tuscl

O. J. Simpson dead at 76

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Thursday, April 11, 2024 4:07 PM
Great ball player, his legacy will be tainted by the murders of his wife and Ronald Goldman, and his troubled life.

25 comments

• shailynn
    4 months ago
    When I think of OJ I always think of this: [view link] What a dumbass. I forgot he served 9 years in prison. Seems like a pretty stiff sentence for me - unless the judge was trying to make up for the other crime he committed - DOUBLE MURDER!
  • Studme53
    4 months ago
    “I was in Chicago when I didn’t do nuffin” Good riddance.
  • Studme53
    4 months ago
    One good thing that came out of his trial is people saw the cultural divide and dropped delusions about everyone wanting “justice”.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 months ago
    The defense in that case did their job well, the prosecution fucked up royally. And an acquittal in that case, however galling to the victims' families, was the right thing to do in that instance.
  • mike710
    4 months ago
    "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!"
  • Studme53
    4 months ago
    lol - if the races of the victims/murderer were reversed and it was a normal jury, the prosecution would have been sufficient. I’ll concede it was a weak judge and O.J. bought good lawyers who cynically played the race card to a jury that was receptive to that obscene bullshit.
  • shailynn
    4 months ago
    Just saw a blurb about him that made me laugh my ass off (I already know I’m going to hell). “Rest in peace to a legend. He was never afraid to take a stab at something new.”
  • Studme53
    4 months ago
    I hope Hitler and Ted Bundy are shoving a pineapple up his ass right now.
  • RamPaige
    4 months ago
    I will always remember how divisive his murder trial was. I was still in high school at the time, and when his not guilty was announced, I remember all the black and brown kids in my class roared in cheers, while the rest of us went silent.
  • whodey
    4 months ago
    Great athlete but terrible scumbag of a human. Glad to know he is rotting in hell now.
  • gammanu95
    4 months ago
    Who could forgot him in the Naked Gun series? And some truly funny commercials. As a child who grew up watching him in comedies and commercials, it was difficult to imagine him slaughtering two people in cold blood with a knife.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    Chris Darden and Marcia Clark were so busy fucking each other they didn't realize how bad they were fucking up the case. They both should have been disbarred. A first year law student wouldn't have let OJ try on the glove.
  • DeclineToState
    3 months ago
    ->@skibum: "Chris Darden and Marcia Clark were so busy fucking each other they didn't realize how bad they were fucking up the case. They both should have been disbarred. A first year law student wouldn't have let OJ try on the glove." Clark performed OK, though not nearly as well as one would expect from her reportedly being one of (or the most) experienced murder prosecutors at L.A. DA office at the time. Darden was flat out awful. Judge Ito was a joke and had no courtroom control. Courtroom video feed made it a circus.
  • SquareCastle
    3 months ago
    Anyone ever see The People vs OJ Simpson with Cuba Gooding? It was a phenomenal series. Highly recommend it.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    I almost forgot to post my favorite joke about former Buffalo Bills halfback OJ Simpson. How did the Los Angeles Police know that OJ did not stab Nicole and Ron to death? Because the Bills always choke.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    Drink apple juice, because OJ will kill you.
  • RockAllNight
    3 months ago
    Reminds me of something which was popular at the time Q - what do you call a small taco? A - Taquito Q - what do you call a small burro? A - Burrito While neither of the answers are entirely accurate, they set up the final question. Q - what do you call a small judge? A - Judge Ito, of course. Lance Ito was only 5’6”
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 months ago
    The legal system found that he probably did it, but there were reasonable doubts. Seems plausible to me. If I had to choose between having OJ or Mark Furman as a neighbor, I'd pick OJ. Furman seemed more habitually violent, no jealous rage required.
  • DandyDan
    3 months ago
    The great irony is that he was considered for The Terminator, but James Cameron didn't think he'd be believable as a killer.
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    “Anyone ever see The People vs OJ Simpson with Cuba Gooding? It was a phenomenal series. Highly recommend it.” Totally agree. A lot of mistakes were made during the trial, but long before the glove, the case was lost when the idiot DA Garcetti chose to try the case downtown when in should have been tried in Santa Monica.
  • Studme53
    3 months ago
    Just saw a barber (apparently a wise sage in the “community”) on the news say, “We remember him as a hero, but “they” turned him into a villain.” Pretty sure who “they” are. The “community” will never change and it will always be a place to leave as soon as you can.
  • Meshuggah
    3 months ago
    Saw OJ at a strip club in North Miami a couple of decades ago, my buddy had the DJ page Ron Goldman.
  • twentyfive
    3 months ago
    ^ O. J. was buddies with the owner of Deans Gold and he was well known in the club.
  • Muddy
    3 months ago
    Check the 911 calls from other domestic incidents from Nicole Brown [view link] Just hearing the fear in her voice. That guy was such a piece of shit. Really him getting off was one dumbest things in American history.
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    Lots of social media comments and still 30 years later the question of guilt is still divided by race
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion