tuscl

Is $20 in the hand worth more than $30 in the bush?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, October 17, 2008 9:06 PM
This is more of a question for the few dancers that post on here. Every body is bitching about the economy. Is this the time to raise prices? I just spent 3 days at my favorite club. Bitch, bitch, bitch about how bad business was. So they want to charge more to make up for it. Wrong. The busyiest dancers were the ones charging the least. The "Do you want a dance at $30's" were sitting around looking for or hoping for suckers." And they found some dumb asses. But at the end of the day, they went home with a lot less. If any. I have discussed this with many favorite dancers.They agree.

14 comments

• SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Watch dances drop to $10 and dancers make it up on volume.
  • Dain
    16 years ago
    SuperDude, you presuppose that dancers are rational economic agents. I hope you're right.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    If they would listen to people who make sense or use common sense, lower the dance prices if you're sitting around not doing dances and if that is what is causing the customers not to buy dances. Customers are trying to save their money as well because they have less of it with food and gas and utilities all costing more than they used to. I don't mind too much though that dancers in general haven't figured this out along with strip club managers. It is rather easy for me to say no to a high price dance offer. Now if a dancer says she'll dance for $10 a lap dance, my resistance to getting a dance suddenly drops, if I like the dance my resistance to getting more at that price is still low or maybe even lower if I am enjoying her dance. Before I know it, she could make $40 to $60 dollars off of me by doing 4 to 6 dances. Now if she had only asked me to do one dance at $30 to $40 dollars, she wouldn't have any lap dance money from me and I wouldn't have given it a second thought. That's the problem I believe many have. They believe it's better to charge high prices and hope for a big kill and they sit around doing nothing most of the time (if not then good for you). Same thing applies to poor people and government expectations, they want the government to pay for all their needs. I guess with the middle class lowering their expectations, the middle class is picking up that expectation now. Vote for Obama, he's promising a tax cut now. Don't worry, he'll give it to you and after 2 or 3 years, he'll say he needs to increase the payroll tax, social security tax, etc. etc.. Don't worry, if you don't get a pay raise, you won't get taxed as much. We'll all be happier to be poorer so that we can avoid getting taxed as much. I think both Obama and McCain aren't that bright but Obama will be the next president so I guess we'll all have to pay up. Kind of like get the loan now, pay up big later, unless you're not poor like the middle class is becoming. Sorry for the rant at the end of my post.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I said no thanks or maybe later my first night visiting the Masters at the beach. All the dancers told me prices like $25 for a lap dance. Another visit on another night, I kept saying no thanks. Then one dancer (probably doing what most dancers aren't supposed to do) asked me 2 dances for $30? I thought wow, a much better price and said ok. I wasn't going to buy any dances because I didn't want to spend that much money buying up expensive lap dances. She must have broken my resistance. I ended up blowing away several more lap dances that night at the regular price. I enjoyed the dances though. I went back to saving money after that.
  • evilcyn
    16 years ago
    Ours our 10, and i never ask for more then that unless a tip is [view link]'ll always make more in the end by being a better offer right now..
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Evilcyn, "I never ask for more then that unless a tip is offered" (1) The word is "than" not "then". (2) If a tip is OFFERED you did not ASK for it. If you ask for money it is NOT a tip - it might be a handout or a fee or.. but it is not a tip.
  • Anna
    16 years ago
    Honestly, I ask my favorite waitress which guys have a tab open with a card that pre-approved for a grand or more and I go sit down and introduce myself... Anytime there is some negotiation with a guy over money I tell them to keep it. Having a guy try to be cheap seriously turns me off to dancing for them so i would rather just sit there. However I have a day job...I can leave the club broke if I want to. I don't know how I would feel if I dancing paid my bills.
  • JMelbourne27
    16 years ago
    I have to agree with miss-frankie. I try not to low-ball girls because it makes them FEEL that they are not worth as much, go figure that strippers value themselves in $, maybe they're not as different from guys as they think! As far as the whole $10 or $20 lap dance thing, going to a club where there is a low back-room fee and the dancers work on a 'Tip basis' gets you the most millage for your money. And I don't necessarily agree that strippers who have cheap rates will get more dances. For me, it's whether I Vibe with her. If she's SMOKING, but I don't Vibe with her, I'll probably ask her to leave, even if she offered to PAY ME for a lap dance, although I'd consider giving a Lap Dances for $20. LMAO! ;) Every time I have given money in advance for anything it has been a rip off. I CAN say that the older the stripper the more compassionate she is, and also strippers who have a child seem to be very caring girls too.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    It seems simple to me. When demand (for dances) is high, the price can go up. What creates demand? Several things, but two common ones are: 1) lots of customers with money to burn, and 2) dancers who people want dances from. If a particular dancer is in high demand, she can usually charge more. If there are a lot of men who want to spend money, more dancers can charge more. If there are few customers, and a dancer is not a "high-demand" dance, she should charge a price that attracts more customers.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    zorro, THAT is called supply and demand, simple economics.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    clubber, yes, I know.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    zorro, Excellent! But there are some on here that have no clue.
  • Anna
    16 years ago
    Hey mr jmelbourne27....and now that you know what I look like, what do you think about low-balling me? i'm kidding, you know I have to mess with you!
  • JMelbourne27
    16 years ago
    Well of course I would considering low-balling you, but I wouldn't PAY you for it! ;) (Unless you wanted me to.) But seriously, you'd be worth every penny...er dollar!(Benjamin?)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion