tuscl

Columbus, OH strip club closings

I have noticed two of the strip clubs on rt. 161 in Columbus, OH have been closed. The first one Dockside Dolls closed in march for remodeling and has yet to re-open. The second one, Danny's Gold Fox in November, closed with a sign saying they are going to re-open on 1/9/09 as "lollipop's gentlemen's club" but when I went there last night the sign changed to "closed for remodeling".

I was just wondering if any one knows what is going on with these clubs? Danny's Gold Fox has an excellent location right off of rt. 71, and dockside dolls was located next to an adult movie/toy store. I know there were some LE problems going around in Columbus, but I don't know if that was the reason or if it was because of the economy.

2 comments

• imnumnutz
    16 years ago
    i personally think it's part of the general downturn on rte 161, dublin-granville rd. the clubs are not the only thing closing. no more Outback, no more Lonestar, no more Hooters, no more Smokybones. All of them now sit vacant. Oh how times have changed here. 30 years ago, the Wall St Journal wrote a story about this corridor, calling it "America's test market..."
  • jester214
    16 years ago
    Ha, kinda funny. The Dockside Dolls in NC closed for "remodeling", which has been going on for 4 years. Now there's a Church about 100 yards from where the club used to be. Yet they still have the billboard for the place...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion