tuscl

Update on Burned Dancer Case

Woman Charged With Setting Exotic Dancer on Fire
Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LOS ANGELES — A woman has pleaded not guilty to trying to kill an exotic dancer by dousing her with flammable liquid and setting her ablaze outside a Los Angeles area club.

Prosecutors on Wednesday charged 27-year-old Rianne Theriault-Odom with attempted premeditated murder, mayhem and torture. She allegedly exchanged words with the dancer, then set her on fire outside the Babes & Beer nightclub last Thursday.

Prosecutors declined to charge a man arrested with her, 22-year-old Nathaniel Petrillo.

The dancer, 27-year-old Roberta Dos Santos-Busby, remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Theriault-Odom remained in custody under $1.03 million bail. Her case will be assigned to a public defender, according to the district attorney's office.

5 comments

• Dudester
    16 years ago
    They call her Mia, but her real name is Roberta Abdue Dos Santos Busby. From Brazil. Lives in Simi. Single mother, two daughters, 4 and 8. Stripping part time in Tarzana. Just went back full because she lost her bill collector job. Rough times.

And that was before they set her on fire.

She's working the other night at Babes and Beer. Counting tips. Goes outside to meet a couple people, they douse with her something flammable, light her up. She's in critical condition.

Police are looking for the suspects, Rianne Theriault-Odom, 27, who might have been a dancer at the club and Nathaniel Petrillo, 22. Both have priors. Burglary for her, drug possession and credit card fraud for him. A real winning pair.

Why? Pissed off dancer and psychopath boyfriend, maybe? Busby grabbed a bigger share of tips? Did more dances? Who the fuck knows?

Like I said, rough times.
  • hogsun
    16 years ago
    If I tell a dancer I gave $100 to Roberta, will it get me a free lap dance?
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    Imagine Roberta was your ATF, or a cousin, or neighbor. Imagine seeing her 8 and 4 year old crying. Imagine losing that aspect of yourself that provides your living because a jealous person took it from you. Would you want help?
  • hogsun
    16 years ago
    and your point is...........
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    I think Dudester's point is -- this is a REALLY REALLY SAD situation. And let's send some money to Founder to help out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion