tuscl

Know any strippers that took a breast augmentation deduction?

I just read that was a possibility since it was job related. I'm not totally sure if it was accepted by the IRS or not though. Maybe it was.
From marketwatch.com
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ei…

For any newbies reading this, highlight the text above, press control+ letter C at the same time to copy, then go to the address line in your browser and press control+ letter V to paste it.

Anyone heard of dancers successfully deducting breast augmentation? I'm wondering if that is acceptable since it does seem that is job related for dancers.

15 comments

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    I did all my taxes manually without software and without paying Bill Gates a big chunk of change to either spend 200 bucks on new software or several hundred for a new pc. It was just as fast as the computer I thought if not faster. My State taxes only took me 39 minutes and I was checking everything carefully. If I hadn't itemized and then read all about the AMT tax and how it's going to be lower for 2008, I would have been done even quicker. Apparently the AMT exemption increased for the tax year 2007 but for 2008 tax year it's going to drop to $33,500 or something. However just because you make more than 33,000 doesn't mean you will have to pay an AMT tax, you have to do a calculation and it appears I will still be making not enough money to worry about it. I expect our taxes will be going up no matter who is president next year.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Anyone ever heard of a dancer filing their taxes in a totally legal fashion, period...sheesh...
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Actually shadowcat did hear about some reporting taxes so that they could buy a house. To qualify for a mortgage at least in the Carolinas, the banks in this part of the nation did require income requirements before loaning money to people to buy houses. I heard shadowcat said one dancer reported $60,000 and then had to pay taxes on all of that. I wonder how many dancers would have just rented instead?
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Lol, if I knew the dancer, I could say to her, "Yeah, just think about that big income tax refund you can get back!" Just being funny, since if you're getting a big refund back it just means you made a big interest free loan to uncle sam.
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    Quite the card you are!
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Actually you can deduct them if you get an really odd size like FF . Something that screams no one would get this for personal reasons.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Wondergirl, wouldn't you have to depreciate them over their useful life? I wonder how long that is?
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    its a 10 year depreciation based on which type you choose I believe silicone is 12 yrs and you have to get them insured
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    The Tax Court ruled that stripper Chesty Love could take a business deduction for these because they were not suitable for normal street wear
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    wondergirl: I knew about the 10 year thing. Is there a health risk after that or is it just the fact that they start looking worn out? I have seen some older dancers that really look bad. I figure that they are not making enough money any more to get them redone.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    revision surgery isnt that expensive actually but alot of women prefer to keep what they got. Its not a health risk persay but it is suggested to change them since newer implants are always being developed.They are developing on that clones your natural tissue and is then grafted on.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Yea, one of my former ATFs said when she got her new boobs that she could have gone the silcone route, but she would have to basically agree to mamograms every year or so (that weren't covered by health insurance!) just to be sure that she wasn't harming her body. The silcone industry made the FDA take back their ban just so they could make more money in this country I think.
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    Sure. My ATF files taxes (see the other question) and keeps careful records of her expenses for hair, make-up, tanning, nails, outfits, and yes - her breast augmentation. Paying taxes as a dancer sucks, but if they want to purchase a home, they usually have little other options if they are single.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    My guess is that a lot of people who are making most of their cash as strippers could probably create a catering or dog-grooming business as a front. Claim the income was from that.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Hmm ... dog-groomer gonna have a hard time justifying breast augmentation as a business expense tho' ... hmm ... didn't thinka that ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion