tuscl

numbers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:23 AM
I was wondering the success level ya'll have had AFTER getting a dancers numbers. for me, it seems that the number system becomes a way to for the dancer to "call one in". any time i try to pull an otc rendezvous, i get the "i have a headache" or "not now" or "my parents are in town". anyone else have any luck?

16 comments

• ozymandias
    15 years ago
    I have a pretty high success rate translating "phone number" to "OTC", but I tend to spend a lot on the girls as well... also, I'm not single mindedly focused on "OTC action", but I'll call girls up to see if they want to do lunch, dinner, go to a party, see a show, whatever. That is, I tend to treat them more like friends than hirelings. That said, I've noticed a few interesting dancer "phone number" tricks over the years. (1) The "wrong number" trick - dancers will do this with a customer they've just met, who's not a club regular, but who's spending a lot of money. They offer to give their phone number, but they'll give the *wrong* number. In a day or two he'll call, but it's a wrong number. What does he do? goes back to the club (after all, she intended to give the number, made a mistake, but she's clearly interested, right?) and of course, spends a lot of money. Plus, he's one step closer to becoming a regular. (2) The never-answering dancer - similar to the "wrong number", but the customer gets her vmail, leaves messages, but she never calls back. Typical result as above: he goes back to the club. A variation on this is the dancer answering, saying "hey, let me call you back"... but she never does. The customer, consumed by impatience and curiosity, returns to the spiderweb for more spending action. (3) "I'll give you my number when I get a phone/number/place etc" - I'll confess to having bought cell phones for dancers before, and for having paid their monthly bills. So, I know ploy to get customers to buy phones and cover bills works! Incidentally, if you ever get a cell phone for a dancer, make sure to get unlimited texting... dancers text A LOT. (4) The straightforward plea - if a girl wants a sugar daddy, he needs to be able to get in touch. Pretty simple! O.
  • icedawg
    15 years ago
    ozy i avoid fone conversations. i dont need to play shrink to any dancer. i text just as much as they do, but it has usually ended in dead ends. so far, ive been able to eliminate the leeches. but now im down to zero....
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    A little of each. In recent memory (last year) I've exchanged or received phone numbers with 10 dancers. Four of them led to OTC meetings, a fifth OTC meeting canceled. One asked about OTC then waffled when we talked and just wanted me to come up to the club. One literally used it to "call one in." Others were MIA. Of the three, I lost touch with one after she went out west; met with the second out of the club a couple successful times -- then she started making ATM calls so THAT died. Got together with one twice, then she changed phones. Later showed up on Craigslist but clearly in a "working girl" capacity. Fifth has led to monthly, or occasionally twice monthly meetings with time spent and "rates" flexible. (She may be taking a state-sponsored vacation at the end of the month, so I'm hopeful that the cancellation can be resurrected -- went to her club once since but she wasn't there -- so that may be MIA.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I don't put much faith in numbers. I currently have only two that I ever use. Some stories: My first ATF had 3 numbers. Her apartment and 2 cell phones. One cell number for customers and one for friends and family. I had all 3 but learned to only call her on the last. She once had to drive a drunk dancer home that had gotten into it with a customer. She gave me a number and said to call her in 30 minutes to let me know if she was going to be able to come back to the club. I waited and called. A guy answered. I hung up. Next day I asked her if she had given me the right number. "OMG, I gave you her boy friends number". Rita had to move out her apartment for 30 days so that the owners could bring it up to standards. Said that she was going to stay with her parents in Richmond VA. Suggested that I fly up there and hang with her and gave me her parents phone number. I was ready to do it. I fly free. When it was time I called her cell number but got "not available". I figured that she was already in Richmond. So I called the number that she had given me. I actually talked to her father. She was not there. I moved on. Over a year ago one of my still current favorites gave me her cell number and right below it gave me her husbands name and his number. Said that if I ever needed help to call her and if I could not reach her to call him. Other dancers have told me that if I ever needed help to call him. She had two DUI's last year. Any body want to buy some numbers? CHEAP?
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I've only had three numbers. One is my ATF. The other is a former dancer, now bartender (a favorite), and the third from a dancer. We talked a few times, but never hooked up OTC. The dancer did call me a couple of times, as indicated, to let me know when she was working, IE: "call one in".
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My 1st ATF actually bought me an answering machine so that she could leave me messages. This can be confirmed by "shekitout". She sought his advice before buying it. I'll bet he shit his pants when he found out that it was for me. LOL...
  • how
    15 years ago
    Ozy's list of tricks with numbers is pretty accurate. Most dancers I encounter offer me a number, but if I feel a connection with a dancer, I usually offer her my number and leave it up to her if she wants to contact me. That leads to interaction away from their work.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    The numbers game is a scam for calling in regulars for dances. When times are slow, count on getting a call letting you know that she will be dancing on a particular night. I have responded to those calls only to find that the dancer was not there. Well, of course, something better came up--OTC money or her boyfriend got paid. Don't fall for this game. It's just a money maker with nothing else attached.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Wish I hadn't given my number to ***** ITC, she's a good conversationalist, but OTC, she's disorganized, discombobulated, and a real ditz. She calls for stupid reasons.
  • looker123
    15 years ago
    Numbers are pretty easy to come by once you are a regular at a club. I agree that most are really just so the dance can make more money. A couple turned into real friends, not so much OTC action as real world friendships.
  • how
    15 years ago
    A nice dancer recently gave me a "Modified Ozy#3" (see second post in this thread)--"I don't have a phone right now, but here's my girlfriend's number. She'll help us stay in touch." I try not to be overly cynical or skeptical, so I did call the number a few days later. Sure enough, it was this gal's friend, and she said the two of them had talked about me, and that she would indeed help us stay connected. "She wants to get together with you." Pleasant surprise.
  • DickJohnson
    15 years ago
    I pretty much don't ask for a dancers number nor do i want to give her mine. The strippers I have talked to over the phone are some of the worst conversationalists I have ever talked to and they have no scruples...i.e. calling at odd hours, calling all the time, rambling on about this problem or that continuously. Boring conversations with mostly boring people.
  • Pete22z
    15 years ago
    5 numbers I think. One was strictly to call in. The others were strictly for convenience as I became a regular. But they will text me or call from time to time to see how I'm doing (2 are no longer dancing). I half-heartedly tried the OTC angle without much success due to distance/timing.
  • RoperDope
    15 years ago
    Of the 10 or so dancers numbers I have been given about 50% have led to OTC action RD
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    DickJohnson spotted another problem with numbers. Maintaining a telephone conversation with a dancer is real hard work and more than I am willing to do.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I actually prefer e-mail instead of phone numbers for the younger dancers. So far I have yet to meet a stripper tell me they don't have a computer/e-mail but there have been several that have not returned my e-mails (but those are the dancers I usually never end up seeing again). It seems like a stripper's "defenses" drop when you ask for an e-mail instead of a number. I have heard a lot of excuses as to why they can't give me their number (it's broken, I don't have a cell phone, etc.) but I have yet to hear an excuse to not give me their e-mail address. However, it would not surprise me if there have been dancers that have been given laptops and such as gifts. I also don't like giving my number out to strippers because then whenever I get an "unavailable" showing up my on call id, I always have to guess whether it's a telemarketer or a stripper calling me with a blocked number.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion