tuscl

Bill Burr - ya or nay?

skibum609
Massachusetts
In the past 35 years my wife and I have had maybe 10-12 arguments and yesterday we figured out over post golf cocktails that, 50% have been about the most important subject in any marriage; is Bill Burr funny?
My wife fucking hates the guy beyond belief and says he is the typical asshole I grew up with (he does a skit on the way women fight, which is what I think of silently during this tirade), is mean, nasty, always giving people crap they don't deserve and that is why she hates him, and by extension, obviously why I love him. Ok. As for me, in a world of humorless political correctness, I think he is the last truly hysterical person left in the comedy business and listen to his shit all the time. I try not drink a beverage when I watch because he makes me laugh just that hard. He gives shit to the people no one else does and it is so dead on point, it is fucking hysterical. No reason to hut a woman, is lietarlly comedic genius.
Yay or nay on Bill Burr?

19 comments

• azdd
    4 months ago
    100% yay on Bill Burr! I think he’s hilarious, my wife won’t listen to him.
  • twentyfive
    4 months ago
    He’s pretty good he makes me laugh
  • Mate27
    4 months ago
    Something I totally agree with OP about. Bill Burr is one comedian I will listen to his podcasts. The guy has proven delivery from years of honing his skill. Just saw him a couple months ago and he gave us two hours of belly laughs. The only thing I disagree with the OP on this topic is his wife. My wife was the one who bought tickets to see him, and she said she nearly kissed her pants during the show.

My favorite line from Burr is when he remarks about people getting plastic surgery when they’re older, and says “quit trying to look fuckable in your 50’s! You’ve had a good run.” So true….its funny seeing those old fucks trying to keep their youth.
  • Mate27
    4 months ago
    No reason to hit a woman??!! The gall to say that. I can list 9 off the top of my head in a drunken stupor, but you just don’t do it. There are thousands of reasons to hit a woman.

Burr commenting after watching a clip from “The View”.
  • rattdog
    4 months ago
    there are tons of comedians out there that would have to pay me a whole lot to endure a half or full hour of them attempting their versions of stage comedy. bill burr though is one guy out of not many that i would not mind at all forking over my hard money to watch any place, any time.
  • stripperlover777
    4 months ago
    *******Howard Stern*******
    He Is Rock Radio Host, Like Hearing Him, Good Style & Stuff He Talks About 👽 😎 🤓
    🎶🎶🎶 Yesss, I Luveee Rock Music
  • Dolfan
    4 months ago
    I like him.
  • motorhead
    4 months ago
    First comedy special I ever watched I didn’t particularly like him. But the more I watch of him, the funnier he gets. Now I’m a fan.
  • drewcareypnw
    4 months ago
    He is clever, and at times funny, but a bit too much of the “angry little man” for my tastes.
  • Studme53
    4 months ago
    He’s funny. His Netflix movie Old Dads sucked so bad, but he’s a good stand up.
  • Muddy
    4 months ago
    Bill Burrs had some funny stuff back in the day. He’s somewhat anti woke but at the same time he’s a little woke too. Kinda like Lou’s CK is. But after his beef with Anthony Cumia, I mean let’s be honest Bill Burr is a sensitive little bitch whose wife has him on a leash.

Now Nick Depaolo on the other hand. THAT is the greatest Boston comedian, all time hands down. Lmao everytime.
  • minnow
    4 months ago
    Yea, put him right next to Sam Kinison, George Carlin, etal on my watch list.
  • Subraman
    4 months ago
    Thumbs up on BB, he's been one of the funniest comedians for a while
  • Jascoi
    4 months ago
    who?
  • captainfun
    4 months ago
    He’s got that Northeast edge to him that is typically very polarizing - people seem to like him or hate him. And yes, his snarky schtick would be the type of humor typical of many people I’ve known from NY and Mass. He’s one of the few comedians, like Dave Chappelle, who will press on most any sensitive tonic without fear of backlash
  • skibum609
    4 months ago
    The northeast is a weird place in many ways. Drinking here is insane compared to the rest of the land (Cannot get into a Patriots parking lot more than 2 hours because of out-of-control tailgating and beer sales are shut off 10 minutes into the second half, so that people survive the parking lots afterwards). The real difference is when I chat about childhoods with people who grew up in other places. Growing up here I assumed everyone got in fights all the time when they and that's what weekends were for. Turns out its a local schtick.
  • groundball
    4 months ago
    I think he's a great actor (voice work on GTA5) and he's an okay comedian. Above average for sure
  • gammanu95
    4 months ago
    Bill Burr is a passive agressive coward. He's also one-dimensional as an actor. An overrated hack who slyly plays both sides against each other. Almost as bad as Bill Maher. Fetterman in third place.
  • DeclineToState
    4 months ago
    Dude is hilarious.
    He recently did a morning show interview on my regional sports radio (SF Bay Area) station and was a crackup, mostly talking about New England sports and Deflategate conspiracies and baseball's steroid era (all while talking to his kids telling them to get out the door and into the car).
    My first exposure was his well played supporting role of Kuby in Breaking Bad - didn't realize til much later he's a comedian and not primarily an actor.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion