tuscl

Questions for Wisconsin mongers

DrStab
Motor City
I’m hoping to make a pilgrimage to Green Bay to see a game at Lambeau.

Wondering if anyone has club recommendations along the route from Milwaukee?

Also was thinking of a road trip through Michigan’s Upper Peninsula on the way… what is up with Hurley, Wisc and why do they have so many strip clubs?

Best regards.

8 comments

• mark94
    5 days ago
    It’s been years since I’ve been to any northern wisconsin clubs but I’m guessing, if you are from Detroit, you’ll be incredibly disappointed. Entirely different experience and not in a good way.
  • ilbbaicnl
    5 days ago
    A few years ago, in Peoria, I got dances from a black dancer who said she was from Manitowoc. She was only in Peoria for a couple of weeks. Gave a good dance, nothing wild. She didn't say what her home club was.
  • ATACdawg
    3 days ago
    The Oval Office in Green Bay itself looks interesting!
  • DandyDan
    2 days ago
    Since you asked about Hurley, WI, there are two things I knew about Hurley long ago. It's an old mining town, which presumably attracted prostitution, and the mob had an interest in Hurley, being a border town. It's legacy probably lives on in today's strip clubs.
  • JayTeeDee
    17 hours ago
    Beansnappers in Appleton. No alcohol but fully nude -- and the dancers slide down a pole to the stage, like in a firehouse or the Bat Cave.
  • nicespice
    17 hours ago
    Hurley has a bunch of clubs because it’s a seasonal area during snowmobile season.
  • sinclair
    15 hours ago
    The novelty of Hurley is that there are seven strip clubs on one block in a tiny town. As DandyDan alluded, Ironwood across the border was an iron mining town up until the 1960's. The first block over the border into Wisconsin was the red light district for the miners, since the mines in Ironwood didn't want vices on their side of the border. Each of the current strip club buildings were set up like this: the first floor was a bar, the second floor was a brothel where the prostitutes also lodged, and the basement or backroom was a gambling hall. I think I read prostitution carried on until the 1940's in Hurley. Prohibition was completely ignored there.

All of the strip clubs in Hurley are pretty bad. I have seen some of the fattest and oldest dancers in my career there. The only time it might be worth going is during skiing/snowmobile season. That is when the most partiers are up there. You might get some better-looking traveling dancers coming through for a month or two. Revenue isn't good the rest of the year, and these clubs struggle to attract quality talent. A couple of the seven clubs will completely close for the months outside of winter. I should also mention there is no touching allowed at any of the Hurley strip clubs and tip walks are routine. My buddy, Bareback, did manage to pull a dancer for OTC years ago. He took her back to the cabin on the back of his snowmobile and barebacked her.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion