tuscl

Staying and Talking in the Couch Room

reignfire
South Carolina
Monday, December 1, 2008 5:44 AM
You're in the couch room with a dancer talking (usually after you're finished getting dances). It's just the two of you when another customer and dancer come in and start dancing. DO leave so that they can have the couch room by themselves! DON'T continue talking! Take the conversation to a table, to the bar, or anywhere else. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to the couch room with an extras' dancer only to have my good time ruined by a customer and a dancer just sitting there (usually across from me) w/o any plans to get up and leave. My dancer usually tries to either wait them out or tries to conceal her activities, which usually just kills the effort and the mood. Waiting them out and/or concealment is hit-or-miss, with it usually being miss. Waiting them out or concealment usually gives other people time to get to the couch room for dances, so I would be w/o a smile on my face and less money. There should be an universal sign customers can give each other (don't leave it up to the dancers) that should say "If you're not getting any more dances, then do ME a favor and leave us alone. DO NOT cockblock."

8 comments

• mmdv26
    16 years ago
    Been there! Most "extra's" dancers keep an eye on who's in VIP, and will only suggest "shall we go dance" when VIP is empty or the other dancer(s) in there are also high mileage providers. The ultimate unintentional "cockblock" situation may have occurred several years ago at the Chameleon Club (now burned down & gone)in WP, ESL. One winter, the furnace quite working in the "apartment", so "dances" were done in a small 8 x 10 storage room with 2 couches backed-up to the walls facing each other. A small electric space heater kept the place warm. It was not unusual to have a couple on each couch. Since this was a FS club, the whole thing could be pretty intimidating even with the lights turned way down. There wasn't much effort made to conceal what was going on either.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    If your not getting a lap dance STAY THE FUCK OUT.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    I'm somewhat guilty as far as hanging out in the "couch room" in a couple of clubs. The first reason is that it is quieter than the rest of the club as well as generally being more comfortable. The second reason is that it is just more convenient to stay there and get dances here and there. I haven't noticed other patrons concerned about privacy, but in the couch room it shouldn't be expected. When you first walk in there is no telling what you'll see. Most clubs have private booths in lieu of a couch room. Club Tweezy has some very fancy private rooms that I would describe as upscale. I don't know the prices. The music was so loud that the hair on my arms was going up and down with the beat. Yes, I have hairy arms. The dancers weren't working---11 PM apparently was too early. The other upscale black club is Club Diamonds and it also doesn't get moving until way past my bedtime. I think it might have been at The Trap many years ago that a dancer asked me and my dancer for some privacy so she could be alone with her customer. Not a big deal because at the time The Trap was fairly relaxing so any place was good, however at any time people do walk in to the couch room. She just happened to have a very shy customer----most likely a tourist.
  • how
    16 years ago
    This discussion reminds me of a funny bit of dialog from "My Name is Earl." A French dude is visiting Earl, and is complaining about some other guy messing up his opportunities with a young lady: "He is blocking the rooster!" Earl replies that something got lost in the translation.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Tycoons, Cheetahs, The Coliseum and Penthouse in Detroit all have private booths with curtains for LD. Look for a club that offers that or ask the manager to redecorate. Some will redecorate if they believe that it will increase revenue.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    SD, "Redecorate"??? Most managers won't even turn down the ear bleeding "music"!!!
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Clubber--You are right. It's a fantasy to think that a manager would take a customer's needs into account, like music at a volume that does not drown out conversation.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    The only redecorating you might get at a club, if you complained to management, is getting your ass redecorated right out of the club!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion