tuscl

A girl tells you she's thinking about becoming a dancer. What do you say?

I had this happen to me many years ago from a girl I didn't know but she worked at the same company as me. Just regular manufacturing work. I guess she asked me because someone started a rumour at my workplace that I was visiting strip clubs. I was surprised by her question because she wanted my opinion. What would you say if it happened now?

11 comments

• Jpac73
    16 years ago
    The 1st question I would ask her is why do you want to dance? Secondly, I would advise her that ever one who dances doesn't make big bucks.
  • elvis2
    16 years ago
    After all that explanation, offer your 'free' services as teacher and coach, with unlimited practice time.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    I would, of course, advise them not to.

But it's kind of like when they ask you if they should get a boob job or not. They are going to do what they would anyways irregardless of what you or the dozen other people they asked say.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    Actually, I sort of had this discussion. She was a co-worker. She was hot and had this kind od personality that she lit up any room she walked in.

We had developed a friendship. She told me that she had been stripping when she first went to work for the company, but had quit stripping because she was dating a guy who didn't want her to strip.

Several months later, she told me that the relationship was falling apart and she had auditioned for an upscale strip joint. The next week, she was fired for sleeping on the job.

I waited about a month and I called her. She told me she was stripping at the upscale place and I definitely should come by that night. She didn't show.

I made several trips there afterwards. I didn't see her, but I did see her cousin. I tried calling her again-same result.

I heard from a co-worker recently, who saw her at some joint, but he didn't want to say where.

Go figure.
  • BuckMcNutter
    16 years ago
    Encourage them and even pay for the Boob Job ! :))
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Offer to give her a private audition.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I would tell her not to dance. Not that it would do any good anyway, since they probably decided on doing it already.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    I'd tell her to beware of psychos like Shrekitout and cheap old bastards like Shadowcat. Unless dancing for half price is her career goal.
  • how
    16 years ago
    "Why are you considering dancing? Do you expect lots of money, or do you think it will be fun? Do you have a definite timeframe in mind for how long you will dance? Well, good luck. Hope for the best, but be prepared for some unpleasant experiences with co-workers and customers."
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Now, I might say, "maybe you should stop by my house and show me what dance moves you have. I can critique your lap dances as well. I'd be willing to do this as a favor to you." Of course that all depends on how good she looks. I might have to reword that to be something like "if your boyfriend doesn't mind". Last thing I need is some jealous guy knocking on my door. Nah, I'd forget the boyfriend part, if she wants to come over she can. I can always ask questions later.
  • SteveSmith
    16 years ago
    I'd try to discourage her; tell her about what goes on in the SCs (drugs, drinking, prostitution, etc.). Then, she'll probably ignore your advice and do it anyway, but I'd at least warn her.

If it's a relative or a good friend's relative, I'd scream to the mountain tops about the pitfalls of dancing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion