tuscl

HK Sunday 1/21 and maybe Tuesday 1/23

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 6:36 AM
Going to be in San Diego next week on business. Thinking about flying in a day early and staying at Cascadas Sunday night. Hopefully hit it up again Tuesday evening. Anyone want to meet up either night? Also wondering about parking…I usually Uber from the airport and probably will Sunday/Monday but Tuesday night figured I’d just drive the rental car down and park. Are the parking lots secure? Any concerns leaving a rental parked in the lot overnight?

19 comments

• PutaTester
    5 months ago
    Shouldn’t be a problem parking in any of the lots as long as there isn’t anything tempting in view. When driving a rental, I always make sure that it has a trunk. That said, sometimes the line to drive into Mexico is backed up on the city streets. Do not drive into Mexico! That is not what I am suggesting. However, the backed up city streets can take hours to get to the parking lots, such as the one behind Jack in the Box. That is when you might consider parking at a trolley station for your first night and taking the trolley to the border. Come back the next day when the border isn’t crowded and move the car if you are going to stay another night. Also, there is a $10/night lot near the Starbucks. Never used it myself, but it is much cheaper than any other lot in the area.
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    I'll suggest park at either Palm avenue trolley stop or Iris avenue parking lot. One advantage that Iris avenue has is that they also have buses that run schedules around the clock, whereas the trolley shuts down in the wee hours of the morning. I have parked 5 days straight without moving my car with no problem. the parking is also free at these locations. and for me being an old fart, my trolley ride is only $1.25. walk across the border at San ysidro the pedeast , and grab a ride with the Hong Kong zona shuttle for free. just tip the driver a dollar or two. enjoy your trip and keep most your money hidden in case you encounter the the bandits with badges!
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    also take your passport with you. or a passport card. it'll help you avoid a shakedown by the Mexican border officials.
  • TJVisitor23
    5 months ago
    Parking at the trolley stops never crossed my mind. Great feedback, glad I asked. Looks like the trolley starts at 400 AM which is perfect since want to be out no later than 500.
  • TJVisitor23
    5 months ago
    Jascoi how do you typically separate your money and “hide” it? I typically keep a 100-150 in my pocket and whatever else I have I put in a not so secret hidden pocket in my bag. Easy to overlook in a hurry but if someone is actually looking they will find it.
  • besmitty
    5 months ago
    i should be in town that time frame and goto TJ on Mon/tue. message me if you'd like. I can give advice on parking or other avenues. I have a work thing Tuesday (1pm-7pm) in san diego so i will go monday to TJ... tuesday to SD and back to TJ later, then back to SD wed and fly to TX wed. lol
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    I discovered I have something in my closet already that I rarely wear... but now I wear a pair when I walk across the border in Tijuana and then back to the USA. That's a pair of whitie tighties. Believe it or not, most brands have a pocket. probably the best place ever that will escape close inspection when being frisked.
  • CJKent_band
    5 months ago
    @TJVisitor23 and @Jascoi You need to get a RFID Blocking Travel Wallet - Money Belt & Passport Holder that you can tie to your waist under your shirt. You should treat the hobby as gambling and only carry money you are willing to loose and don’t feel guilty about it. Remember that life provides no guarantees and warranties to any of us. It only provides possibilities and opportunities. You don’t need a “prison wallet” to hide your money in the Happiest Place on earth. [view link] With the right mindset and realistic expectations, most heterosexual American men will have a good time at Hong Kong, Tijuana… Just be careful out there, wherever you decide to go and do, don’t drink too much, behave like a normal adult a gentleman and you will be treated like one. And remember Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. :D
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    no 'prison wallet' required. and the problem with the RFID wallet and money belt is at the cop can feel it under your shirt.
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    *that*
  • TJVisitor23
    5 months ago
    Appreciate the tips and advice. Looking forward to It!
  • CJKent_band
    5 months ago
    @Jascoi The RFID wallet and money belt is for some of your money only, and to pacify whoever is robbing you, so they won’t physically hurt you. We all know that when we are victims of an armed robbery (by the police or criminals) we should remain calm and do not resist. Assure the robber we will cooperate and take no action that may jeopardize our safety. Don’t make any quick or unexpected movements. Follow the robber’s directions, but do not offer more than what they ask you for. Don’t argue. If you have to move or reach into your pockets to give the robber what they want, tell them what you are going to do and why. Your personal safety is your top priority. Money and property is not more important than your personal safety and CAN be replaced! If you ha been the victim of armed robbery get help from others. These are some Coping Strategies: Victims can do some things to help with recovery from a robbery. These include:  avoid the use of drugs or alcohol to help you cope  exercise regularly, eat healthy meals and get sufficient rest  talk with people you trust for support and set boundaries when you don’t feel like talking  remember that robbers usually don’t remember faces or appearances of their victims  journal your thoughts and feelings, especially if you are emotional or having trouble sleeping  maintain your daily routine but allow yourself a break and ask for help if you need it One Week to One Month from the date of the robbery; During this time period, the unusual reactions begin to diminish for many victims. You may have a brief relapse after a difficult day or a stressful event, but your recovery will likely continue. It is not uncommon to continue to dream about the event, suffer from sleeplessness, have periodic episodes of depression or irritability and/or withdraw from people If the unusual reactions continue so that it is affecting your personal life, family, or your work, then professional help should be sought. Who Can Help?  Mental Health Association: Call 211 for Crisis Intervention, Information and Referrals. Let’s be careful out there.
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    I do admit I'm still having issues with my encounter with the bandits with badges. I'm going to make another attempt to run into that trio again and get at least one badge number. and I won't be carrying the amount of money I was on my original encounter... I certainly learned that lesson.
  • PutaTester
    5 months ago
    I understand your anxiety, but to try to track down your antagonists might be a mistake? We have met and I know that you are a bit of a badass, but this doesn’t sound like it will end well. Be safe amigo.
  • OPIllini96
    5 months ago
    Jascol, I agree with Puta. Yeah, what happened with you a few months ago definitely stinks, but personally I wouldn’t make things worse by going after those guys. Then you’re asking for real trouble. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide on a course of action; just be safe whatever you do my friend.
  • TJVisitor23
    5 months ago
    How much did they get you for?
  • CJKent_band
    5 months ago
    @Jascoi You wrote and I quote: “I'm going to make another attempt to run into that trio again and get at least one badge number. and I won't be carrying the amount of money I was on my original encounter... I certainly learned that lesson.” I don’t know what your plan is or your ultimate goal is to run into the individuals that rob you. Maybe you want to be a Vigilante like Charles Bronson in the movies Death Wish 1-5 and plan to take matters into your own hands… You remind me of the sayings: “A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged.” “A liberal is a conservative who has been arrested by police.” In my opinion a rational, informed, person knows that there are risks in life, and there are places where the risks are greater and would actually benefit from some kind of therapy to cope with an extreme stressful situation like a robbery. I have met many people, my students and colleagues who have experienced this kind of abuse robbery at gun point, knife, by a group etc, in the USA and abroad, each has dealt with it in his own way. We are all different, your original personality has been damaged, and you must evaluate the damage and work on repairing it and even make it better. However: “Have you ever heard someone say that when you break a bone, the healing process makes it stronger than it was in the first place? This often-repeated notion may give you the idea that after your broken bone heals, it will be tougher than ever and won’t break again, but this isn’t actually true. Having had a previous break won’t protect you from breaking the same bone again, if you happen to experience trauma to the same body part. Once your broken bone heals fully, it should be just as strong as the rest of your bones, so you won’t be more or less likely to break it than another bone.” I hope you can get back to your old self and able to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth (according to Krusty) [view link] And take advantage the safe secure Free Limo service from Honk Kong. [view link] Let’s be careful out there, don’t drink too much, don’t act stupid, loud, disrespectful like an Ugly American, behave like a gentleman and chances are you will be trained like a gentleman. :D
  • TJ Walker
    5 months ago
    Getting the cops badge or name won't help you. Reporting the cops to Sindicatura office won't help either. You'll be required to face the corrupt cops in person at the office. Do you want to make enemies with them?
  • Jascoi
    5 months ago
    I seen that trio a number of times over the years. they focus on revolution avenue tourist area. I mean I shop and I eat and have a drink on that avenue... along with thousands of others. it wasn't until this encounter with them in October that I found out their true nature. I'll try the sindicatura office before 3:00 p.m. when they close and file a report. I feel I need to do what I can without getting into danger.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion