tuscl

Only partisan Dems give a shit about Jan 6

37 comments

• RonJax2
    7 days ago
    There are two types of people who "don't care" about the insurrection of Jan 6th:

1. People who are so disengaged with the news and politics that they aren't going to vote and don't matter from an electoral perspective.
    2. Members of the cult of Donald Trump. No one's going to convince these people that dear leader did something terrible.

To everyone else, it matters significantly. I would point, as an example, to the recent letter by more than 100 former republican officials who have pointed to Jan 6th as a disqualifying reason for Trump to hold another term. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world…

In short, anyone who cares about the vitality and stability of our republic cares deeply about the man who tried to overthrow it.
  • twentyfive
    7 days ago
    ^ 👍👍👍👍👍
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^^ Ah, the typical Democratic mentality of "we know better than you."

Selfie sticks, grandmothers in wheelchairs, and viking helmets don't make an "insurrection."

Obviously millions see things differently from you. But please keep flogging it.
  • RonJax2
    7 days ago
    > But please keep flogging it.

Bro, you posted the thread. Self awareness just doesn't seem to be your thing sometimes. If you don't want to talk about the insurrection on Jan 6, don't be posting threads about J6.
  • dickdecker
    7 days ago
    WTF… people storming the US capitol and breaking in a mass mob. Fuck yeah I think it’s a problem. This is the shit you see on TV in 3rd world countries. Don’t care if you’re R or D…. I got no tolorence for that.

• Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    "Bro, you posted the thread. Self awareness just doesn't seem to be your thing sometimes."

My self-awareness is roughly 1,000x your reading comprehension.
    Everyone here is a partisan Democrat, hurt over the fact that REAL AMERICANS don't give a flying fuck about it.

Please tell your girl Harris to keep campaigning on that. Who knows, it might distract from her far-left VP and the far-left agenda she promoted until 5 minutes ago ;-)
  • wld4tatas
    7 days ago
    The storming of the Capitol was a dark day in American history, but even darker was the plot behind the scenes to overturn the election:

- Trump's effort to coerce Mike Pence not to certify the election results
    - Trump's effort to get the Justice Department to falsely announce it had found election fraud
    - The fake electors plot intended to, on the false basis that there had been election fraud, replace electors certified by their states and re-cast their Electoral College votes for Trump

Forget about the mob on January 6. There was a real, insidious plot to overturn the 2020 election by Trump and his loyalists.
  • Puddy Tat
    7 days ago
    ^ Expected from another partisan Democrat. This has little to do with how either would make Americans' lives better.
  • drewcareypnw
    6 days ago
    “Jan 6 bad” is not a partisan view. Trumps vice president, First Lady, Secretary of State, and attorney general, as well the gop senate majority leader, joint chiefs of staff, and George freakin w bush all condemned the Jan 6 attack.

Fuckin libtards, every one!
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ Hell I condemned it. It was disgraceful. It's also stupid low on voters' priority lists.
  • funonthaside
    6 days ago
    People seem to forget there were Democrats burning down buildings in the neighborhoods where they live, and destroying police cars. But, yeah....it's only the R's that act inappropriately.
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ 54 years of Jan 6's to approach the damage of the Floyd Riots. But Gwen Walz wanted to inhale the smoke from burning tires because it was the smell of history or something, lol.
  • jaybud999
    6 days ago
    God damn puddy. What little academic respect I had for you is now gone.

Jesus dude. You're better than this. Your position is weak and not supportable at a table of any form of academic endeavor.

You can smash away on the "other sides" positions and arguments, but trying to support your position with a post of responses from run of the mill tards' is laughable.

Do better dude.

I'll do better at my trolling as well.
  • drewcareypnw
    6 days ago
    @puddy: you are right, it was disgraceful.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the retards burning their own neighborhoods don’t vote. Because they’re retards.

Not even us dems like them, except the minority of co-retards that say shit like “it’s their right of self expression to burn their own city because of systematic disenfranchisement and the effects of the capitalist society and my feminist studies professor says that bla bla bla and why are you o my looking at my tits??? My eyes are up HERE”

• wld4tatas
    6 days ago
    Notice how quickly Repubs try to shift discussion away from the plot by Trump and his loyalists to overturn the election results. They want to distract and keep the focus on the mob attack on the Capitol and make comparisons with other events like the Floyd riots.

Trump tried to steal the 2020 election.
  • Mrsuntan
    6 days ago
    What's most telling is the sheer number of high level Republicans who are warning against Trump, from Dick Cheney all the way to to several members of Trump's OWN ADMINISTRATION! You know, people he himself chose and who are now telling us that he's too dangerous to be in power. But yeah, only partisan Democrats care about 1/6.
  • JamesSD
    6 days ago
    A lot of moderates and independents care about Jan 6.
  • Nebulay
    6 days ago
    Veteran non partisan Independent here. I think Jan 6th was a disgrace and you are a sad excuse for an American. Stop looking for attention and cast your ballot, then move on.
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ...lots of "but _I_ care!!!" And "they're idiots because they don't agree with me!!!"

A year and a half ago, "it's time to move on."
    https://www.wdsu.com/article/jan-6-natio…
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ame…
  • skibum609
    6 days ago
    January 6th was nowhere near as despicable as the looting, rioting and savagery of the animals during the pandemic in the George Floyd urban terrorism attacks. Non-partisan = fucking left wing fraud.
    Amazing how the ignoramus hypocrites on the left ignore CHOP, probably because everything else they do; it failed and focused on a few people protesting at the White House where the Police murdered a woman, among the 4 protsters killed by the left. Sort of like when Bill Clinton murdered all those people in Waco.
  • drewcareypnw
    6 days ago
    Ski: I live in Seattle, and the chop is my old neighborhood from my 20s. It was a stupid fucking idea by a bunch of spoiled rich tech workers and college kids. That neighborhood has been a playground for the ultra woke south lake union (Amazon, Google, meta are a few blocks away) crowd and nearby private university crowd for many years and is unaffordable to normal Seattleites.

So the little shitheels thought they were pretty cute claiming their neighborhood was outside the law. Then the drug dealers started killing each other in the park and the asshole cop union said “not our problem”.

It was a stupid and shameful period in our city which is now thankfully long over and anyone with 1/2 a brain here will tell you that. Even us dems.
  • gammanu95
    6 days ago
    While not an entirely scientific sampling, and acknowledging funonthaside as the sole outlier, the responses to this post prove the theory that only partisan Dems (this includes RINOs) give a shit about January 6th, 2021.
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ 100%. Lots of self-proclaimed centrists who barf back the Democratic party line on cue.
  • twentyfive
    6 days ago
    Problem here is the facts aren’t in dispute, it’s just the interpretation of the facts, that matters.
    The other part of the problem is that nobody here has called the MAGA group idiots despite puddys claims, let’s not pretend any more that there’s a conversation to be had, with idiots who deny what your eyes can obviously see.
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ People see, they just don't care. They care about who's going to grow the economy, put food on their table, and not give them PTSD every time they head to the grocery store.
  • twentyfive
    6 days ago
    ^ you’re going to find out what people care about on Tuesday November 5 until then give it a rest
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ Yes we will. But this will be a tiny, tiny part of the equation.
  • skibum609
    6 days ago
    25 years from now, amidst the smoking ruins and the stench 0f 150 million dead, people will look back and think that January 6th was our last chance to save the world...Drew - I get it, but it's still no different and I am also going to mention the left's terrorist attacks against the Federal Courthouse in Portland for 2 months. Of course we have Jamaal Bowman pull a fire alarm to prevent vote in Congress, but gee whiz that's ok and just part of the democratic process....right?
  • rickmacrodong
    6 days ago
    The klan rallies had less people killed, and less property damage done than the BLM rallies. Yet there was a petition with millions of signatures complaining about why the Kkk isn’t officially designated as a terrorist group. The real reason was because the government believes a terrorist group needs to have foreign actor’s involved to be labelled as such. But the people signing the petition, many of them, believed it was because america is white supremacist and biased in favor of white supremacist groups.

There’s no such petition regarding BLM or Antifa, even though for the last 10 years, theyve committed far more murders and caused more property damage than any of the white supremacist groups.

The implications of it are clear. There’s huge segments of the population who want to set different standards depending on the political party or races of the people involved. Wearing a white ghost costume but not physically harming anyone, or simply engaging in racist speech = worse than blowing up buildings and businesses and attacking people.
    Jan 6 is somehow worse than billions in property damage and hundreds killed and likely thousands beaten/injured, simply because Jan 6 was right wingers and BLM were mostly left wingers.

• drewcareypnw
    6 days ago
    I’m not sure it’s “no different”, but assume it is for the sake of argument. It’s shitty behavior either way and the instigators and perpetrators deserve shitty consequences.
  • Puddy Tat
    6 days ago
    ^ I don't disagree (and you're definitely one of the most reasonable liberals here), but it's just not on people's radar. The economy is #1, immigration is up there, and the most Dem-friendly issue is abortion (people don't like having rights taken away, whether it's abortion or guns).

Jan 6 is a partisan Democrat concern.
  • skibum609
    6 days ago
    ^^ I could agree that all the events we have discussed are bad and I would add in unamerican. I just find it appalling that my state pays millions upon millions of dollars to print ballots in 17 fucking languages; so when people complain about danger to democracy and support open borders then I refuse to condemn Jan 6 as a danger to democracy, which is just pure bullshit.
  • wld4tatas
    5 days ago
    ^ An exceedingly rare post from skibum I can partly agree with. A ballot in 17 languages seems a bit crazy. If you are going to vote in the US you should learn enough English to understand a ballot. Maybe Spanish as a second language at most. Other languages could have online instructions or guides if needed.
  • Muddy
    5 days ago
    Puddy I can’t see the video but I agree with Glenn Greenwald here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOfacGuFu…

As far that 1. Not an insurrection they would be armed let’s not kid ourselves. 2. You can’t hold Trump liable for that riot, he said proceed “peacefully and patrioticly” they always cut that out. But 3. Those rioters beating up on those capitol police officers they gotta go jail. We don’t do business like that here.

Btw literally every night in these crazy ass Dem run cities way wilder shit goes on and way more people die, not a peep.
  • Muddy
    5 days ago
    Look at this shit right here from this guy. You have people walkin go around like this that think January 6th was worse than 9/11. Put the crack pipe down.
  • Puddy Tat
    5 days ago
    ^ Lincoln project are a bunch of pedophiles. Fuck them. A rally got out of control.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion