If you could start over again, and your goal is maximizing mongering potential, what career path would you have chosen?
The job should give you access to all the top destinations and lot of of downtime while also landing enough money in the pocket
Airline Pilot? Merchant Navy? Truck driver ? Physician?
Don’t say politician ;)


Replies (35)Latest
I thought airline pilots were all screwing their flight attendants. At least back in the day this was so, it seems like now the flight attendants (on US carriers) are either fat or gay. But nowadays, money, a prestigious profession, and loads of destinations seem pretty optimized for mongering.
Physicians have money but not downtime or travel (except medical conferences).
My last job paid me well and world HQ (where they flew me, business class, and put me up in 4-star hotels) was 30 min from FKK Sharks. I'm married now but shit, that was pretty optimized!
My job before that didn't pay as much, but I traveled around the states and could usually sneak away to monger a bit.
Drug dealer.
Easy answer. Sales.
I’ve traveled to nearly every mid sized to large city over the past 20 years. Lots of flexibility to spend non working hours as you wish. If you do well you can earn more than just about any other profession. In doing so you have extra money to blow on whatever hobby you choose.
@captainfun Yes, a successful sales gig would be perfect but not everybody is cut out for sales. I'd starve and, worse, wouldn't be able to afford P4P. Any job with an element of travel and enough disposable comp to pay for the hobby without crimping on funding retirement, etc could work. As to the examples given, it could be career-ending (or at least damaging) for a pilot to be caught in a SC on an evening layover, even if they're supposedly only sipping tonic. They'd have the $ to have fun between gigs, if their domestic situation permits. Merchant sailors would likely be squeezing finances if they partook in the hobby in a big way. Maybe also true of truckers, who would also have to worry about waking up with a residual BAC. Physicians have the cash, but don't travel for business much, and are often semi-public figures in their community who wouldn't want to be recognized at the local SC.
Pimp. They dance, give me the money, then I fuck them, then they make me a sandwich. The sandwich part needs some refining, most of them aren't very good at that.
Sales or consulting is the best. They travel, have down time, have expense accounts, and make good money, maybe not doctor money or big law money but if they are top of their field they can have competitive bank rolls.
@chiefwiggum Ha. Consultants have money, at the top level, big law money, but not the time. Sales though, that makes sense. Can they still call strip clubs a "business expense"?
@chiefwiggum Since Epstein croaked, I guess that means there's at least one opening for this job?
Seems like the assumption here is, you want to travel a lot to maximize strange. If you never repeat with any woman, I'd guess you'd be lucky to have your world rocked 50% of the time. With 3+ favs, good chance I'd never get bored with any of them. And I'd get my world rocked 90+% of the time.
Looking back, I wish I'd realized early on that P4P was the best practical option for me. Hookups are tricky, as women tend to think everyone is or should be open to a permanent shackup. Thinking that, because you'd like to have them in your life for the foreseeable future, that means they're entitled to take over your life. Better to avoid people who are going to claim you tricked them, based on them thinking you are required to be what they think is "normal".
Since I prefer simple living in flyover country, $120K per year (2026 dollars) would be plenty. Whatever job where you can get that, that is personally the least aggravating for you. Another big mistake I made was expecting to find work that would give me a strong sense of accomplishment. Hard to do, unless you consider lying and backstabbing to be big accomplishments.
Wall Street bro
Find out what Muddy does for a living.
@shadowcat Or Sinclair.
Location scouts for movies and TV. Not the easiest jobs to get into, but those business cards can get you into a lot of places, probably cheaply.
@PhantomGeek I'm scouting for a movie right now, to be called "Argo". I have business cards and an answering service and everything. Gets you into (and out of) anywhere
@Manuellabore ARGO fuck yourself!
@Manuellabore You're a location scout? Very cool! How's a guy get into that line of work? Or is it one of those jobs that you can actually enjoy so it really isn't work?
@PhantomGeek Sorry, I'm not. It was a reference to a movie called "Argo" that would only make sense if you have watched it. Check it out. It's really good. I think that @DrStab would concur
@Manuellabore I've seen "Argo" with Ben Affleck. Yeah, it is a good show. For some reason, the part "to be called 'Argo'" just didn't click when I read it. Probably just really need to clean my eyes out.
Ideally, a job or business where one gets paid to travel, and has expenses paid for or a good per diem.
@minnow In my field, people who attempt to expense SCs often become nationally renowned
I could have, if I had worked it right at my old delivery job, become a truck driver, but I was questioning the long term viability of that company (FWIW, they declared bankruptcy and only the one profitable area stayed open) and left.
NBA player.
If you like white girls, college professor of English, Psych, or Fine Arts. No travel needed
@sfrsox Title IX may have put a dent in that strategy
@sfrsox It'd be worth a try to hang out in college bars, and pretend to be a straight-curious gay dude.
Dentist. Very dependable income and you can set your schedule so you end your day with time to hit day shifts and then shower at the gym after. 2-3X a year travel for conferences and CE.
My immediate thought was sales. Lots of scheduling flexibility. And I assume some companies allow for customers to be entertained at strip clubs. I always worked for very large corporations where it was discouraged, if not outright banned.
You could be a part time dog walker. But the clients might get suspicious, when you ask for a picture in a bikini before you'll book them.
@ilbbaicnl Concerning the bikini pic -- the dog or the owner...who I'm guessing is an appealing young woman and not, say, a 70-year-old man.
@PhantomGeek Getting pictures of 70 year old men could be a downside of my plan.
@ilbbaicnl Pictures of 70-year-old men in bikinis would be any and everyone's downside! Course, same with pictures of dogs in bikinis but at least that'd make for a better laugh.
Mongol conqueror of Eurasia: discovermagazine.com .
Basically, a gig that maximizes these 3 elements: 1)Opportunity- Job puts you in plenty of situations where your work puts you in a convenient location near strip clubs. 2)Time-being a rich retiree helps, but so do careers involving much travel with a good amount of down time between the business meetings and one's airline flight home. 3) Money- strip clubbing is not a cheap hobby, so much disposable income helps. That entails high income and good expense management/intelligent investment decisions. Warren Buffet doesn't own a big yacht like so many other "rich" folks do. The money saved by NOT having a yacht with its attendant expenses would buy a lot of VIP sessions in top clubs. Those of us not as wealthy as WB could apply the same logic to not buying an expensive car, or taking on too big a mortgage on a mansion that you don't really need.
I'm gonna suggest the military. If you have a good duty station or a good mission, such as I was on back in the early 70s sometimes the opportunities can be great. I didn't monger when I was in the Navy because I had a girlfriend and I had to stay true to her and the church. But as it was, I was stationed in Memphis for a half year and then San Diego. Visited Hawaii, Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Guam. Lots of opportunities were there, but I was too straight laced. And if I recall correctly muddy is military. Making enough income might be a problem unless you're an officer.
And I drove trucks for about 40 years. Some of that included some cross-country trips. Sometimes with layovers here and there. I did visit a few strip clubs in assorted places. Biggest problem was being on a schedule. But I still had time to drop in for an hour or two sometimes.
The first priority is overwhelmingly whatever makes you the most money. You can figure out ways to carve out the other requirements like time and travel, but if you have money you can figure out the rest.
For something that doesn’t require special talents or lots of college, grad school and training, it’s sales. Available to almost everyone, potential to make good cash and travel. If you can’t sell, find something else but most sales jobs afford the opportunity to earn a lot and have plenty of travel, free time and night/weekend work opportunities with alcohol as part of it.
Other careers work but this is the one available to almost anyone. That said, picking a career for mongering is silly. Just make money. That will allow you to achieve things that will allow a good life, including mongering but definitely not having it be the sole priority. That would be a pretty empty life.
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.