tuscl

Can't we all just get along?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:19 PM
I've been a member here for a number of years, and yet have never posted on the Discussion Board. But, as a daily reader (at least M-F), I've found many interesting questions, answers and thoughts posted. It seems to me that recently - oh, in the last six months or so - unnecessary and irrelevant personal attacks have escalated. From my perspective, everybody has something to offer concerning this "hobby." Some like to toot their own horn; some like to keep it detailed and local; some like to philosophize; etc. Why not take it for what it's worth and leave the ad hominen attacks out. Yes, if you look at my review history, it's rather limited, but I've been going to strip clubs since I was 18 in Austin, Texas. Now, 30 years later, married, middle-aged with children, I don't get out as much as I'd like to. Finally, a quick response to the previous post: I'm a nice guy and strippers appreciate that as much as any other female. I'm chivalrous, courteous, generouse and as horny as the next guy. All the above seem to give me forgiveness when the hands start wandering. We're all just people, living day-to-day, paying bills, meeting responsibilities sometimes successfully, sometimes not, hoping that we are living a good life and forgiving ourselves of our weaknesses. And I believe all but a few of the patrons and strippers out there are the same.

7 comments

• akenb321
    16 years ago
    I hate typos!
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    This topic has come up a lot recently and I will second your thoughts that this site has a lot to offer those of us who regularly enjoy going to strip clubs. Why all the constant bickering and personal attacks is beyond me. I try to read most of the discussion board topics and just try to look past all the childish remarks. I think most of the people on here feel as I do. Even the posters that seem to thrive on attacking others will occasionally make a worthwhile contribution. For some reason several TUSCLers have a personal beef with someone else. I think they should use the private message feature to make their case. Instead they seem to need the satisfaction that they recieve from posting their derogatory comments publicly. I can endure the garbage posters for a while as they tend to move on if they have nothing of interest to contribute.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    I too agree great post thanks!!!!
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    No, we can't...now get over it. :) I AM trying to do my part though, since I don't post in *any* of scat's self-absorbed, tell-me-how-great-I-am posts at all. I haven't fed that beast since the whole dust up that he started that eventually caused wondergrl to leave the board for a while. If you starve the beast, the beast will go away...
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    I hope to never see the flame wars of 3-4 years ago. I left for a year because of that foolishness.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    SuperDude - wow, so it was worse 3-4 years ago? I only started reading this board about a year ago. I will have to visit the Archives.
  • Lou_Lou
    16 years ago
    The constant bickering really gets old. If you don't like someone ignore them. This is the best site of its kind online, and we all have a common interest, lets use it for what its meant to be.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion