tuscl

How much do you tip when you are at the rail?

ericsacto2
California
Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:24 PM
I haven't been to strip club in many years. It used to be $1 tips at the rail. Is it the same amount these days? How much has inflation affected tips here?

12 comments

• tdcx
    15 years ago
    $1 is still the going rate but you'll occasionally see people tip more
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Some clubs, based on what I've read of various club reviews, are $2, so it would help to either read reviews ahead of time or to just simply watch what other customers are doing.
  • 10inches
    15 years ago
    usually of couple of dollars, but if dancer is hot and i want herto come over to my table afterwards i will make it $5
  • Golfer3166
    15 years ago
    Tip a buck but if you want to get her attention and have her come to see you after her set, $5 generally is the norm.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I tip mostly $1. I have tipped $5 before, but I think it is so dark in a lot of clubs that strippers can't really tell if it's a $1 or $5. Also at one of the clubs I went to, I asked to break a $20 into $1 bills and they said they only do it with $2 bills. I went ahead and tipped $2 that night. Also if the club is not busy that night, $1 tip will be enough to get her attention to come over and see you. I have seen someone on a busy night, tip a $20.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I've rarely tipped more than a buck at a time. There are strip clubs where the girls will come around more than once during their stage set though for possible tips. I have had a few dancers at the Cadillac Lounge in RI tell me that $2 per tip was "expected" in their occasionally-open all-nude room. In Canada, strip club stage tipping is extremely rare...as the Canadian dollar & two-dollar demoninations are coins.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Fuglies and such, ZERO. Average dancer $1. The dancer I wish to visit me after she gets off stage, $5-10.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    samsung1, Always use singles even for the $5 tip. Also, tip each single individually. Depending on what she is wearing, I like to tip each breast, each hip, then wherever she wishes the final single. They do not miss that, dark or not.
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Tips are still $1 at every club I've been in. Now, every now and then somebody will start "showering" a girl with dollar bills. Usually that's a shill from the club who will get the money back when she's offstage. I think it's meant to incite serial tipping. I have tipped $5 once or twice. But I've found the most effective way to get a girl to come over after the dance is to ask.
  • sandyman
    15 years ago
    At the clubs in the East St. Louis area, $2 is pretty much the norm. But for that $2 you often will get a dance that is better than most lap dances at other clubs.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    clubber, Thanks for the idea! Also I have noticed some people like to do the "make it rain" style of tipping. While the dancer is performing in front of them, they start to just toss out $1 bills creating the effect of making it look like it is raining $1 bills. The strippers seemed to like it, but I have never tried it myself (and probably never will).
  • melzor
    15 years ago
    I just did a roadtrip around the US, and visited many many strip clubs. Every place is different in what they expect. Just observe and see what everyone else is doing. Some places people don't tip at all at the rail, some places girls will come around and ask everyone in the club for a tip for their dance, not just the guys at the rail. I went into a club in Portland with a buddy that lives there. We sat down at the rail, he immediatly puts down a $1, I'm holding mine in my hand. The dancer was across on the other side of the small round stage, and I half jokingly tell my buddy "you're just going to lay it out there? You gotta make her earn it!" The girl immediatly stops dancing and comes to our side of the stage, pulls my buddys dollar down onto the stage, and starts bitching at me. "Do you work for free? I don't. If you are sitting here you better be putting a dollar down!" Mind you, this is my first time in this club, or any strip club in Portland, we'd just gotten there, and I HAVE A DOLLAR IN MY FRIGGIN HAND! I tell her "Oh, is that how it works here?" then stand up and walk over to the other stage and start tipping the dancer there. Worked out good for my buddy though. I sat on the far side of the other stage, and the dancer at the first stage glared at me for her 3 songs while giving my buddy all her attention. I love most strippers, but some of their attitudes just piss me off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion