WA Stripper Bill of Rights

Saturday, February 10, 2024 4:13 AM
What about a PL Bill Of Rights? [view link]

8 comments

This jerk gives all PL’s a bad name In late 2022, Eva Bhagwandin had just given a man three lap dances at a club in Seattle only to have his card declined, the 28-year-old said. He became aggressive, yelling that he already paid. The manager didn’t step in and there was no security guard, so she and a waitress had to get him and his screaming friends out of the club. She was never paid the $140 she was owed, but still had to pay $200 to the club. Afterward, she learned that another dancer had experienced something similar two days before with the same men
RockAllNight
3 months ago
Yeah, that's for sure on the manager. Strip clubs needs bouncers like Tyrus. I can't imagine being an owner and not have decent sized bouncers. Also, I'm sure word passes FAST between the girls in the area of the good, the bad and the ugly clubs.
mogul1985
3 months ago
The only violence I’ve personally seen at the Seattle clubs is dancer on dancer. I was talking to one of them, took a quick trip to the bathroom and came back to both of them being restrained. At night they all have bouncers. Kittens in particular is one of those fuck around find out clubs, there’s a lot of “motorcycle club” presence there at times.
Context22
3 months ago
Presumably most of the violence the dancers are worried about wouldn't be easily observed by you (or other patrons), hence the panic button requirement. This seems like a good idea to me. We have so many posts worrying ladies choosing other SW professions contributing to the slow decline of the industry. One way to combat it is just to give the dancers better (and safer) working conditions.
blahblahblahs
3 months ago
@blahblahblahs - agreed they need safety. This should be on the club, 100%.
mogul1985
3 months ago
Shithead behavior from both dancers and customers is a problem is the vast majority of clubs. I've heard it from almost every dancer I've know who's danced for more than a few months. And clubs enable *both* sides, assuming customers are lying about dancers and dancers are lying about customers. Note, I am *not* talking about dancers who promise sex and don't deliver. That's a separate issue that cannot legally be addressed in most places. It's shitty, but it's gonna happen, and there ain't a damned thing anyone can do about it except be aware.
georgmicrodong
3 months ago
Normally I hate it whenever a government starts regulating strip clubs, but in this case I can't see anything in the article I wouldn't want to see implemented. Assuming there is nothing else hidden in the legislation that isn't mentioned in the article I hope it passes and hope other places follow their lead.
whodey
3 months ago
Blah I agree with you 100%
bang69
3 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion