am sorry for the tears, but I am hurting. I miss him. He was a wonderful guy," she said. (Photo of monger and his surviving girlfriend appears at original at [view link])

0 comments

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion