tuscl

more std talk

DickJohnson
Illinois
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:32 PM
since it seems a given that many of us have probably had sex with somebody whom already has an std, we just didn't know it b4hand, would any of you guys still hit it if you were told b4hand by a girl that she has herpes, hiv, hpv, etc...

22 comments

• arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    I would never EVER have sex with anybody that I knew had an STD of any kind. DUH ?? Maybe I misunderstood the question. Would ANYBODY do this? Surely not.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    uhh, no.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    NO!!! But, most of the guys and girls I know definitely would.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    This has to be a rhetorical question!
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    you do realize that anyone showing biological markers for HSV-1 (actually higher than two-thirds of the planet qualifying) (or aka cold sores) -would have an "STD" under your hypothetical?.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    HIV - no rational man would have sex with a woman who is a stranger known to carry HIV HPV - clearly a media hype job led by false and exaggerated headlines and story lead-ins, led by Merck who with great fanfare has produced a highly ineffective "vaccine" being pushed now to very young girls, a vaccine that in fact will not prevent female cancers probably in the majority of cases, a type of cancer itself that can be successfully screened and eliminated in most cases. The threat to males, very low. ans; maybe Herpes 2 - would avoid where possible Herpes 1 (showing markers) - ans: yes
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Well, I have been running my mouth on here about my "the devil may care attitude" but NO. If I new in advance that she had an STD, I would pass. Of the two dancers that I have had unprotected sex with in the last 12 months, neither were strangers to me. I had know them both for quite awhile and we(I) just finally threw caution to the wind.
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    No, but it is a moot question since you (almost) never know....
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Quite possibly. HIV - if she were on anti-retrovirals, had an undetectable viral load, used protection, and there were some long term relationship (no being her customer would not count). As for oral sex, protection would not be required. Herpes - If she were on Valtrex and was well educated regarding outbreaks and with protection and if there was an LTR. Otherwise decide on a case by case basis. For bacterial stuff: Would just wait for anti-biotics to clear it up. Doesn't take long. Hepatitis: Seriously not worth worrying about. Would hit it with a known carrier even w/o protection. HPV (GENITAL WARTS0: Quite possibly. Would have to have myself tested to see if I already have it, if not how contagious it is, etc. Point is: For each I would not categorically say "no". There would be a careful risk/benefit analysis. Go ahead and flame all you want!
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Oh, and for herpes, if I were getting married I would probably insist on Valtrex and avoiding sex during outbreaks, but otherwise I would forgo protection, and just accept that I would eventually get it.
  • DickJohnson
    16 years ago
    so you guys must query all your sexmates b4hand then...or maybe u just dont bring it up, dont wanna ruin the moment with any herpes talk....fact is it happens all the time, lots of guys/girls have lots of sex unknowingly with std carriers because they dont wanna broach the subject...which I'm sure includes many of us here. Now y'all say if you had that info b4hand you would never hit it. man im cracking up.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    NO, period.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Well in the case of strippers you are going to get exactly zero information by asking them, so why bother? Of course they aren't going to kill their business or risk rumors and panic spreading by saying "yes". And of course, although they surely get tested more often then your average woman, often they won't even know for sure themselves, or they will be told they are fine, when certain STDs have not been tested for. Maybe insisting on certified test results would be the way to go. Sort of like they do in the pr0n industry. Or in NV where the brothels workers get tested week, or bi-weekly or monthly or something.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    A big fuck no on this one.
  • DickJohnson
    16 years ago
    back to mhy original point....many of us are already sleeping with women , stripper or not, who have an std. Its ok as long as we dont know about it, but if we hear about it its a big hell no...we should all just say that yes we would sleep with someone who has an std because thats already happening, right?
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    I think that most people here, just like most of the general population really doesn't know much about STDs other than the message they hear in schools and the media which is to panic! My prediction is that if they found out that someone they were having sex with had some minor little STD (HPV, say) they would go and get educated, and there won't be as many knee-jerk reactions. (You'll see that very few here bother to explain their reasoning beyond "hell, no!".)
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Hi Bobbyl, I don't know much about STDs despite doing research on the subject. Yes, I'm in panic mode because of pictures that I've seen in books and on the internet. And, I got to see what I believe were genital warts protruding out of a dancer's asshole which added an extra dose of fear. Very disgusting, imo, and she did her best to hide it. She was otherwise super attractive and extremely willing. I've never experienced a cold sore on the lips, but I knew one man who had frequent outbreaks. He said he'd suffered with it since he was a young child and not only were the sores ugly, he said they were extremely painful. He went to different doctors and to them it was like well, cold sore aren't a big deal. He definitely disagreed, but for most people it is probably nothing. It just amazes me that the men and women that I know don't seem to have any concern about STDs. A pharmacy buddy assured me these diseases are real and people do come in with prescriptions to treat the diseases.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Sure, and you can get in accidents, even permanent very serious ones playing sports. But people still do it.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Well, it is like I'm afraid of rats while snakes are nice. Meanwhile the neighbors are deathly afraid of snakes (repeatedly demanding I kill the snakes in my yard) and don't care about rats at all. Which fear is more rational? I assumed the fear of rats is due to disease, but I don't know. Now, when a snake tries to bite, that gives a pause to me. Sports and permanent injury seems *far* more remote than getting an STD that gives endless suffering including the fear of spreading it to others. Still, I wouldn't be interested in mountain climbing or sky diving. Because of the moral issues for some people, I'm not very trusting of numbers regarding sex.
  • Shekitout
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat: you sure need to use spellcheck. You are definitely the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to critizing someone's spelling as atrocious as yours is most of the time. To parphrase Hollywood Henderson, Shadowcat couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' & the 'a'!
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    What a riot this discussion board is. I love it. Shekitout criticizes Shadowcat for criticizing other people's spelling when Shadowcat doesn't always spell every word right. But Shekitout can't spell "criticize" correctly. HAR HAR HAR. But give him credit - he spelled "atrocious" just fine.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    "we should all just say that yes we would sleep with someone who has an std because thats already happening, right?" You keep trying to change the subject of what you originally posted about. What you originally said was: "would any of you guys still hit it if you were told b4hand by a girl that she has herpes, hiv, hpv, etc..." If we knew ahead of time, some of us would say thanx, but no thanx...and you have a problem with that because why?? We don't need to explain our reasoning because it's obviously a no-brainer question to some of us...lol... Me thinks you just wanted to stir some shit up in the first place...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion