tuscl

America is Best When We Have Unity

grrlgonebad
grrlgonebad
I've been thinking a lot about how divided and tribal we've become over the past few years.... it’s exhausting ....

It seems like so much energy goes into arguing and focusing on the extremes when honestly I think most of us..... like 95% of people ....probably agree on a lot more than we realize (or want to admit). There’s so much common ground that often gets pushied aside for the all-or nothing... edge arguments.

We’ve lost the art of disagreeing respectfully. We’ve all seen how quickly conversations can turn into personal attacks instead of staying focused on the actual issue..... TUSCL is just an example of the biggere converstions we are having in America these days.

How can we become open to considering different viewpoints and having real ....honest.... conversations without feeling like we need to tear someone down to prove a point.... assholes are going to asshole... but why can't we have a simple conversation anymore?

So, my question is, how do we start finding that unity again? America is best when we are one nation...

How can we focus on what most of us share instead of what divides us? How can we bring it all together again....

Is it still possible to disagree in a way that actually moves us forward instead of just creating more division?

70 comments

• grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    ....or is no one interested in unity because it is WAAAAAAY easier to just beat each other up all the time than find a common ground?

Let's start... we all like strip clubs. Can we agree that mostly naked to naked women entertaining you is a common ground for us all?

as a stripper, I know I like to entertain... and make money... so can we all agree on that one point? strip clubs are good.... we can differ on nude vs topless... extras vs stage... or whatever.. but at least as a foundation, can we all agree on that?
  • skibum609
    2 days ago
    If this was a country filled with Americans, less the 50 million+ legal and immigrants invading us since 1990, we might agree, but no borders = no country, so there is no longer a place known as "America", just some fucked up place that used to be great. America equates to going to a full-nude extras club, with reasonably priced alcohol in 2019 and then coming back after the pandemic and discovering that it's now a juice bar with dancers in bikinis and no CR.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    That is the biggest cop out answer ever... seriously.. that is just total fucking bullshit.

Ad hominem? Stop being stupid and I will stop calling you that... you are smarter than this... start acting like it...

that is just fucking stupid... Try again.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    Just... seriously.. .that is just fucking stupid.

Idiot.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    yes, there is a tremendous irony in my post that calls for unity... but it probably speaks to a larger point.. if all parties are not engaging in this puruit in good faith... is it possible...

Stop being so fucking stupid.... unless you actually are... which you aren't... WHAT THE FUCK... you are not that stupid.. I know that... so why do you act that way in public?????
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    GOD DAMMIT... America doesn't exist because of FUCKING IMMIGRANTS>..

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.... GOD DAMMIT...

STOP BEING STUPID... but then.. I guess you ARE the problem now aren't you....

STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
    STOP BEING STUPID
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    Seriously.. if you can't tell... that was just a STUPID FUCKING PREMISE which has no merit in discussion... so just shut the fuck up until you can add something THAT IS NOT FUCKING STUPID....

Ad hominem... absolutely.. you bet...

STOP BEING STUPID and I WLLL STOP CALLING YOU STUPID.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    GOD DAMMIT.... ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!! The stupid.. it burns....
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    I mean.. if you honestly beleve that then what is the point... I mean, I love America... you. maybe not so much...

... or you are too stupid to breathe...

one or the other...
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    Triggered a lefty?

Yes.

Stupid has a way of doing that to me...
  • IWantHerOnMe
    2 days ago
    @grrlgonebad Why did you even subject yourself to this LOLOL. I wish I could mute the political forum these conversations are remedial as hell.
  • dustyj
    2 days ago
    Believe it or not illegal immigrants commit crimes at a much lower rate than American citizens. They actually contribute greatly to our economy, pay taxes and work jobs that most of us would never work. Thinking that immigrants are our biggest problem is just believing a bunch of nonsense put out there by Trump etc. Billionaires price gauging on everything and fucking us all over is by far the bigger problem.
  • Puddy Tat
    2 days ago
    ^ Yeah, we all know corporations only become profit maximizing entities to spite Democrats. Lol the left's attempts to deflect blame from Bidenflation are fucking pathetic!
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    America doesn't exist.. you heard it here first...

Maybe patriotic Americans see it a bit differently... since... you know.. my family came from Ireland, Italy and Germany.... but you know... we have been here a while...

Maybe Americans who don't buy into the dark rhetoric of the extreme far right believe we are still a pretty good place, worth salvaging...

Not so Mr Skibum though... it is all a loss.. not worth saving because it is already gone. America doesn't exist... you heard it here...

Now, how about the rest of you actual patriotic Americans who believe that this is a pretty nice place to live?
  • Meshuggah
    2 days ago
    I just know after 9/11, we were united.
  • twentyfive
    2 days ago
    I’ve traveled quite a bit been to a lot of different countries and for my money this country is still the best place to live.
  • shailynn
    2 days ago
    It has been said that a society is past its peak and on the downward slope when education has become too expensive for the masses. We are past that peak point now.

Access to social media, instant news, and how quickly people pick up on fake news and think it’s real has only intensified the deep divide in this country. Thanks to Facebook, Twitter, TikTok now everyone has a voice. Sounds great right? Unfortunately IMO it’s only made the divide worse.
  • Puddy Tat
    2 days ago
    Unity? No. Nazi Germany was united. Could they get things done? Yes. But they were horrible, destructive things. Same with Putin's Russia. They have unity right now and are metastasizing as a result.

America has always squabbled, always said "you are not the boss of me" and "you ain't no gooder than me." Even when we've had a common enemy, whether Communism or Radical Islam, we've fought tooth and nail over how to fight them.

Republics are messy, and that's part of what makes us great.
  • ATACdawg
    2 days ago
    We are ALL immigrants or descended from immigrants. My great, great, great, great.......grandfather came to this country from France before it was even a country (~1720). Immigrants who came to this country for a better life are the very soul of the United States.

The apartment complex where we lived for two years before we bought our house here was a veritable united nations. Thirty-three people lived in our apartment before us so they could afford the rent in Alexandria on the jobs that they could get. There were hundreds of kids, and we never got anything but total respect from any of them.

When I lived in Jacksonville, there was a man who worked as a custodian cleaning the shipyard's toilets. He had been a captain in the Iranian air force and had escaped the Ayatollah's secret police with his family. He went to night school and got a business degree - he ended up in the yard's accounting department.

The majority of the contractors who work in my area are Hispanic. They work hard, in all kinds of conditions and offer excellent work at a fair price.

So my take is that these immigrants, legal or not, are often the best of us and as often as not are the very underpinning of our society. I welcome them!

Just my 2¢.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    So it seems the more moderate voices seem to think that there is something worth saving... America is worth it... while the voices from the right just want to throw up their hands and blame some brown people for ruining their white male paradise...

Talk about babies... if they can't have it all... they are taking their ball and going home.

...rather than be adults and look for common ground.. find solutions...

nope.. they want to cry about it... snowflakes... melting at the first sign of everything not being tilted to their every advantage...
  • Puddy Tat
    2 days ago
    ^ LOL, I'm no moderate, but I love the shit out of this country. I might not like certain elements of it (including our permissive border) but the whole thing and our capacity to fix and self-correct is amazing.
  • grrlgonebad
    2 days ago
    hey.. I am with you Pud! not all on the extreme right are... CAN YOU HEAR ME SKIBUM?
  • gammanu95
    2 days ago
    First, 100% of illegal aliens are criminals. Not all criminals are illegal aliens, but all illegal aliens are criminals. That is indisputable fact. They continue to be criminals and commit a serious criminal offense every day they are in this country.

Second,
  • wallanon
    2 days ago
    Looks like they finally tracked down gammanu95's hidden lair lol...news at 11
  • Icey
    2 days ago
    I think we need to become more divided. We have to show the right that their bigotry wont be accepted and there wont be any discussion because their bigotry has no place in society. Theyre despicable lowlifes and should always be treated as such.

Ie non-federal aid for hurricane victims who vote Republican 😂 😭
  • Puddy Tat
    2 days ago
    ^ So says the admitted pothead non-contributing criminal misfit. Lulz
  • gammanu95
    2 days ago
    America has always had fundamentally divided views. English loyalists v Revolutionaries. Those who wanted s string federal government, a weak central government, or an American monsrchy. Slave states v free states and then confederate v union And so on through history. There was even one pacifist member of congress who voted against declaring war on Imperial Japan after they attacked Pearl Harbor.

I think what changed is, broadly, is that the oversaturation of opinion news media and niche news media allows Americans to live in bubbles and echo chambers without ever hearing an opposing opinion or conflicting facts. Compound that with two generations - millennials and Zoomers- who were never told " no" and got participation trophies. They expect things given to them based upon their desire and not upon merit or even an actual need.

That ties into the final aspect of why Americans are unable to compromise and seek reconciliation for unity- everybody wants theirs, and doesn't care how. Now, this is largely the fault of boomers and Gen X- two generations of product managers who sacrificed process and quality control for quantity and profit (i.e. " get it done, I don't care how). This isn't only freebies for legal and illegal immigrants, student loan forgiveness for the lazy and underemployed, or free loans for home purchases and business start ups. This is politics as a career, instead of a service. This is lobbyists commanding the highest salaries in the wealthiest zip code (DC). This is a willingness to falsely demonize a conservative as a white supremacist and a rape victim seeking an abortion as a murderess.

If people were willing to argue facts instead of lies and mischaracterizations during political discourse, it would be much easier to find common ground. Unfortunately, too many people attack those who disagree instead of challenging their ideas. I've been saying that on here for a long time.
  • gammanu95
    2 days ago
    No, although my Fortress-office of Solitude was intruded upon by another result of Hurricane Milton's aftermath. I am already sick of this damned storm and it's stupid name.
  • wallanon
    2 days ago
    Put some respect on Milton's name. And don't mess with his red stapler.
  • Puddy Tat
    2 days ago
    ^ I keep thinking of Milton from Office Space. But your second last post is pretty well said, click driven media model keeps people in self-amplifying echo chambers.
  • skibum609
    2 days ago
    Grllgonebad - seems intent on proving that the stupidest thing American ever did was enacting the 19th amendment. I am guessing one of the progressive retards here made up a profile, got some pics of the internet and voila, the dickless wonder is not a bitch in heat.
  • misterorange
    2 days ago
    ^^ Agree. That profile has "troll" written all over it.
  • dustyj
    a day ago
    Inflation is a huge issue for racist old white men right Skibum. That is the main demographic that is so concerned with immigrants.
  • dustyj
    a day ago
    Immigrants not inflation
  • dustyj
    a day ago
    Just guessing that most of the immigrant concerns on here are coming from white men between the ages of 55 to 80.
  • Puddy Tat
    a day ago
    ^ Hurr durr durr RRRRAAAACCCCIIISSSTTT!!!1!1!1
  • RonJax2
    a day ago
    > So, my question is, how do we start finding that unity again?

The key thing we're lacking right now is a shared set of facts. What's responsible, IMHO, for the asymmetric hyperpolarization of our politics is in the last two decades, is in short, disinformation on social media.

In most of post-WWII America, most people got their facts from reputable TV journalists and news publications. Since the dawn of the millennium our information diets have slowly been polluted by personally tailored social media feeds and algorithms that seek to amplify outrageous content because outrageous content gets more engagement.

Take the immigration sidebar you're having as en example. I doubt most participants here could agree on answers to any of these factually verifiable questions:

- How many undocumented immigrants exist currently in the US?
    - What net impact does immigration have on our economy?
    - Are immigrants eligible for welfare in the US?
    - From which countries are we seeing the biggest surge in immigration?

Reasonable people can agree or disagree healthily over which policies should be drawn based on the facts. But you can't have a reasonable discussion with someone on the topic of immigration if you don't start with a common understanding of the facts.

What do we do about this problem is tough. I think at a minimum, we need to repeal Section 230, which shields big tech companies from liability. I think if someone posts your intimate photos without consent, if they defame you, if a defamatory post sparks stochastic terror on a school or a church, these situations should be grounds for torts against the carrier, especially if they can be shown to be negligent in some way.

I also think we need to take a 'bootstraps' approach to the problem of information diets, and demand more from ourselves and each other. We should be asking ourselves and each other: What reputable news sources do you subscribe to? What are you doing to reduce your social media intake?
  • RonJax2
    a day ago
    And as an aside, I'm not sure which user, but I have someone in this thread blocked for sure. I see a lot of people arguing with themselves and it's hilarious.
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    Grl - Ihear your ignorance and stupidity loud and clear. Stop shouting you stupid asshole. Immigration is poison to America. As far as all of us being immigrants? Fuck you. We've been here over 200 years on both sides of my family. No fucking immigrants here. Native born. As far as unity? Fuck progressives, fuck immigration but no fucking fikthy skanks so that lets you out GRRL. Was that plain enough for ya ignoramus?
  • IWantHerOnMe
    a day ago
    Only people I mute are people who write crap reviews and people who get political in the non political section. I suspect the person lighting this thread on fire is in the latter category and I can’t see who it is either.

I also have a special distaste for people who I doubt would take the same tone in person they do on a strip club board. This why I just want to post reviews, get some intel and be left alone, I don’t want to meet you people in person or chit chat.

If I learned anything on this board it’s the naked stupidity, hypocrisy, degeneracy, cowardice and exploitive nature of a ton of dudes who hit strip clubs, the stereotype is totally fair.
  • IWantHerOnMe
    a day ago
    I don’t know why any of y’all would want to talk to anyway for the record I’m black from the inner city and male, you don’t want to fuck me so FYI you have no use for me. That should keep you out my PMs with the hey buddy bullshit. And yes I’m talking to whoever thinks I’m talking to them. I’m like one of those black guys. If you don’t have a question or a comment about a dancer or club please leave me be.
  • Icey
    a day ago
    From what Ive seen on here. Once people meet up their personal info gets passed on in DMs and is used to attack them and other creepy shit.

And theres no point in unity of any sort with bigots. Peoples existence and rights are not up for debate.

The whole social justice is bigotry against bigots spiel is nonsensical
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    Social justice is what ignorants bigots call their vile, hateful set of beliefs. Progressives are the epitome of the unrepentant bigot. What progressives call rights is no different than animal farm - all animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others. That is the basis of progressive politics. Example: Progressives find violence against woman and rape abhorrent ....except when its disguting muslim men raping, gang raping and murdering Jewish women. Then it is social justice in action.
    RONJAX - hit the nail on the head except for one thing: there are no reputable news sources any longer. Read both sides and use common sense to get at something similaer to a fact.
    As far as meeting up? I've met people. No one dimed anyone. You can tell the Desires crew is into strip-clubbing because we've never had a meet and there are a lot of us here.
  • Puddy Tat
    a day ago
    @RonJax - "What reputable news sources do you subscribe to?"

What reputable news sources exist? The legacy MSM has dropped even the pretense of objectivity. The FBI crime stats (like we're seeing in recent revisions) and economic statistics (in which growth keeps getting revised down and unemployment revised up) can't be taken seriously either. At least the right wing ecosystem doesn't pretend to be something other than what they are.

I read arguments from both sides, left (NYT, Salon, the Nation, WaPo, MSNBC, The Guardian), right (Fox, National Review, NYP, WSJ), and some who post from both sides (RealClearPolitics, Politico, the Hill) and judge the arguments on their merits...who is appealing to emotions, trying to pass off snide remarks as facts, gaslighting, or not telling the whole truth (admittedly, this last one is everyone).

That makes me a conservative 90% of the time.
  • RonJax2
    a day ago
    > What reputable news sources exist?

You just named a bunch of them below. Just because a publication has editorial bias doesn't mean it's not reputable, and standards based.

I reject the idea that we have to reject crime stats or economic statistics. These are exactly the kind of evidence we should all embrace in informing ourselves. To me what you're saying sounds like regular old confirmation bias: you're rejecting these things because they challenge your prior opinions.

> That makes me a conservative 90% of the time.

I'd argue for you or I or anyone else there's much more at work than "I read the news and here's what my opinions are." Your upbringing, social circles, geographical region, even your breeding pattern (r versus K for science nerds) all play a role in whether you view the world conservatively or liberally.

And what's more, there's a time and a place for conservative policy, and the same goes for liberal policy. I think it's foolish to think either perspective has a lockdown on the right proscriptions to every set of problems.
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    Politics are shaped by environment and subject to change. As Winston Churchill once said: "If you are under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you are over 30 and are a liberal, you have no brain." Still true.
  • Puddy Tat
    a day ago
    @RonJax

"You just named a bunch of them below. Just because a publication has editorial bias doesn't mean it's not reputable, and standards based."

It means it is not to be taken at its word, and needs to be counterbalanced. If it's trading on a reputation it has since forsaken, it is not reliable.

"To me what you're saying sounds like regular old confirmation bias: you're rejecting these things because they challenge your prior opinions."

Asserted without evidence. When everything is skewed and stealth-edited to benefit one side, that is evidence of systemic bias, not human error.

"I'd argue for you or I or anyone else there's much more at work than "I read the news and here's what my opinions are.""

I agree with this--and I think it goes even further to balances of neurotransmitters and genes that go back into the womb--but it isn't helpful because everyone has them. I can defend anything I believe, or I change my mind.

There may be a time and a place for either kind of policy, but I see what works and what doesn't and form my opinions accordingly.
  • CJKent₋band
    a day ago
    Who has dick pics to trade?
  • mickey48066
    a day ago
    Rox Jax, traitor to this country asked "how do we find unity again?"
    Answer: we don't. Those who think it's OK for these deadly, diseased illegal parasites to be here are the enemy. Those who screech on behalf of black criminals like Saint George, Saint Breanna and the rest are the enemy. Those who have pushed people who work and don't commit crimes to the back of the line are the enemy. Those who support sick transgender deviants are the enemy.
    An enemy cannot cease to be an enemy. Enemies are permanent. Unity cannot be achieved with enemies, ever.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a day ago
    You know how we think the P4P chicks who tell us we gotta wear a rubber are the worst ones? But they're really the best ones for us? Apply that lesson when you vote.
  • ATACdawg
    a day ago
    I don't think that we need unity; what is needed is civility

That, simply stated, is allowing others to hold beliefs that we don't necessarily agree without feeling the need to call them morons, assholes or any other terms that devalues them as human beings.
  • twentyfive
    20 hours ago
    ^ 👍
    yep civility is much more important, unity is greatly overrated.
  • motorhead
    20 hours ago
    Is it ironic the country had a “civil” war to maintain “unity”
  • skibum609
    18 hours ago
    Everybody is too hysterical over politics right now. The simple fact is that I am on the right, open about and feel people on the left fail to see reality and really have no idea on how to govern. I live in one of the bluest areas of the country, am a right-wing male in a left-wing woman dominated profession, and the bar association here is so liberal they make Bernie Sanders almost seem like a human being. I manage to survive just fine. We're all fine, its the future generations who will get none of the benefits whom we chated, not us. No borders, no country. No Constitution, no democracy, but most of all the worst thing America lost was respect for the law. A nation without laws is called...Yemen.
  • gammanu95
    16 hours ago
    The United States cannot be united in all things. That is why the 10th amendment delegating powers and laws to the individual states is the most important.

Also, I think ideological differences are like weather patterns. Differing temperatures create rain. Too much difference plus unstable atmospheres create tornadoes. Too much homogeny creates hurricanes. However, the right amount of contrast drives growth and creativity. Growth and creativity are the engines of American greatness.
  • CJKent_band
    14 hours ago
    @grrlgonebad

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

Our human specie is not divided by country, race, color, gender, or religion.

Our human specie is divided into wise humans and fools.

And fools divide themselves by country, race, color, gender, or religion.

There is something inherently good in all human beings, deriving from, among other things, the attribute of social consciousness that we all possess.

And, yes, there is also something inherently bad in all humans.

Good humans do not need laws, religion, books etc etc to tell them to act responsibly…

While bad humans will find a way around the laws. religions, books etc to act irresponsibly and do evil things.

Each day is a
    NEW BEGINNING,
    new strength,
    new hope
    and new thoughts,
    take a deep breath and
    start over.

Let’s be careful out there

:D
  • JamesSD
    11 hours ago
    The US really needs to figure out how to fight online Russian propaganda. So much of it can be traced directly to Russia trying to divide their biggest rival
  • RonJax2
    11 hours ago
    @JamesSD

The problem we have no is we have malign influence operations that are domestic and doing the same thing as the Russian propagandists. And given that propaganda operations are all using AI now, it's increasingly difficult to spot organized inauthentic behavior.

What I wish everyone would understand better is that it's not the influence campaigns on "your side" that radicalize and divide people. It's the opposite. Russian or domestic propagandists will cook up fake radical left accounts in order to polarize conservative voters and vice versa. People end up going off the polarization deep end because they're convinced the "other side" is just as radical.
  • Puddy Tat
    11 hours ago
    "The US really needs to figure out how to fight online Russian propaganda."

Russia Russia Russia is the left's all purpose excuse for failure and avoiding introspection. $150,000 worth of Facebook ads didn't tip the balance over Hollary's utterly butt-brained campaign.

Perhaps, instead of Russia, it's your own ideas and attempts to divide the country by race, sex, gender identity, and any other demographic characteristic that are the cause for strife, and not Russia???
  • RonJax2
    9 hours ago
    > Russia Russia Russia is the left's all purpose excuse for failure and avoiding introspection. $150,000 worth of Facebook ads didn't tip the balance over Hollary's utterly butt-brained campaign.

@puddy: Russian interference in the 2016 election amounted to substantially more than $150k in ads. They had an army of fake social media accounts across numerous platforms, from 4Chan to Reddit to Facebook, spreading extremist left and right propaganda and an entire agency devoted to these operations. Their attack included sophisticated successful hacking operations of the DNC and subsequent dump of the documents. Read the fucking facts man, it's all in the Muller report: https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/fil…

Whether you would choose to see it or not Russia had a significant effect on 2016, and they continue to this day to attempt to meddle in our elections by dividing us with propaganda.

> Perhaps, instead of Russia, it's your own ideas and attempts to divide the country by race, sex, gender identity, and any other demographic characteristic that are the cause for strife, and not Russia???

No one in this thread, except you, has attempted to divide the conversation over any kind of identity politics.

And in any case, this is exactly what I'm talking about with how propaganda works. It seems like you're a sucker for it, because you believe in this terrible strawman of a leftist, and stereotype everyone who leans left accordingly. You've done it to me numerous times, attributed to me beliefs I don't hold because you've bought into propaganda and the fake leftist spam on social media.

• Puddy Tat
    8 hours ago
    ^ So because i pointed out the obvious, and it doesn't agree with you, i have to be under the influence of Russian propaganda? Unless they've hacked and are secretly controlling all the left wing sources i read, I'm getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

Are you saying Russia was playing both sides? Because only one has been flogging it and calling EVERYTHING they don't like Russian propaganda. Get real, man.
  • JamesSD
    7 hours ago
    No, it's Russia. Russia does play both sides, especially on race and gender issues. They just want the US divided
  • JamesSD
    7 hours ago
    One of the biggest goals of Russian interference is to amplify the most extreme positions, making moderates not want to discuss politics and policy, and disengage from the political process
  • Puddy Tat
    7 hours ago
    ^ I guess Russia controls most major urban newspapers, The Nation, Salon, Mother Jones, the American Prospect, the New Republic, and a host of other left wing publications from which i regularly read articles.

Lol it's all Russia because if it were the radical left that's wagging the Democratic party dog, that would be unthinkable...right...?
  • RonJax2
    7 hours ago
    > Are you saying Russia was playing both sides?

Yes, dude. 100% that is the point I was trying to make. Take a look at some examples here: https://medium.com/arc-digital/russian-p…

There's definitely a ton of divisive right wing content, and as you can see, tons of left wing content.

The broader point I'm trying to make is what radicalizes you isn't the content on "your side". The dystopian divisiveness of the left-wing propaganda is meant to radicalize conservatives. And the extremist right-wing content is designed to inflame liberals. People get this backwards always.

Stated another way: in 2016, you weren't the target audience for all the Clinton Cash posts. The posts that targeted you were the ones complaining about inequality or the posts made to r/occupywallstreet.
  • JamesSD
    7 hours ago
    The radical left constantly whines about the fact they have no power. Half the Squad got primaried out. Nearly every Democrat is a hardcore capitalist
  • Puddy Tat
    7 hours ago
    @RonJax - now, did that amount of troll accounts and posts tip the election? I'm placing asymmetrical blame on this because I ONLY ever hear the left blaming it for their failures, as if Russia is united and full-throated in support of Trump. You're saying something that would get you burned at the stake in leftist circles.

I'm not just talking memes, I'm talking columnists from "respectable" media who are saying this shit. Is it Russian propaganda that Harris was the farthest-left Senator during her time in office? Is BLM Russian propaganda? Or that American radicals call punctuality and hard work "acting white" and looting "reparations"? Or that she and Walz support removing most restrictions on sex change surgeries? That shit is out there and on the record. Can't blame Russia for all that...though I'd bet anyone here $10,000 that within 10 years we'll see a foreign actor (probably China) behind BLM.

In the end, we have to look at ourselves. Social media algorithms are going to have a thousand times the influence Russia does. Like I've said that's why I read stuff from all sides and make judgments on the arguments. I'm more vocal than I used to be but hardly "radicalized"...I've been pro-choice for only the last 10 years or so, support tax reforms on both sides, and think it's laughable to say it's easier to be black than white in America.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if we, Russia, China, Israel, and anyone with means isn't sticking their noses in everyone else's elections.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 hours ago
    "The radical left constantly whines about the fact they have no power."

They act like getting only 80% of what they want is a travesty. They're not a majority, even of Democrats, but their donors and activists provide the party's money and energy. The radical left papers (some of which I mentioned above) have lavished praise on Biden for being progressive, even while he ran as a "centrist."

Harris was the most left Senator (more than avowed socialist Sanders) during her time in the Senate, whose 2020 policy platform which she didn't even backtrack on until a couple months ago involved decriminalizing illegal immigration, outlawing private health insurance, defunding the police (so much for "law and order"!), banning fracking, EV mandates, reparations...an overall left wet dream...and who chose arguably the farthest-left governor as VP.

That is not the nominee of a moderate or even center-left party.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion