tuscl

Volume Levels in Clubs

jgb133
Florida
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:42 AM
The club I visit the most is the Platinum Plus in Columbia. It never fails that the DJ plays the music so ungodly loud that you can't carry a conversation without shouting. I once brought a reunion group with substantial funding. We left 45 minutes later, having not spent a dime, because we couldn't talk to each other. I've tried in the past to get the management to lower the volume at the club, but nothing changes. I was told that the owner, Ken Wood?, mandated that this club over throttle the volume. The official response is that they want to promote a high energy establishment. I've been to other clubs of his and they're not like this. I wish I knew more about their revenue streams to better understand their decision making. Are there other clubs similar to this?

13 comments

• jgb133
    16 years ago
    I can't help but think this is detrimental to the girls ability to generate income. I think most guys like to converse somewhat to the girls they're interested in. If you can't converse, they may loose an opportunity for a dance.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    jgb133 we have met and you know that I share the same views. The best thing I can say about last months visit. Is that the day shift DJ was not overly [view link] is a college town and Ken Wood wants to keep a party atmosphere going. He has lost his bread and butter club in Memphis. He has opened up clubs in Miami, Portland ME and recently Lexington KY. But this is his new darling club. You and I and several other have tried to talk to the management. We have tried to explain that it is us older guys that have and spend the money. But it has always fallen on deaf ears. Come in on a Saturday afternoon. The place is packed with soldiers from Ft Jackson. They drink beer, tip on stage but rarely buy a lap dance. Jimmy, the former general manager has left. He has bought an interest in another Columbia club. And I have a favorite dancer working there. I am sure that you remember her. BTW, if you ever want to try to seek him out, His office is located next to Heart Breakers. The sign says "Ken Wood Enterprises". Lots of luck I cannot cut of my nose to spite my face. I still have lots of favorite dancers there and I will continue to chase after them. LOL. This month Sept 16-18. Come on down!
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    In several locations in the Platinum Plus club in Greenville, you have to shout to be heard. I noticed I tend to not mind the music being loud if I like the songs being played but not being able to talk at all to a dancer without shouting is annoying. However I found a solution. Just don't buy lapdances or not that many. The other solution is to bring some ear plugs. The dancers are used to shouting in many areas and you can hear them shout with the ear plugs in. I thought Heartbreakers was very loud when I visited there as well. However I lucked out when I visited Platinum Plus in Columbia, I didn't think it was as loud as the Greenville club. I thought it was funny but possibly true when one guy said in his review "it's louder than a front seat row at Talladega". I thought the music was slightly down after that but it seems like it goes up and down. For some reason when they play music I like such as AC/DC Back in black, metallica or something, it doesn't seem as loud. Either that or I'm temporarily deaf and numb.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    It's a private club or hotel room key required but Greenville has a small club with some nice looking dancers without all the loud music problems. The DJ doesn't hardly even talk either except to announce who is on stage. That is Nepals. That may have something to do why some customers like it. You can relax and talk to the dancers without shouting.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Depending on what you like "small comfortable relaxing strip club environment" or "super loud, wanna dance hustle, and rock concert rowdy party atmosphere" you can make your selection in Greenville. I like both at different times. If my ears start ringing though, that is annoying. There was one time I visited the Club in Columbia and I swear a jet engine would have been quieter. If the strip club had been a business that OSHA regulated, they would have been required to have signs on the entrance of the building "HEARING PROTECTION REQUIRED" within the whole building.
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    Volume level at PP in Columbia is well documented and is duly noted in most reviews of this club. Since it is usually a great place to visit I tend to put up with the loud music as long as the girls are cute. If you are preoccupied with the women, the noise seems to be less of a problem. I always complain to the dancers but will make a point to inform management next time. Don't know why the owner thinks loud music is good for business, especially during the day when the clientel is usually older.
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    The owners don't give a shit if you don't buy a lap dance - they strippers pay a stage fee anyhow. The strippers don't have shit to say about it because they are contractors and don't "work for the club." To complain - you always have to go to management. The strippers are caught in the middle.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    LOYAL SUBJECTS: “Sire? Dost this exuberant crooning offend thyne ears too?” SHADOWCAT: “jgb133 we have met and you know that I share the same views. “ PARODYMAN: Elderly with a common goal… I like that. Maybe you can start the million walker march. SHADOWCAT: “The best thing I can say about last months visit. Is that the day shift DJ was not overly obnoxious.” PARODYMAN: No bragging about all the half priced pussy? SHADOWCAT: “It is a college town and Ken Wood wants to keep a party atmosphere going. “ PARODYMAN: Shit! I can’t understand why he doesn’t want to turn it into a convalescent home. SHADOWCAT: “He has lost his bread and butter club in Memphis. “ PARODYMAN: Misplaced it? Too bad, I liked this one. SHADOWCAT: “He has opened up clubs in Miami, Portland ME and recently Lexington KY. “ PARODYMAN: Perhaps he’ll be more careful with these. SHADOWCAT: “But this is his new darling club. “ PARODYMAN: Hope he closes it. SC sucks. SHADOWCAT: “You and I and several other have tried to talk to the management.” PARODYMAN: Several other what? And did he give a fuck? Obviously not. SHADOWCAT: “We have tried to explain that it is us older guys that have and spend the money. But it has always fallen on deaf ears.” PARODYMAN: Maybe you can look at his deafness as your final revenge for playing the music in HIS club too loud. SHADOWCAT: “Come in on a Saturday afternoon. The place is packed with soldiers from Ft Jackson. They drink beer, tip on stage but rarely buy a lap dance.” PARODYMAN: Who goes to a strip club to look at servicemen? SHADOWCAT: “Jimmy, the former general manager has left.” PARODYMAN: Did the door hit him in the ass on the way out? SHADOWCAT: “He has bought an interest in another Columbia club.” PARODYMAN: How nice for him. SHADOWCAT: “And I have a favorite dancer working there.” PARODYMAN: WOW Really? SHADOWCAT: “I am sure that you remember her. “ PARODYMAN: No I don’t. “SHADOWCAT: “BTW, if you ever want to try to seek him out, His office is located next to Heart Breakers. The sign says "Ken Wood Enterprises". Lots of luck” PARODYMAN: I’m sure he loves the fact that you gave out this information on the internet where violent psychos like shekitout can read it. SHADOWCAT: “I cannot cut of my nose to spite my face.” PARODYMAN: Sure you can. Use the “razor sharp” machete you claim that you keep for protection. Tell it your nose is attacking you. SHADOWCAT: “I still have lots of favorite dancers there and I will continue to chase after them.” PARODYMAN: Fortunately there are stalking laws in place. SHADOWCAT: “LOL.” PARODYMAN: That abbreviated phrase, “LOL”, just sounds so pussy. SHADOWCAT: “This month Sept 16-18. Come on down!” PARODYMAN: And be the next contestant on “the Clap is Right…”
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    One of the first things that founder expels is not to type with the "CAP LOCK's ON" for emphasis. It shows immaturity. I guess that he knew what he was talking about!
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat: “One of the first things that founder expels is not to type with the "CAP LOCK's ON" for emphasis. Parodyman: Shadowcat as much as I just hate to make you sound like a goober from the SC area; I think you don’t understand the definition of the word “expel.” Expel – as defined by The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company. 1. To force or drive out: expel an invader. 2. To discharge from or as if from a receptacle: expelled a sigh of relief. 3. To force to leave; deprive of membership: expelled the student from college for cheating. An example would be: A sudden loud noise caused Shadowcat to expel his bowels. Good thing he had his senior diaper on or things could have gotten very messy. I think the word you were looking for is expound. Let’s see how that works for you. Expound -- as defined by The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company. 1. To give a detailed statement of; set forth: expounded the intricacies of the new tax law. 2. To explain in detail; elucidate: The speaker expounded the approach of positive thinking. An example would be: One of the first things that founder expounded was not to type with the "CAP LOCK's ON" for emphasis. Shadowcat: “ It shows immaturity. I guess that he knew what he was talking about!” Parodyman: You are fucking-A-right! And a great job you have done of it. "CAP LOCK's ON" look familiar? When I put our names in all caps it was for ease of reading not emphasis. Besides being an immature douche bag at your advanced age you need someone to point out to you it is called the “caps lock” key. Try to absorb all of this and apply it to your future writings. Maybe you won’t come off as such a backward ass, banjo playing, Southerner.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    I wonder if some of the special ear plugs that block high volume, but let you hear conversation might help. But why should I spend money on that? Just find a quieter club.
  • Dougster
    16 years ago
    as they say... "It's not too loud... You're too old!"
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Hi Parodyman, He wrote "expel" and you thought he meant "expound" but I thought he meant "expect". Look at the context, don't you think it was "expect". Fess up Shadow, what was intended? (But hey, we are way off topic here, aren't we?)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion