tuscl

Safety of Adelitas

Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:30 PM
My friend and I were considering venturing to Adelitas soon. We were just wondering how dangerous it is, considering people keep talking about the senseless violence that occurs in Tijuana. How about if I go alone? Thanks.

11 comments

• wallanon
    15 years ago
    [view link] Safety is a tricky thing to gauge. If you've never been and have the option, take a friend. Whether or not you go alone, it wouldn't hurt to try things out during the day on your first trip across the border.
  • hornyfucker
    15 years ago
    Thanks for your answer, now I have a better idea of what to do. The locals there do not mess around with all of the newcomers do they?
  • chitownlawyer
    15 years ago
    Tijuana is an insanely dangerous place. Stay away if you value your life!!! (See recent Dep't of State Travel Advisory).
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    chitown: You seemed to have changed your view on TJ and Adelitas.
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    The State Department just issued a warning about traveling to Mexico designed to discourage college kids from heading down there for spring break. Beyond that, border towns are dangerous. They just are. Especially at night. There's no getting around it. Watch your ass.
  • watcher50
    15 years ago
    Check out ISG, and consider going with an experienced buddy. If you know where to go and where to stay away from you can have a very good time. I felt more uncomfortable in US cities,
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    There's always Detroit.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I went to Mexico in 2001, but to Nuevo Laredo. Even back then it was a bit disconcerting being there. Not that I ever really felt threatened, but just a bit uncomfortable. I think if I was able to speak spanish, I would have been more comfortable. I was very happy to get back across the bridge!
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    Frankly, if it was me I'd just stay away from Mexico for the next couple of years. Things have gotten to the point that practically no where in the country is safe if someone wants to do harm to you. Add on to that the police in Tijuana can be bought fo under $20 and it's just not a safe place. I wanted to get out there again, but I'll wait till things cool down a bit, which may be never.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    "...no where in the country is safe if someone wants to do harm to you." That pretty much sums up any country in the world. What should be discussed is the LIKELIHOOD of something happening.
  • hornyfucker
    15 years ago
    Yeah, I will definitely be putting myself at risk if I go there. But I'll take it. I was thinking of going down there with one of my good buddies on a wednesday or a thursday, probably somewhere around 2-3PM in the afternoon. Another aspect I'm curious about, is how likely is it to catch any type of STD? Of course there's the condom...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion