tuscl

Ratings have been modified...

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Based on the input from the users here, I have modified the ratings algorithm. I am not going to tell you what I did, but I would like you to take a look at your favorite clubs, and let me know if you see anyting that doesn't make sense.

Keep in mind, the rating is not simply the club's review ratings diveded by the number of reviews. There are other factors in determining a club's rating.

Also, all reviews for a club are now availble (not just 2 years). We show 10 on the first page, then a second click will bring up all the rest for that club.

Happy reading

11 comments

• Dudester
    16 years ago
    I like what you did. Thanks.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I like that I can read about my last visit to a club if it was long ago. Makes it easier to evaluate the more recent visit.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    Offhand, hard to tell. I'm guessing that you weighted reviews in the past yr. more heavily than those submitted in '04. My other guess would be factoring all reviews, not just no. of reviewers- eg if club has been reviewed by 2 different people, but 1 person has submitted 9 reviews vs others 1, are you now dividing total review score by 10 vs the single reviewers & average score of multiple reviewer by 2??
    Also, current practice of grading 3 factors allows 1 to evaluate strong points- suggest allowing an overall grade to overide individual factors. There are dinky clubs that might get a 5 grade in club facilities factor, yet have hot babes & high mileage. Then there are clubs with impeccable facilities & 9 grade barbie dolls, yet are too sterile to truly have a good time. Thus, some tweaking of factor grades to get the grade that 1 really thinks club deserves.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Just keep encouraging (forcing) reviewers to discuss details and give impressions about the experience. A ratings number is valuable but it only goes so far. Most of the value I get from TUSCL is from the discussions the reviewers provide.
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    "We show 10 on the first page, then a second click will bring up all the rest for that club."

How about putting an anchor tag on the 10th review on the 2nd page and linking to it from the first page. I've already looked at the first 10, get me to #11 please!
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    I pretty much agree with the Top 10 ranking for the clubs I've been to.

And I agree with arbeeguy, the ranks are nice but the real value are the reviews.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I am not sure of what you have done. When I pull up my own page it only show reviews for the past two years. When I pull up my favorite clubs page it show reviews for the past 4 years but none of mine after 2 years. When I look at the top 40, I see the number of reviews/ers has been cut in half. But the club rose in ratings from #10 or 11 to #3 and to #1 on the top 40 topless clubs. I guess that you have deleted my reviews because there were so many of them for the same club that they had no effect on ratings. And old information is useless. I think that you also raised the number of reviews/ers to qualify for the top 40. While I agree that ratings are not everything and whats in the review is more beneficial. Any club in the top 10 got there because they deserved it. Some things are inappropriate to put in reviews. My buddies and I share by PM's and email.
  • Officer
    16 years ago
    I like how you have included all of the reviews going back to 2004---it make it easier to see the total club experience.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    What happened to the other 30 names on all the (formerly Top 40) lists??
  • founder
    16 years ago
    Top 40 will return soon... trying an experiment
  • Empty post possibly, but this dude abides, founder.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion