tuscl

Canceling Alerts?

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Thursday, August 8, 2024 2:29 AM
I'm not interested in getting an alert every time someone comments in a thread I started.
Is there any way to cancel alerts?

10 comments

• shadowcat
    a month ago
    I wish there was. I too don't like the alerts.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    If votes count - I don’t like the alerts either
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    Change your email address in your profile to a nonexistent address you’ll still get alerts but you won’t see them, you can also turn off notifications in your own email settings
  • Jascoi
    a month ago
    maybe that's why my phone beeps too much sometimes...
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    You guys must have had the alerts on before the last site update. I always had mine turned off, and I still don't get them. The ability to turn them off is probably a feature that will come back at some point.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    25, i'm not getting email alerts, the alerts are on site. Just now when I arrived here I have 14 new alerts since last night. Now I will have to delete each of them 1 at a time.

Orange, since i never cared about them i'm pretty sure that i also had them turned off prior to this new version but i can't 100% verify that now.

Founder, we need the option to turn them off!
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    @OSU - There is an option to delete them all at once. It says something like "clear all alerts". Hit it and you get a confirmation "Okay to delete all?" Hit yes and that's it. I can't verify the exact wording or locations because I don't have any alerts at the moment, but I've used it before.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    ^

I looked all over last night before I started this thread. Didn't find anything. I think that option is gone but I will look again right now.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    DUH!!!!!!! I looked on the alert page and it's right there in plain sight on the top right corner! I said it before, it might be time to get glasses, Lol
    Thanks orange, you da man!
  • Book Guy
    a month ago
    (a) alerts via email, which can be worked-around by the email-change methodmentioned

(b) alerts on Alerts web page at TUSCL, which only show up for topics which you STARTED, not necessarily merely replied to, and which can be batch deleted on that web page

I think :P ?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion