tuscl

Addicted to the Little Dog Story. Plus $35 per lb Stone Crabs Claws . . .

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:45 PM
Sad, sad, sad. One of the strippers over at Angels has as of late fixated on telling stories about her little dog. As the afternoon hour approaches I feel like I *need* my fix of hearing her talk about her little dog. Heck, because she has told me so much about him I feel that I need to meet the little pooch to satisfy my curiousity. Damn, stripper shit. :) I was going to try and stay home, but the neighbor kids are pushing to watch the NFL draft and in fact were over at noon because they thought that is when it started. Bonus round: I stop by to check out my neighbor's garage sale on the way to buy some stone crab claws. Unfortunately, for me she recommended another place where she buys them all the time. I must have asked her the price 4 or 5 times in a futile attempt to jog her memory or get a confession. She is like don't worry about it. I'm like damn straight I'm worried about it. She just gives me that look of contempt and I say ok I'll check 'em out, but I have to watch the pennies. She says she buys them all the time. They were just beautiful, but the cheapest ones were $28 a pound!!! That's out of my budget. I'm use to the $5 per pound claws just as I'm attached to the $5 dances. lol. :) She calls to ask how I like the claws and I said they were $28 a pound and that is way out of my budget. She is like you're joking right? $28 per pound she believes is cheap and it may be. They sure as hell looked mouthwatering. :) Long live $5 a pound claws and $5 per song dances or at least until I can afford to spend more. :) I'll bet my gambling stripper buys those $35 a pound claws since she's an aficionado of stone crab claws and doesn't mind spending non-stop. To me strip clubbing is all going frequently and hopefully getting to see and get a bunch of dances from the same hotties over and over. Who knows if I could afford the $25 per song dances I might like those even better. Oh, at least when I went those $25 songs at Tootsies were surprisingly short. If I normally buy 20, then to get the same amount of dances time wise it would be like 40 dances. OTOH, I think if a clubber isn't into buying dances Tootsies could be an extremely fun place even on a microbudget. :)

3 comments

• jablake
    16 years ago
    No little dog story today. :( Angels was completely dead and the women, a good number, were more depressed than I've ever seen them. (Dog story girl didn't want to talk at all--maybe she said 10 words including thank you.) Went to Secrets and there were only 3 dancers and they wanted to work at Angels (Angels according to these dancers and others is where the money's at). I told 'em NO, I just came from Angels and they have less customers than you! At first it was just disbelief. And, then as I started naming a few dancers and gave my "references" it was like what in the hell has happened. One of the dancers was telling me she was on "probation" i.e. should couldn't work at Angels until she served X amount of time at Secrets. I thought she going to cry. She ended up giving me some free dances that I truly didn't want. That is, imo, very dangerous and although Angels is, imo, a very positive good club (yes, it's a small dive) that treats customers right . . . Secrets has a different history and my trust of it isn't too high. I don't know if it is the location or the old timers at Angels, but the clubs are different. Secrets is supposed to be more upscale. Angels is reportedly more dangerous for dancers--high drama city. Surprise, surprise, the dancer actually gave me the free dances without trying any sleazy shit. I didn't enjoy the dances in the least because in that club it is just a bad situation getting a "free lunch." $1 per dance? I think that would have made her very happy, but who knows. I'll repeat: a very bad situation. :(
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    My memory of stone crabs is that it was a lot of work for a very little meat. (New Zealand bluff oysters are less work) On the dancer front, I think that you are getting the feeling that I sometimes have - that I am the only one supporting about 5 or 6 dancers; I do draw the line at listening to the little dog stories....
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Depends on the size of the stone crab claw. :) The ones my neighbor was buying might have weighed 2 pounds each or $70 for a single claw. The ones I buy typically are about 4 to a pound. That is a hell of a spread especially considering that I'm not buying the small ones. In fact, they're alleged to be large and yes they are large except compared to really large. Blue crab claws same deal, but the jumbo I haven't seen in decades. Normally, blue crab claws are small. Red tide can change that real quick. One claw might weigh as much as a half pound. Anyway, I'm getting a lot of meat without much work with the claws that I generally buy. Times aren't good for me and I expect much worse. Not being able to spend more to help them out during slow times is depressing, but that isn't the only problem. The government is a huge problem especially for the little clubs. Sometimes the dancers see it and will even complain about what is happening and other times it is more stealth. Even before the sudden drop off the owner had made the decision to bring the club to a fairly swift halt. No, it isn't all about the money when you got the government breathing down your neck for whatever reason or reasons.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion