tuscl

Start me up !

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Saturday, December 2, 2023 4:36 PM
How cool is this ? The Rolling Stones are about to start a new tour and wait for it, the tour is sponsored by AARP I can get some satisfaction!

18 comments

• Jascoi
    8 months ago
    it makes me wonder how long they're going to really survive...
  • shadowcat
    8 months ago
    Johnny Mathis, 88 is still doing concerts.
  • Mate27
    8 months ago
    That’s so cool, and gives every old person hope they can contribute to society even past their chronological retirement! I remember seeing them 20 years ago thinking it could be the last time I’ll get the chance. Seems like those old rockers just fade away. Saw the Who in Vegas 6 years ago, and it took Roger Daultry 5-6 songs to warm up his vocal cords. There was even an announcement warning anyone who brought a vape and exhaled in the arena that the show would be canceled, because the vape smoke is too irritable for his throat. I wonder if the Rollingstones’ stage will be lined with foam mats to prevent injury of falling? I bet they got a youthful drummer though, maybe even a metronome?
  • Mate27
    8 months ago
    ^ I see Steve Jordan will continue filling in as drummer. He’s got a storied career working with several geriatric rock groups and was with SNL and David Letterman on the Late Night shows. I’m sure he’ll keep up, being he’s 15 years younger than the rest of the band.
  • azdd
    8 months ago
    I already have tickets for May 7th in Phoenix! Too bad most dancers have no clue who they are.
  • motorhead
    8 months ago
    It’s amazing they’ve stayed in such good shape. Just look at guys that came much later such as Axel Rose and Vince Neil. And Neil Young who’s two tears younger than Mick looks atrocious.
  • rattdog
    8 months ago
    imho their last solid album hat they released was undercover of the night from 1983. with that being said luv or hate 'em there is no denying their legendary status. kinda cool i think that they still seem more than enthusiastic in still making albums and touring the world.
  • motorhead
    8 months ago
    ^^ I might take it a step further - their last good album on my collection is “Some Girls” in 1978, forty five years ago. But what they did in about 8 years from 1965-1973 cemented them as my ATF.
  • rattdog
    8 months ago
    ^^some girls is more than a solid album - it's a classic!!!! my fave stones album actually. is undercover as good as some girls? fuck no, but still i much prefer to listen to than all of their albums that came after that one.
  • datinman
    8 months ago
    The Rolling Stones are going to headline the 2024 Jazz and Heritage Fest on May 2. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see the Stones at this point, but throw in 4 days of bands and great NOLA food and it sounds like a good excuse to spend a couple of weeks in Marigny. Shame NOLA strip clubs suck.
  • Muddy
    8 months ago
    My dad saw the stones back '64 when he was basically a little kid. It amazing you can see them 60 years later, that's incredible. I will try to see them I haven't yet.
  • Muddy
    8 months ago
    I've been seeing a bunch of throwback artists going around the circuit this year. Covid rebound looks like. I saw Springsteen in Jersey at Metlife. Stood in the pit. Great show this guy is 74 still bringing, really takes a lot of energy to do what he does. Although he hurt himself after this show something about him taking a shit. Aerosmith this was the craziest rock show in terms of the techinical, showy stuff that I've ever been too. Although once again, he injured his vocal chords after this show and had to postpone his tour so just made it with Bruce and Aerosmith. Kenny Loggins saw him down in Clearwater. He's hanging it up as far as touring (matter of fact dedicated my avatar to him because of it) Awesome stuff though, he was a good as ever. I'm hopped on a plane for this and I'm glad I did, well worth it. Doobie Brothers with Michael Mcdonald- These guys were awesome. Saw them up in New Brunswick. Tom has been out injured. Pat killed it. And I'm a huge Michael Mcdonald fan I think he's one of the best singers ever. He's not usually with the Doobies so it was great hearing the Mcdonald era stuff as well as the Johnston era stuff. Sting at Jones beach. You know what I never got a chance to see the Police my all time favorite band. And they played two Jones beach show in 2008. I wasn't able to make it but if that I happened today I find a way to make that work, money be damned. I kick myself all the time for not making it but at least I get to see Sting. Although even going back to the 90's his voice changed at some point, it's much lower. He sung some police songs which was cool. I mean really like a lot of sting solo stuff but I love the police stuff. And I saw Queens of the Stone age. And Bryan Adams too. Also Tears for Fears. All awesome. Really I can't say any of it was like damn these guys suck now, nope. Everyone I saw brought the house down. I missed Anita Baker who I think is great. And the Eagles and Jackson Browne. Trying to catch all these groups while they are still out there getting after it.
  • Studme53
    8 months ago
    I saw the Stones in the early ‘80s and it was like a nostalgic thing even back then. But back then there were dozens of great up and coming hard rocking bands that were more relevant. The Clash, Pretenders, Guns and Roses, etc. I might be too disconnected from the rock scene, but has there any up and coming more relevant rock bands in the last 20 years? Rock is dead.
  • Studme53
    8 months ago
    ^ Back then Van Halen, Springsteen, Thin Lizzy (personal favorite) Now - nothing new in the last 25 years. Rock is dead. Only option is to see and oldies act like The Rolling Stones. Depressing.
  • skibum609
    8 months ago
    The Rolling Stones never go away and Mateswithtweens27 remains a useless pussy.
  • Mate27
    8 months ago
    Hey skidumb, smell my finger!
  • rattdog
    8 months ago
    the music industry is just like major league sports - a rough and tough competition at the highest possible level. it's human nature for mick n keith to look at the record charts to see how their album release is doing as well as the rest of the competition. in the 60's their main rivals were the beatles, beach boys, and creedence. these were some serious bad mofos that were in their prime they were going against. then the 70 - holy shit!!! they're competing against led zeppelin and the eagles for several years. survive that then with some girls they had to go up against that disco juggernaut called the bee gees. newer bands featuring newer musical innovations - think van halen and new wave - as well as pink floyd the wall and journey infinity. moonwalking man and madonna in the 80's. the stones - they survived all of that and are still around to this day.
  • captainfun
    8 months ago
    I saw the Stones about 20 years ago at the ballpark where the Chicago White Sox play. Terrible sound quality but cool to see them play. I remember thinking they were old back them. Worth seeing again if only for the chance to go for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion