tuscl

WRIST WATCHES

rattdog
New York
Sunday, June 16, 2024 1:55 PM
yesterday after messing around with this street girl i noticed she was wearing a wrist watch. looked like a nice one. don't know the brand but it was like a nice looking square one along with a nice matching wristband. a nice accessory that just adds to her facial beauty and nice thick ass.

but what made me wonder though was why? pragmatically wouldn't it be a waste, considering the phone she's always looking at already has a clock built into it? once i got my very first phone having a watch ever again was never considered.

19 comments

• shadowcat
    3 months ago
    My watch was given to me by gridget, my ATF, for Christmas back in 2007. I only wear it when I go to strip clubs because they don't have clocks and I don't like to take my cell phone in for safety concerns.
  • CJKent_band
    3 months ago
    @rattdog

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

Wrist Watches ⌚️ Why?

According to google:

“today, there are more and more people wearing traditional mechanical wristwatches or buying them as an investment, as this is one of the hottest trends these days.”

It is just a trend a fad.

“In conclusion, the resurgence of small watches represents a return to classic elegance and timeless sophistication. They exude subtlety and understated charm while maintaining a unique presence.”

:D
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    What the wearer of a fancy watch thinks
    "This makes me look refined and tasteful."

What most viewers really think
    "This dude has a really little dick."
  • TCabot
    3 months ago
    Watches and rings are the only two pieces of permissible jewelry for a man, in my opinion. I love wrist watches. Check the time when I don’t want to take out my rectangular phone or can’t always (like in a work meeting).

I also just find something endearing about an object so simple. Quartz or mechanical - it only tells time. No extra apps, tech in the background, etc. I envy some of you older guys on here that got to spend most of your life in purely analogue times. I only got about 10-12 years of an analogue world.

I’ve always wondered what the monger-horological community overlap looked like.
  • rickthelion
    3 months ago
    Wristwatches make a classy statement. Any schmo or doe can look at their phone but you want a watch to convey sophistication.

For example, this rick has taken to wearing an oystersteel and yellow gold Sea-Dweller with his stylin’ suit. The Sea-Dweller also reminds me of the good times I’ve had with my bud the barnacle. But the biggest benefit of that kind of watch is the fact that it makes this lion 🦁 look smooth with a capital SMOO…

ROAR!!!
  • TCabot
    3 months ago
    YG Seadweller? Nice. That’s heavy enough you can use it to clobber someone over the head with.
  • rickthelion
    3 months ago
    ^
    Light as a feather to this rick. After all, I’m a frickin’ lion. ROAR!!!
  • TCabot
    3 months ago
    ^
    I’m an Omega man.
  • MrFuturi
    3 months ago
    Im the same way Rattdog. Never had a need for wristwatches since then. Most of the new watches people are wearing are Apple or Android products that serves the same purpose as a cell phone. I think those should be banned in clubs as well. They can record you like a phone and id never put blackmail past a stripper.
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    when i retired the company gave me a inexpensive ( cheap ) wristwatch. probably cost $20 at the most... .haven't worn it yet and retirement was in 2007.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    3 months ago
    A while back I bought six boxes of miscellaneous watches watch parts some new in the box some returns they were from Macy's I sold off a couple of the boxes right away and a bunch of them I put new batteries in and resole them and I kept about 30 a couple of them I put in new batteries and wear them and I really just haven't had time to change out some of the other ones and I still have about I would say 50 really nice watches to put batteries in and resell mine use or nothing expensive they're all probably worth somewhere between 5 and $30 some of them are kids watches which are pretty neat cuz they come in their own cool little boxes I mean there's like Superman Star Wars ninja Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Frozen some kind of waiting for like a rainy couple of days where there's like nothing else to do and I can just sit there and watch TV watch movies and replace all the batteries I went out purchased the tool kit too bad I can't add any pictures
  • iknowbetter
    3 months ago
    I still like wearing a traditional mechanical watch. For some reason I don’t go to my phone to check the time or date, even though it’s always available.
    Ive become a big fan of Citizen Ecodrives. Reasonably inexpensive, indestructible, and reliable as hell. The only downside is they never need to be replaced, so you never have an excuse to buy a new watch.

I also have a vintage ‘69 Rolex Daytona that was given to me when my father in law passed. I’ll wear it on special occasions, but the appraised insurance value makes it more of a liability to wear around on a regular basis.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    ^ it's only worth something if you sell it
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    My Seiko Titanium Kinetic from 2000 looks as good today as it did 24 years ago. I love this watch. My wife liked rectangle and I like round. I don't wear it all the time. I find at strip clubs it's better to use a watch than whip out a smartphone and get yelled at.
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    iknowbetter: ‘69 Rolex Daytona - SWEET!
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    I have a drawer in my nightstand that hold my high school, college, law school and masters diplomas. All in their original envelope or scroll. I also have 4 watches, brand new, in their original boxes, as I got a watch for every graduation. Never worn one. Don't use my phone either. If I see a clock 2-3 times a day I innately know what time it is within 2-3 minutes.
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    “My Seiko Titanium Kinetic from 2000”

That’s what I had too. Only wore it when flying or to strip clubs. But I had a home burglary around 2006 - one and only incident like that - and it was the only thing of value taken. Never replaced it.
  • whodey
    3 months ago
    For many years the only time I had worn a watch was when I was dressed up for a special occasion and it just went with the suit or tux. I received a Tag Heuer Carrera as a college graduation gift a little over 20 years and it is the only "real" watch I have ever owned.

A few years ago I did start wearing a smart watch for a while, but stopped after about a year. I used it mainly as a fitness and sleep tracker as I was going through some really bad insomnia at the time, but once I finally got that issue resolved I didn't see the need to keep wearing the smart watch.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 months ago
    Watches for some people are an investment tool. But they are a piece of jewelry. Some are so complex you cant even tell the time on them. Their purpose has almost nothing to do with telling the time. Rather theyre a piece of jewelry/show of wealth. The diamond coated watches are nice but rolex and the bigger brands will lose resale value if you add custom diamonds to them. If you really care about investment value youd want to get a plain jane rolex, breitling, audemars, patek etc and leave it plain. If you just want to show off wealth the best bet would be getting a used diamond coated rolex or breitling. The breitlings can be as low as 4k, rolex maybe 6k or more. But as far as impressing civvies or dancers or random people the diamond watch will do a far better job than a plain jane one.

If it was a square watch perhaps it was a cartier santos, or joe rodeo madison…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion